Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] mogulah@hotmail.com is offline

Default Any easy way to delaminate a big transformer

On Sunday, July 27, 2014 7:27:29 PM UTC-4, Terry Coombs wrote:
amdx wrote:

On 7/27/2014 3:50 PM, wrote:

wrote:

... authority that says high voltage is safer than ...

Senile lloyd wants to know how high voltage is safer than low.

Anyway, you apparently you never took the hospital electrician's

advice of referring you to the NEC manual.

A taser is 50,000 volts. Thats high. The amperage there isn't a

factor. A stun gun is 900,000 volts.

outta tell you right there that voltage isn't what harms. It's low

voltage with higher amps that is harmful.

Talk to a physicist or a doctor your own damn lazy self if you want

to know what of two voltages fits your satisfaction of what's safer.

I'm rather disappointed that I have not been able to educate you

about how this all works. I think if you could just get a good

understanding

of ohms law, you would see immediately were you are mistaken.

When I got into this thread I was trying help you understand and

prevent others from getting incorrect information.

I would hate to confuse you with terms that aren't in your NEC

manual, like output impedance and current limited or short pulses or

the fact that a stun gun has electrodes that are about 2 inches apart, so

the current has little chance to go to the heart.

Here is a page that suggests stun guns are limited to 3 ma or 4 ma and

most are limited to 1 ma to 2 milliamps.

Police tasers use darts which actually pierce the skin that reduce

the resistance of the circuit through the body so the voltage does not

need to be as high to deliver the same current as if it was on the outside

of the skin.

How do you reconcile the fact that a car battery can deliver 600 amps

but you can hold on to the terminals and survive?

Answer: It's because the voltage is low, and will not cause a current

large enough to cause harm. If you raise it to say 40 or 50 volts you

might be able to start to feel it tingle. If the voltage gets much

higher, you are going to want to get loose. The bottom line is the

current is dependent on the resistance between your skin and the

electrode you touch and the voltage.

These sentences might help.

The amount of current depends on the voltage and the resistance of the

circuit.

If the voltage is higher with a constant resistance more current will

flow. With a constant voltage, the current is dependent on the resistance,

with a lower resistance more current will flow, with a higher

resistance a lower current will flow.

Mikek

Yer ****in' upwind Mike , Jonboi because mogulah is jonbanqueer already

knows everything .

Terry, thanks for the invites to Arkansas, but I'm fine where I am. You remind me of my days in chat rooms back when Bill Clinton was prez. We leftists would argue with you rightwing types.

When some of you righties would get cornered, you all would actually try to accuse Bill Clinton, himself of actually being present in that very chat room at that very time of day actually being there stating his case.

It doesn't surprise me that you think everyone who disagrees with you is just all one person all combined together in your mind.

Funny, when you step back and look at yourself, isn't it.

And physics and the laws of nature be damned

I bet you were looking for an excuse mention that line.