Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mr Pounder Esquire Mr Pounder Esquire is offline

Default DIT Storage heaters

Simon Mason wrote:
On Saturday, 10 December 2016 10:47:48 UTC, Brian Gaff wrote:

As for the original question. How has this person got free
electricity. Suffice to say that if this is true, you can jolly
well be sure it will not remain free for very long as the
government will want to tax it.

The only way they will ever find out is if a man comes to read it
which last happened in 2012.

I do my own readings and submit them online to BG.
I remember this bloke coming round to read the meters about two years ago
and asked him what happens if they are ALWAYS unable to obtain access or are
turned away.
He said that at the end of the day, and it could be a long day, a warrant is
obtained and he comes back with a policeman.
I can't remember if they still come round to read the meter, but there is
meter reading bloke living down the road from me. He drives around in a van.
Oh!

https://www.britishgas.co.uk/help-an...-my-meter.html
"For safety reasons and as required by law, we will still send an authorised
meter reader to inspect your meter from time to time."

I'd watch it Simon.