Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RangersSuck RangersSuck is offline

Default Any easy way to delaminate a big transformer

On Monday, July 28, 2014 5:08:48 PM UTC-4, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:
rangerssuck fired this volley in

:

OK, I was just sitting here minding my own business and... Are you

suggesting that a taser plugged into a 240VAC charging station is less

dangerous than a taser plugged into a 120VAC charging station?

No, he wasn't. What he stated emphatically is that 277VAC LINE voltage

(that is, directly from incoming power company service) is less dangerous

than 120VAC line voltage. He also states that breakers should be voltage

actuated rather than current actuated. shrug... kinda defeats the

purpose, I think

And despite all urgings to the contrary, he still is spouting aluminum

foil-hat crap. I don't wish him dead. I hope he never decides to

'prove' his theory at a gathering (Hey, guys! WATCH THIS! {sights and

smells of smoke to follow})

He does seem to think that tasers and other high-voltage tools like them

are somehow directly tied back to the mains when they're plugged into

their NiCd or LiPo low-voltage battery chargers. OOOOooo! Better watch

out! That's REALLY low voltage, so it's got to be friggin' DEADLY!

Lloyd

Yikes. He'd probably be better with a Fish Paper hat. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fishpaper