Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Any easy way to delaminate a big transformer

"rangerssuck" wrote in message
On Tuesday, July 29, 2014 12:43:18 PM UTC-4, Jim Wilkins wrote:

We know that electronics is all FM, so perhaps Maxwell demons from
the
power line infest the batteries.

Better stick pins in them to be safe.

Once upon a time, I had a boss who insisted that if you put 1 million
1.5V cells in series and measured the voltage across (actually, he
pronounced it 'acrosst' which made me want to punch his lights out
every time he said it) any single cell, it would be something other
than 1.5V.

And HE was MY boss.

P.S. I doubt he knew how much his mechanic paid for his wife's brake
parts, either.

===

I knew an electrician (from Chicago) who was absolutely certain that
Lead is the best conductor.

And a newly minted electrical engineer who assured me that the base of
an NPN transistor connected directly to a TTL gate would draw only a
few microAmps from a logic High, because that's what his model showed.
(the base-emitter junction is effectively a forward-biased diode)

Not long after he fried himself messing with the live 480V line.

-jsw