Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Any easy way to delaminate a big transformer

On Sunday, July 27, 2014 8:20:09 PM UTC-4, Jim Wilkins wrote:
wrote in message

... authority that says high voltage is safer than ...

Senile lloyd wants to know how high voltage is safer than low.

Anyway, you apparently you never took the hospital electrician's

advice of referring you to the NEC manual.

A taser is 50,000 volts. Thats high. The amperage there isn't a

factor. A stun gun is 900,000 volts. That outta tell you right there

that voltage isn't what harms. It's low voltage with higher amps

that is harmful.

Talk to a physicist or a doctor your own damn lazy self if you want

to know what of two voltages fits your satisfaction of what's safer.

In case someone out there is naive enough to believe anything

morongulah posts,

You never proved my response wrong. I gave Lloyd the exact answer to his question. Go back and read it. Slooowly like the kindergardener that you are, Jim.

those examples can be used around people because

they have an OUTPUT IMPEDANCE high enough to limit the current to

below the fatal level.

Right. Current below the fatal level associated with a higher voltage.

Lloyd didn't say he wanted authority on anything else, did he? He wanted proof that a higher voltage (within line service) was less dangerous than a lower voltage.

With tasers and stun-guns at charging stations, they are technically part of VAC circuitry supplied by line service to the property. And yes, with a path back.

The high voltage itself is NOT the reason,

Tough, Lloyd questioned about high voltage, not me. So tell him, not me. He asked about it. Not me.

if it were lightning strikes wouldn't kill.

Lightning strikes aren't a good example, because I never said that ALL high voltages are non-fatal. Sometimes it doesn't kill. You do know that people occasionally survive lightning strikes, don't you?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Output_impedance

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lightning_strike

Both sites are irrelevant, because Lloyd asked about a general non-numeric, non-specific example of high voltage in AC circuitry less dangerous than the lower voltages in that same circuitry.

(and I TECHNICALLY provided an example)

Unlike a power transformer they can't by design put out much current.

The HF yellow bug swatter for example charges the screen up to 700V

but the inverter in mine can deliver only 7 milliAmps continuously

into a short circuit such as an ammeter.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message

With tasers and stun-guns at charging stations, they are technically
part of VAC circuitry supplied by line service to the property. And
yes, with a path back.

Huh?

Sorry, I don't speak Loser.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sunday, July 27, 2014 6:20:35 PM UTC-4, amdx wrote:
On 7/27/2014 3:50 PM, wrote:

wrote:
... authority that says high voltage is safer than ...

Senile lloyd wants to know how high voltage is safer than low. Anyway, you apparently you never took the hospital electrician's

advice of referring you to the NEC manual.

A taser is 50,000 volts. Thats high. The amperage there isn't a factor. A stun gun is 900,000 volts.

outta tell you right there that voltage isn't what harms. It's low

voltage with higher amps that is harmful.

Talk to a physicist or a doctor your own damn lazy self if you want to know what of two voltages fits your satisfaction of what's safer.

I'm rather disappointed that I have not been able to educate you about

how this all works.

Sad. You almost act like you put your money on it. Strange, huh?

I think if you could just get a good understanding

of ohms law, you would see immediately were you are mistaken.

If I was mistaken, you'd point it out immediately. Something you aren't doing. Lloyd asked a specific question that didn't involved numbers or any real parameters, so I gave an answer that technically answered his question.

You know that. That's why you didn't immediately rush to state any supposed "mistake" that I may have made.

When I got into this thread I was trying help you understand and prevent

others from getting incorrect information.

Don't you think you'd do good then by IMMEDIATELY telling us what's incorrect instead of windbagging it?

I would hate to confuse you with terms that aren't in your NEC

manual, like output impedance and current limited or short pulses or the

fact that a stun gun has electrodes that are about 2 inches apart, so

the current has little chance to go to the heart.

What's worse is perhaps the terms you list above actually are addressed in an NEC edition, but by different terminology.

Here is a page that suggests stun guns are limited to 3 ma or 4 ma and
most are limited to 1 ma to 2 milliamps.

Amperage wasn't in Lloyd's question. That's just the problem with his question. You have to pay attention, amdx.

Police tasers use darts which actually pierce the skin that reduce the

resistance of the circuit through the body so the voltage does not need

to be as high to deliver the same current as if it was on the outside of

the skin.

How do you reconcile the fact that a car battery can deliver 600 amps

but you can hold on to the terminals and survive?

I don't claim knowledge of auto electrical. I think Larry Jacques did, though. Go ask him. I don't know why DCV lead terminals can melt while you're holding them.

Answer: It's because the voltage is low, and will not cause a current

large enough to cause harm. If you raise it to say 40 or 50 volts you

might be able to start to feel it tingle. If the voltage gets much

higher, you are going to want to get loose. The bottom line is the

current is dependent on the resistance between your skin and the

electrode you touch and the voltage.

Yes and there is never an absence of resistance. Trust me. In three years of electrical and 1 year of HVAC school, you hear stuff like E=IR and P=IE

But "in my book" non-auto electricians don't normally mix with auto electricians.

These sentences might help.

The amount of current depends on the voltage and the resistance of the

circuit.

If the voltage is higher with a constant resistance more current will flow.

With a constant voltage, the current is dependent on the resistance,

with a lower resistance more current will flow, with a higher resistance

a lower current will flow.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sunday, July 27, 2014 7:27:29 PM UTC-4, Terry Coombs wrote:
amdx wrote:

On 7/27/2014 3:50 PM, wrote:

wrote:

... authority that says high voltage is safer than ...

Senile lloyd wants to know how high voltage is safer than low.

Anyway, you apparently you never took the hospital electrician's

advice of referring you to the NEC manual.

A taser is 50,000 volts. Thats high. The amperage there isn't a

factor. A stun gun is 900,000 volts.

outta tell you right there that voltage isn't what harms. It's low

voltage with higher amps that is harmful.

Talk to a physicist or a doctor your own damn lazy self if you want

to know what of two voltages fits your satisfaction of what's safer.

I'm rather disappointed that I have not been able to educate you

about how this all works. I think if you could just get a good

[...]

Mikek

Yer ****in' upwind Mike , Jonboi because mogulah is jonbanqueer already

knows everything .

Terry, thanks for the invites to Arkansas, but I'm fine where I am. You remind me of my days in chat rooms back when Bill Clinton was prez. We leftists would argue with you rightwing types.

When some of you righties would get cornered, you all would actually try to accuse Bill Clinton, himself of actually being present in that very chat room at that very time of day actually being there stating his case.

It doesn't surprise me that you think everyone who disagrees with you is just all one person all combined together in your mind.

Funny, when you step back and look at yourself, isn't it.

And physics and the laws of nature be damned

I bet you were looking for an excuse mention that line.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Terry wrote:

Yer ****in' upwind Mike , Jonboi because mogulah is
jonbanqueer already knows everything .

Terry, thanks for the invites to Arkansas, but I'm fine where I am.

You remind me of my days in chat rooms back when Bill Clinton was prez. You know, we leftists would argue with you rightwing types. Then when some of you righties would get cornered, you all would actually try to accuse Bill Clinton, himself of actually being present in that very chat room at that very time of day actually being there participating in the discussion.

It doesn't surprise me that you think everyone who disagrees with you is just sort-of all one person all combined together there in your mind.

Funny, when you step back and look at yourself, isn't it Terry?

And physics and the laws of nature be damned

I bet you were looking for an excuse to mention that line.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Monday, July 28, 2014 2:18:40 PM UTC-4, jon_banquer wrote:
On Monday, July 28, 2014 11:02:29 AM UTC-7, rangerssuck wrote:

On Sunday, July 27, 2014 8:06:17 PM UTC-4, jon_banquer wrote:

[..]

Cliques suck and they're for the weak.

Ahh, the Cobra-Kai Solid Modeling Dojo method. Sweep the leg!

Where did you say your mechanic got those brake parts from?

Still too much of a ****ing pussy to ask him?

I don't give a damn where he got the parts. If you'd read my question, you'd see that I asked about the customary markup. Why in the world you care about this is anyone's guess.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message

[...]

OK, I was just sitting here minding my own business and... Are you suggesting that a taser plugged into a 240VAC charging station is less dangerous than a taser plugged into a 120VAC charging station?

Please explain.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 28 Jul 2014 06:02:29 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

Angle grinder with an abrasive metal cutting blade works quite
nicely.

A wide blade in an air chisel. Less copper dust that way. I've
scrapped some big transformers with a wide wood chisel and a hammer.

Ayuy...that should work well too..particularly if the copper is held
solidly by the varnish.

Id sharpen the chisel a bunch though..most tend to be quite blunt.

Gunner

--
"Living in the United States now is like being a Tampon.
We're in a great place, just at a bad time."
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

rangerssuck fired this volley in
:

OK, I was just sitting here minding my own business and... Are you
suggesting that a taser plugged into a 240VAC charging station is less
dangerous than a taser plugged into a 120VAC charging station?

No, he wasn't. What he stated emphatically is that 277VAC LINE voltage
(that is, directly from incoming power company service) is less dangerous
than 120VAC line voltage. He also states that breakers should be voltage
actuated rather than current actuated. shrug... kinda defeats the
purpose, I think

And despite all urgings to the contrary, he still is spouting aluminum
foil-hat crap. I don't wish him dead. I hope he never decides to
'prove' his theory at a gathering (Hey, guys! WATCH THIS! {sights and
smells of smoke to follow})

He does seem to think that tasers and other high-voltage tools like them
are somehow directly tied back to the mains when they're plugged into
their NiCd or LiPo low-voltage battery chargers. OOOOooo! Better watch
out! That's REALLY low voltage, so it's got to be friggin' DEADLY!

Lloyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch fired this volley in
news

Ayuy...that should work well too..particularly if the copper is held
solidly by the varnish.

Id sharpen the chisel a bunch though..most tend to be quite blunt

Ummm.... this ain't 'magnet wire', guys. The connector tabs are 2" wide
by about 1/2" thick solid copper. In the water cooled units, some of the
secondary 'wire' is thickwalled copper tubing as much as 1" diameter for
the water cooling, and any that's not is probably square-section 'wire'
at least 5/8" on a side.

I'm guessing it would take a real man of an air chisel to work through
some of that stuff. Having done it before, that's why I suggested a saw.

Lloyd

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Monday, July 28, 2014 1:50:38 PM UTC-7, rangerssuck wrote:
On Monday, July 28, 2014 2:18:40 PM UTC-4, jon_banquer wrote:

On Monday, July 28, 2014 11:02:29 AM UTC-7, rangerssuck wrote:

On Sunday, July 27, 2014 8:06:17 PM UTC-4, jon_banquer wrote:

[..]

Cliques suck and they're for the weak.

Ahh, the Cobra-Kai Solid Modeling Dojo method. Sweep the leg!

Where did you say your mechanic got those brake parts from?

Still too much of a ****ing pussy to ask him?

I don't give a damn where he got the parts. If you'd read my question, you'd see that I asked about the customary markup. Why in the world you care about this is anyone's guess.

Of course you don't give a damn. If you found out where your mechanic got the brake parts, and if they were expensive OEM brake parts like I suspect they were, it makes you look a complete ****ing idiot.

There is a reason you're an anonymous posting pussy.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

Angle grinder with an abrasive metal cutting blade works quite
nicely.

A wide blade in an air chisel. Less copper dust that way. I've
scrapped some big transformers with a wide wood chisel and a hammer.

Ayuy...that should work well too..particularly if the copper is held
solidly by the varnish.

Id sharpen the chisel a bunch though..most tend to be quite blunt.

You could shave with my wood chisels, when I was doing that. They were
so polished you could see your reflection so that they slid through,
with little friction.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 7/28/2014 2:09 PM, wrote:
On Sunday, July 27, 2014 6:20:35 PM UTC-4, amdx wrote:
On 7/27/2014 3:50 PM,

... authority that says high voltage is safer than ...
Senile lloyd wants to know how high voltage is safer than low. Anyway, you apparently you never took the hospital electrician's

I think if you could just get a good understanding

of ohms law, you would see immediately were you are mistaken.

If I was mistaken, you'd point it out immediately. Something you aren't doing.

Lloyd asked a specific question that didn't involved numbers or any real
parameters, so I gave an answer that technically answered his question.

You know that. That's why you didn't immediately rush to state any supposed "mistake" that I may have made.

I looked back on the thread, looks like Lloyds specific question was,

"Still waiting for any cite from any authority that says high voltage
from line service is safer than lower voltage.

and your answer,

"Senile lloyd wants to know how high voltage is safer than low. Anyway,
you apparently you never took the hospital electrician's advice of
referring you to the NEC manual.

A taser is 50,000 volts. That's high. The amperage there isn't a factor.
A stun gun is 900,000 volts. That outta tell you right there that
voltage isn't what harms. It's low voltage with higher amps that is harmful.

First Lloyd specifically said in his post, "high voltage from line
service" Line service is very important to the safety question because
it is low impedance, and has no problem supplying the current that will
damage a heart.
If you change the question you can answer any way you want, but it
doesn't give you understanding.

When I got into this thread I was trying help you understand and prevent

others from getting incorrect information.

Don't you think you'd do good then by IMMEDIATELY telling us what's incorrect instead of windbagging it?

I responded when I saw the post.

I would hate to confuse you with terms that aren't in your NEC

manual, like output impedance and current limited or short pulses or the

fact that a stun gun has electrodes that are about 2 inches apart, so

the current has little chance to go to the heart.

What's worse is perhaps the terms you list above actually are addressed in an NEC edition, but by different terminology.

Why is that worse?

Here is a page that suggests stun guns are limited to 3 ma or 4 ma and
most are limited to 1 ma to 2 milliamps.

Amperage wasn't in Lloyd's question. That's just the problem with his question. You have to pay attention, amdx.

Amperage is implicit in his question, without current there is no safety
issue. Your lack of understanding of electricity makes it very difficult
to have any type of conversation.
If the voltage is not high enough it won't push enough current to damage
the heart.

Police tasers use darts which actually pierce the skin that reduce the

resistance of the circuit through the body so the voltage does not need

to be as high to deliver the same current as if it was on the outside of

the skin.

How do you reconcile the fact that a car battery can deliver 600 amps

but you can hold on to the terminals and survive?

I don't claim knowledge of auto electrical. I think Larry Jacques did, though. Go ask him.

I don't know why DCV lead terminals can melt while you're holding them.

It's not just DCV leads, it is also ACV leads. The melt because they
get hot from the friction of electrons through the wire. (a lot of
electrons)

Answer: It's because the voltage is low, and will not cause a current

large enough to cause harm. If you raise it to say 40 or 50 volts you

might be able to start to feel it tingle. If the voltage gets much

higher, you are going to want to get loose. The bottom line is the

current is dependent on the resistance between your skin and the

electrode you touch and the voltage.

Yes and there is never an absence of resistance.

In normal room temperature situations that is correct.
What is the idea you are making with that statement?

Trust me. In three years of electrical and 1 year of HVAC school, you
hear stuff like E=IR and P=IE

But "in my book" non-auto electricians don't normally mix with auto electricians.

I don't care who mixes with whom, we're just discussing high school
electricity and people in both of your categories use that.

These sentences might help.

The amount of current depends on the voltage and the resistance of the

circuit.

If the voltage is higher with a constant resistance more current will flow.

With a constant voltage, the current is dependent on the resistance,

with a lower resistance more current will flow, with a higher resistance

a lower current will flow.

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

Angle grinder with an abrasive metal cutting blade works quite
nicely.

A wide blade in an air chisel. Less copper dust that way. I've
scrapped some big transformers with a wide wood chisel and a hammer.

Ayuy...that should work well too..particularly if the copper is held
solidly by the varnish.

Id sharpen the chisel a bunch though..most tend to be quite blunt.

You could shave with my wood chisels, when I was doing that. They were
so polished you could see your reflection so that they slid through,
with little friction.

You want to cut transformer copper with wood chisels???????

--
"Living in the United States now is like being a Tampon.
We're in a great place, just at a bad time."
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 28 Jul 2014 16:12:28 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

Gunner Asch fired this volley in
news

Ayuy...that should work well too..particularly if the copper is held
solidly by the varnish.

Id sharpen the chisel a bunch though..most tend to be quite blunt

Ummm.... this ain't 'magnet wire', guys. The connector tabs are 2" wide
by about 1/2" thick solid copper. In the water cooled units, some of the
secondary 'wire' is thickwalled copper tubing as much as 1" diameter for
the water cooling, and any that's not is probably square-section 'wire'
at least 5/8" on a side.

I'm guessing it would take a real man of an air chisel to work through
some of that stuff. Having done it before, that's why I suggested a saw.

Yeah, just saw it on a tarp and collect the dust later. Or use a wide
air chisel, resharpening as needed.

--
Aim for success, not perfection. Never give up your right
to be wrong, because then you will lose the ability to

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 27 Jul 2014 13:39:51 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

Larry Jaques fired this volley in
:

ack Piles of clean copper and clean iron to recycle.

nack Piles of relatively clean iron, and piles of copper mixed with
volumes of mylar, paper, varnish, and wooden wedges.

Ig will know what issues they have before calling copper "clean".
Around here, it's "no steel and not much of anything else, varnish OK
but not insulation".

--
Aim for success, not perfection. Never give up your right
to be wrong, because then you will lose the ability to
learn new things and move forward with your life.
-- Dr. David M. Burns
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 27 Jul 2014 20:20:09 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

In case someone out there is naive enough to believe anything
morongulah posts,

Most of us have him -=plonked=- already. BIG HINT

--
Aim for success, not perfection. Never give up your right
to be wrong, because then you will lose the ability to
learn new things and move forward with your life.
-- Dr. David M. Burns
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

In case someone out there is naive enough to believe anything

morongulah posts,

Most of us have him -=plonked=- already. BIG HINT

--

Aim for success, not perfection. Never give up your right

to be wrong, because then you will lose the ability to

learn new things and move forward with your life.

-- Dr. David M. Burns

Larry Jackass doesn't seem to understand that real adults don't need a nanny to tell them what to do.

Most Mark Wieber clique of idiots members claim to have put me in their kill file but it's amazing how often they respond to what I have to say. :)

Larry Jackass continues to show why he's easily the dumbest and least talented member of Mark Wieber's clique of idiots.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

Angle grinder with an abrasive metal cutting blade works quite
nicely.

A wide blade in an air chisel. Less copper dust that way. I've
scrapped some big transformers with a wide wood chisel and a hammer.

Ayuy...that should work well too..particularly if the copper is held
solidly by the varnish.

Id sharpen the chisel a bunch though..most tend to be quite blunt.

You could shave with my wood chisels, when I was doing that. They were
so polished you could see your reflection so that they slid through,
with little friction.

You want to cut transformer copper with wood chisels???????

I have done it that way, when there was no other way. The copper is
soft, and the chisel had a razor edge. 1.5" wide, and an 8 pound hammer
made short work. Some of them were would with 4" wide copper bands,
similar to what is used at a transmitter site to ground everything.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

In case someone out there is naive enough to believe anything
morongulah posts,

Most of us have him -=plonked=- already. BIG HINT

--

I'm a fast reader with a good memory and I don't need artificial help
to remember who is a sociopathic hate agitator or just a dumb loser. I

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

rangerssuck wrote:
On Saturday, July 26, 2014 11:44:57 PM UTC-4, jon_banquer wrote:

iggy's not mechanical. iggy never will be mechanical. iggy will
never be any kind of decent machinist because he can't think and
reason. iggy thinks he's really clever asking others on Usenet to
think for him. He doesn't realize how much he hurts himself with
this mentality. What's worse are people that for years make every
excuse for this kind of behavior. It makes me sick.

Get a friggin' life.

He has a life , it consists of spewing hate on usenet from his mommy's
basement . Just ploink the SOB and spare the rest of us .
--
Snag

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 29 Jul 2014 06:25:19 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

In case someone out there is naive enough to believe anything
morongulah posts,

Most of us have him -=plonked=- already. BIG HINT

--

I'm a fast reader with a good memory and I don't need artificial help
to remember who is a sociopathic hate agitator or just a dumb loser. I
mostly ignore them unless their pernicious lies demand to be exposed
and refuted.

So you play right into these trolls' hands and cause all of us who
plonked him to suffer, too. Brilliant. Thanks a lot.

--
Aim for success, not perfection. Never give up your right
to be wrong, because then you will lose the ability to
learn new things and move forward with your life.
-- Dr. David M. Burns
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Monday, July 28, 2014 5:08:48 PM UTC-4, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:
[...]

Yikes. He'd probably be better with a Fish Paper hat. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fishpaper
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

rangerssuck fired this volley in
:

Yikes. He'd probably be better with a Fish Paper hat.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fishpaper

G Or "CAPtan" !!

Lloyd

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
[...]

Rolling paper, while he has it out to seek "enlightenment" in the
mysteries of electronics.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

. 3.70...
rangerssuck fired this volley in
:

He does seem to think that tasers and other high-voltage tools like
them
are somehow directly tied back to the mains when they're plugged
into
their NiCd or LiPo low-voltage battery chargers. OOOOooo! Better
watch
out! That's REALLY low voltage, so it's got to be friggin' DEADLY!

Lloyd

We know that electronics is all FM, so perhaps Maxwell demons from the
power line infest the batteries.

Better stick pins in them to be safe.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tuesday, July 29, 2014 12:43:18 PM UTC-4, Jim Wilkins wrote:

We know that electronics is all FM, so perhaps Maxwell demons from the
power line infest the batteries.

Better stick pins in them to be safe.

Once upon a time, I had a boss who insisted that if you put 1 million 1.5V cells in series and measured the voltage across (actually, he pronounced it 'acrosst' which made me want to punch his lights out every time he said it) any single cell, it would be something other than 1.5V.

And HE was MY boss.

P.S. I doubt he knew how much his mechanic paid for his wife's brake parts, either.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

rangerssuck fired this volley in
:

pon a time, I had a boss who insisted that if you put 1 million 1.5V
cells in series and measured the voltage across (actually, he
pronounced it 'acrosst'

Actually... That might work for a while with ZERO load. They made some
monstrous 'piles' in the 1800s to experiment with high voltages (not that
high, I'm sure).

You most certainly would get something other than 1.5V (if that's what
you meant to write).

But, if the voltmeter imposed almost any load, the mismatches in internal
resistance of the cells would quickly ensure that you got something
"other than 1.5 million volts acrosst 'em", as cells began to short out
under their mis-matched imposed voltage.

That's why we use resistor ladders cap-to-cap across series capacitors in
a high-voltage circuit. They're not just for the 'bleed' function. We
even called them "equalizer resistors".

(sorry, I just had to say "acrosst"! G)

LLoyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"rangerssuck" wrote in message
On Tuesday, July 29, 2014 12:43:18 PM UTC-4, Jim Wilkins wrote:

We know that electronics is all FM, so perhaps Maxwell demons from
the
power line infest the batteries.

Better stick pins in them to be safe.

Once upon a time, I had a boss who insisted that if you put 1 million
1.5V cells in series and measured the voltage across (actually, he
pronounced it 'acrosst' which made me want to punch his lights out
every time he said it) any single cell, it would be something other
than 1.5V.

And HE was MY boss.

P.S. I doubt he knew how much his mechanic paid for his wife's brake
parts, either.

===

I knew an electrician (from Chicago) who was absolutely certain that
Lead is the best conductor.

And a newly minted electrical engineer who assured me that the base of
an NPN transistor connected directly to a TTL gate would draw only a
few microAmps from a logic High, because that's what his model showed.
(the base-emitter junction is effectively a forward-biased diode)

Not long after he fried himself messing with the live 480V line.

-jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

. 3.70...
rangerssuck fired this volley in
:

pon a time, I had a boss who insisted that if you put 1 million
1.5V
cells in series and measured the voltage across (actually, he
pronounced it 'acrosst'

Actually... That might work for a while with ZERO load. They made
some
monstrous 'piles' in the 1800s to experiment with high voltages (not
that
high, I'm sure).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxford_Electric_Bell

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Jim Wilkins" fired this volley in news:lr8l9p$sn5
:

Not long after he fried himself messing with the live 480V line

No... you mean the 48V line, don't you? 480 can't hurt you!

Actually, you can ground-short a TTL output and (attempt to) drive it
high -- for a while. There's some resistance in the high-side of the
totem pole. It'll source something like 50mils. But it's sure not good
for it (that'd be something like 1/4W per output!). And certainly not
more than one gate at a time in any given package.

And it's also not good for the base-emitter junction of the typical small
switching transistor! I think max base junction current on a 2N2222 is
something like 50 mils, too.

Lloyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tuesday, July 29, 2014 5:31:02 AM UTC-7, Terry Coombs wrote:
rangerssuck wrote:

On Saturday, July 26, 2014 11:44:57 PM UTC-4, jon_banquer wrote:

iggy's not mechanical. iggy never will be mechanical. iggy will

never be any kind of decent machinist because he can't think and

reason. iggy thinks he's really clever asking others on Usenet to

think for him. He doesn't realize how much he hurts himself with

this mentality. What's worse are people that for years make every

excuse for this kind of behavior. It makes me sick.

Get a friggin' life.

He has a life , it consists of spewing hate on usenet from his mommy's

basement . Just ploink the SOB and spare the rest of us .

--

Snag

I expose losers like you for what they are.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tuesday, July 29, 2014 8:54:10 AM UTC-7, rangerssuck wrote:
[...]

You continue to ignore the question and try and dance around it. Once again here is the question that you refuse to answer:

Where did your mechanic get the brake parts for the job you had done on your wife's car?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

In case someone out there is naive enough to believe anything

morongulah posts,

Most of us have him -=plonked=- already. BIG HINT

--

I'm a fast reader with a good memory and I don't need artificial help

to remember who is a sociopathic hate agitator or just a dumb loser. I

mostly ignore them unless their pernicious lies demand to be exposed

and refuted.

So you play right into these trolls' hands and cause all of us who

plonked him to suffer, too. Brilliant. Thanks a lot.

--

Aim for success, not perfection. Never give up your right

to be wrong, because then you will lose the ability to

learn new things and move forward with your life.

-- Dr. David M. Burns

What part of adults don't need a nanny telling them what to do doesn't Larry Jackass understand?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tuesday, July 29, 2014 1:54:56 PM UTC-4, jon_banquer wrote:
[...]

John, if it's really that important for you to know, give Marc a call at
New Bridge Garage 69 New Bridge Rd Bergenfield NJ 07621 (201) 439-9901.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tuesday, July 29, 2014 10:01:58 AM UTC-7, rangerssuck wrote:
On Tuesday, July 29, 2014 12:43:18 PM UTC-4, Jim Wilkins wrote:

We know that electronics is all FM, so perhaps Maxwell demons from the

power line infest the batteries.

Better stick pins in them to be safe.

Once upon a time, I had a boss who insisted that if you put 1 million 1.5V cells in series and measured the voltage across (actually, he pronounced it 'acrosst' which made me want to punch his lights out every time he said it) any single cell, it would be something other than 1.5V.

And HE was MY boss.

P.S. I doubt he knew how much his mechanic paid for his wife's brake parts, either.

Anonymous posting pussies don't punch anyone out. They usually get kicked to the curb when they try and attack others who post using their real name. This is certainly true in your case.

Hope this helped.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tuesday, July 29, 2014 11:12:36 AM UTC-7, rangerssuck wrote:
[...]

That's your job, ****tard. You were very concerned you had been ripped off. I and others tried to help you but very similar to iggy you failed to provide the needed information. Without knowing what kind of brake parts were used it's impossible to determine if you were ripped off or not. You continue to refuse to provide the needed information and continue to run away from doing your ****ing job.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tuesday, July 29, 2014 1:19:36 PM UTC-4, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:
[...]

Since you said "accrosst," I now feel the need to punch YOUR lights out ;-)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tuesday, July 29, 2014 2:19:18 PM UTC-4, jon_banquer wrote:
[...]

No, I asked what the customary markup is. Period. Let it drop, slick.