Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RangersSuck RangersSuck is offline

Default Any easy way to delaminate a big transformer

On Monday, July 28, 2014 2:53:05 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Sunday, July 27, 2014 8:20:09 PM UTC-4, Jim Wilkins wrote:

wrote in message

... authority that says high voltage is safer than ...

Senile lloyd wants to know how high voltage is safer than low.

Anyway, you apparently you never took the hospital electrician's

advice of referring you to the NEC manual.

A taser is 50,000 volts. Thats high. The amperage there isn't a

factor. A stun gun is 900,000 volts. That outta tell you right there

that voltage isn't what harms. It's low voltage with higher amps

that is harmful.

Talk to a physicist or a doctor your own damn lazy self if you want

to know what of two voltages fits your satisfaction of what's safer.

In case someone out there is naive enough to believe anything

morongulah posts,

You never proved my response wrong. I gave Lloyd the exact answer to his question. Go back and read it. Slooowly like the kindergardener that you are, Jim.

those examples can be used around people because

they have an OUTPUT IMPEDANCE high enough to limit the current to

below the fatal level.

Right. Current below the fatal level associated with a higher voltage.

Lloyd didn't say he wanted authority on anything else, did he? He wanted proof that a higher voltage (within line service) was less dangerous than a lower voltage.

With tasers and stun-guns at charging stations, they are technically part of VAC circuitry supplied by line service to the property. And yes, with a path back.

The high voltage itself is NOT the reason,

Tough, Lloyd questioned about high voltage, not me. So tell him, not me. He asked about it. Not me.

if it were lightning strikes wouldn't kill.

Lightning strikes aren't a good example, because I never said that ALL high voltages are non-fatal. Sometimes it doesn't kill. You do know that people occasionally survive lightning strikes, don't you?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Output_impedance

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lightning_strike

Both sites are irrelevant, because Lloyd asked about a general non-numeric, non-specific example of high voltage in AC circuitry less dangerous than the lower voltages in that same circuitry.

(and I TECHNICALLY provided an example)

Unlike a power transformer they can't by design put out much current.

The HF yellow bug swatter for example charges the screen up to 700V

but the inverter in mine can deliver only 7 milliAmps continuously

into a short circuit such as an ammeter.

OK, I was just sitting here minding my own business and... Are you suggesting that a taser plugged into a 240VAC charging station is less dangerous than a taser plugged into a 120VAC charging station?

Please explain.