Posted to uk.d-i-y
Judith Judith is offline

Default DIT Storage heaters

On Sun, 11 Dec 2016 04:42:03 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

"Judith" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 9 Dec 2016 23:17:59 -0800 (PST), Simon Mason
wrote:

On Saturday, 10 December 2016 06:54:19 UTC, ARW wrote:
On 10/12/2016 05:20, Simon Mason wrote:
Now I have free electricity I have decided to get rid of my gas boiler
and fit room electric storage heaters instead. Do I keep my water
filled radiators and get a bloke to install an electric CH system, or
do I rip out the lot myself and fit £3000 2kW electric storage
heaters?

FFS.

If you have free electricity why would you want electric storage
heaters?

Well, unlike the gas that I pay for, if I have free electric heating, I
can heat the house for nothing and ditch boiler breakdown insurance as
well.

How much free electric do you have per hour?
From where do you get it?

They don't currently read the meter because he agreed
to have a smartmeter installed and they havent gotten
around to installing it yet.

Oh - so its not actually free then - and he was just lying (again)

Thanks