Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Any easy way to delaminate a big transformer

Gunner Asch wrote:

On Mon, 28 Jul 2014 06:02:29 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

Angle grinder with an abrasive metal cutting blade works quite
nicely.

A wide blade in an air chisel. Less copper dust that way. I've
scrapped some big transformers with a wide wood chisel and a hammer.

Ayuy...that should work well too..particularly if the copper is held
solidly by the varnish.

Id sharpen the chisel a bunch though..most tend to be quite blunt.

You could shave with my wood chisels, when I was doing that. They were
so polished you could see your reflection so that they slid through,
with little friction.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.