TURTLE

Default Who makes the Best Chain Saw?

This is Turtle.

I have googled it and got more bull than a truck can haul off.

I want a Good Chain saw and have a piece of Junk Poland 14" one now. They have
Huskey and Stiel dealers around here. I need the one that will be forgiving for
abuse. I will listen to the sales pitches but I want to know about the brand
names before picking out the model The salesmen will know the brands , money,
and sizes. I'm looking for the differences like a Pinto or a Roll Royce.
Duriability is what I'm after.

TURTLE

J. Chris Tilton

I can only speak from personal experience, but I have a (sp) Husqvarna. I
supplement my heat with 2 wood burners and go thru several cords of wood per
year and it has served me well. Nothing major other than normal wear and
tear.

I have heard good things about Stiehl, but have never owned one.

"TURTLE" wrote in message
This is Turtle.

I have googled it and got more bull than a truck can haul off.

I want a Good Chain saw and have a piece of Junk Poland 14" one now. They
have Huskey and Stiel dealers around here. I need the one that will be
forgiving for abuse. I will listen to the sales pitches but I want to know
about the brand names before picking out the model The salesmen will know
the brands , money, and sizes. I'm looking for the differences like a
Pinto or a Roll Royce. Duriability is what I'm after.

TURTLE

dadiOH

TURTLE wrote:
This is Turtle.

I have googled it and got more bull than a truck can haul off.

I want a Good Chain saw and have a piece of Junk Poland 14" one
now. They have Huskey and Stiel dealers around here. I need the one
that will be forgiving for abuse. I will listen to the sales
pitches but I want to know about the brand names before picking out
the model The salesmen will know the brands , money, and sizes. I'm
looking for the differences like a Pinto or a Roll Royce.
Duriability is what I'm after.

Stihl and Echo are both good brands. However - like other manufacturers -
they make models intended for different uses...homeowner, professional
logger, etc. Get top of the line and you should be well fixed.

--
dadiOH
_____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.0...
____________________________

zxcvbob

TURTLE wrote:
This is Turtle.

I have googled it and got more bull than a truck can haul off.

I want a Good Chain saw and have a piece of Junk Poland 14" one now. They have
Huskey and Stiel dealers around here. I need the one that will be forgiving for
abuse. I will listen to the sales pitches but I want to know about the brand
names before picking out the model The salesmen will know the brands , money,
and sizes. I'm looking for the differences like a Pinto or a Roll Royce.
Duriability is what I'm after.

TURTLE

Echo. I have a CS-660EVL (big saw) and a CS-3000 (trim saw) and they
work great. My dad has a CS-650 that's about 25 years old and he uses
it a lot more than I use mine. All three saws are going strong. The
650 and 660 are kind of heavy; newer models the same size are probably 2
or 3 pounds lighter.

Bob
Edwin Pawlowski

"TURTLE" wrote in message
This is Turtle.

I have googled it and got more bull than a truck can haul off.

I want a Good Chain saw and have a piece of Junk Poland 14" one now. They
have Huskey and Stiel dealers around here. I need the one that will be
forgiving for abuse.

I bought a Stihl. Why? The dealer sells both Stihl and Husk. According to
the dealer, they both cut very well but he tends to see more Huskys coming
in for service. Not a lot more, a few more.

Greg O

"TURTLE" wrote in message
This is Turtle.

I have googled it and got more bull than a truck can haul off.

I want a Good Chain saw and have a piece of Junk Poland 14" one now. They

have
Huskey and Stiel dealers around here. I need the one that will be

forgiving for
abuse. I will listen to the sales pitches but I want to know about the

brand
names before picking out the model The salesmen will know the brands ,

money,
and sizes. I'm looking for the differences like a Pinto or a Roll Royce.
Duriability is what I'm after.

TURTLE

Buy one from a reputable dealer! It is not the brand, but the installation!
;-)
I had a small engine shop for a few years. If I were to buy a new saw, it
would be a Stihl.
Greg

TURTLE

"Greg O" wrote in message

"TURTLE" wrote in message
[...]

The reason I posted here is there is a 36" Pin Oak tree across my drive way
after a little wind storm come by. My wife called me and said there is a tree
across my drive way and I thought I would just pull out my hand Polock 14" saw
and cut it and move it out of the way. Hey that Poland 1 C.C. is not made for
adult trees. I cut the limbs out of the way to drive around it but that mickey
mouse poland saw had hell cutting the limbs and I did not even try it out on the
36" butt or trunk. I figured it up and i can get about $400.00 worth of fire
wood to pay for up to a $400.00 saw. I have a fellow who will come get the tree
for nothing but he gets the wood or sell it back to me at $40.00 a Rick or
$80.00 a Cord.

Tomorrow i will be checking out the saws and found a [ Stihl and Huskey ] Dealer
near here and will be talking to him. I called my brother in law up and he use
to work in the logging business and he said Stihl , but Huskey will do for part
time use. I can't find any other type dealers around here but Polock and I don't
need Mickey Mouse equipment.

I haven't talk to anybody yet but i went to Stihl website and it seems a model
MS-250-C or a MS-260 might do but maybe a MS-310 or MS-390 . Do I need to get
bigger or is these in the Tuff Boy Stuff ? I was told the bigger horse power
saws will not over heat in Git-R-Done Work.

What do yaw'll think ?

TURTLE

zxcvbob

TURTLE wrote:

"Greg O" wrote in message

"TURTLE" wrote in message

[...]

I think you gotta be careful when buying Stihl to make sure you get a
commercial saw and not a Handyman Special. The commercial saw will cost
twice as much as another model Stihl that has similar specifications.

I just looked at the Stihl web site, and the MS390 or MS361 look pretty
good. I wouldn't buy anything from the "Homeowner" list.

Git R Done,
Bob
PrecisionMachinisT

"TURTLE" wrote in message

"Greg O" wrote in message

"TURTLE" wrote in message
[...]

Most the loggers around here use Stihl, you should be able to pick up a good
older saw at a pawn shop or someplace like that--we actually have "saw
shops" around here........

If your actually gonna work it and cut big stuff, get the most powerful saw
you can afford within reason.......but I suggest you should still keep the
little saw for the smaller stuff anyways.

As far as blade length, this somewhat depends on how tall you are--best is
short enough so the blade dont touch the ground when your hands are pulled
up even with your waist, else you will work yourself to death just packing
it around.

If the bar is in good condition and the chain is properly ground, you can
easily cut in 1/2 a tree thats almost twice as big around as the bar length
if you use the proper technique.

--

SVL

willshak

TURTLE wrote:

This is Turtle.

I have googled it and got more bull than a truck can haul off.

I want a Good Chain saw and have a piece of Junk Poland 14" one now. They have
Huskey and Stiel dealers around here. I need the one that will be forgiving for
abuse. I will listen to the sales pitches but I want to know about the brand
names before picking out the model The salesmen will know the brands , money,
and sizes. I'm looking for the differences like a Pinto or a Roll Royce.
Duriability is what I'm after.

TURTLE

I have had a couple of large trees cut down, or fallen trees cut up, by
professionals in the last 5 or so years. These trees were 40-50 footers
with trunk diameters of 3+ feet. These guys were not part-time handyman
tree cutters. They came with all the safety gear, chaps, and climbing
equipment, including large chippers trailed behind dump trucks to haul
away the chips. They all had Husqvarna chain saws of various sizes. I
have a Poulan 18" chain saw for the small jobs where professionals are
not needed, like the trees with less than 1' diameters. It works fine as
long as I can keep the chain sharp.

Brikp

I think you are on the right track with Husqvarna or Stihl. I will share my
experiences.

I own a husqvqarna model 55, bought in 1997. It has seen moderate use, most
recently a weeks worth of hurricane cleanup in Pensacola, FL. It has NEVER
failed to start (except when it was out of gas). It cuts very well when the
blade is sharp. (Learn how to sharpen the blade)

I have never used a Stihl, I had the please of working along side of a chain
gang. One of the members of this elite squad of hurricane cleanup guys was a
former logger. They put him in charge of the saw. He was using a really nice
Stihl. Probably a 30" bar length. He stopped to sharpen every hour or so.

One interesting difference between husky and Stihl. the husky uses a 5/32"
file to sharpen and the Stihl uses a 3/16" file to sharpen. I do not know if
this applies to all models of Stihl and Husky but I thought it was
interesting. Does anyone know if the Stihl has a larger kerf? Will it cut
more aggressively, given the same engine specs?

"TURTLE" wrote in message

"Greg O" wrote in message

"TURTLE" wrote in message
[...]

Harry K

"TURTLE" wrote in message ...
"Greg O" wrote in message

"TURTLE" wrote in message
[...]

Either Stihl or Husky or other brands that make professional saws.
While I agree mostly with the other posters, there is nothing wrong
with the 'homeowner' saws in either brand. About the biggest you will
get for $400 is a Stihl MS310. I don't know about the Huskies but it
will be a saw of about that size. Also for $400 you are going to have
to buy 'homeowner' types to get a saw big enough. As for the 310 -
get a 20" bar, don't let them try to put a 24" bar on it.

Unless you have a future use for a saw this big, let your buddy cut it
for free.

Harry K

Harry K
dadiOH

TURTLE wrote:

I haven't talk to anybody yet but i went to Stihl website and it
seems a model MS-250-C or a MS-260 might do but maybe a MS-310 or
MS-390 . Do I need to get bigger or is these in the Tuff Boy Stuff
? I was told the bigger horse power saws will not over heat in Git-
R-Done Work.

What do yaw'll think ?

I think it depends upon how much you will use the saw *after* doing your one
36" tree. Any you list would cut it up just fine.

In my case, I don't have a whole lot of use for a saw normally. This year
we had three hurricanes and a lot of wood down. I needed a small, limbing
saw and bought a Stihl MS 180C. It is fine up tp 15" or so and so far I
have cut up enough wood to make a pile 250' X 8' X 6'. I've had to adjust
the chain only 3-4 times and doing so is duck soup...it is done with no bar
tool.

I still have three whole oaks to do. They are only about 24-30" but too big
for the Stihl. Fortunately, I have a bigger saw too (in the shop).

In short, I am real pleased with my little Stihl.

--
dadiOH
_____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.0...
____________________________

davefr

Stihl's MS260 is one one the best saws they ever made. However it's a
little wimpy for 36" oak. You might want to look at MS440 or MS360
unless this size tree is a one time job. (it'll do it, just not as
optimal as a larger saw)

Avoid the Stihl homeowners saws (odd numbers). They're overpriced and
not that great.

You can also go to Ebay and look for a used Stihl 038. It and it's
younger brother 028 are wonderful saws and virtually bulletproof.

Go to www.arboristsite.com for all your chainsaw reading.

"TURTLE" wrote in message ...
"Greg O" wrote in message

"TURTLE" wrote in message
[...]

zxcvbob

Harry K wrote:

Either Stihl or Husky or other brands that make professional saws.
While I agree mostly with the other posters, there is nothing wrong
with the 'homeowner' saws in either brand.

My dad bought a Stihl 009 and wore it out in a couple of months of
moderate-to-light use. Stihl replaced it with a new one, and it broke
after just a couple of hours of use. So he went back to using his 20 or
25 y.o. Echo saw that's really too heavy (weighs almost 20 pounds
including the bar) for normal use.

If the 009's are representative of Stihl homeowner saws, they are crap
based on a 2 out of 2 sampling.

I've heard nothing but goodness about Stihl commercial-duty saws. All
the tree cutters and the utility companies around here use Stihl (I
don't know what model) for everything except trimming and they all use
Echo CS-3000's for trim saws.

Bob
Steve B.

On Mon, 4 Oct 2004 20:43:19 -0500, "TURTLE"
wrote:

This is Turtle.

I have googled it and got more bull than a truck can haul off.

I want a Good Chain saw and have a piece of Junk Poland 14" one now. They have
Huskey and Stiel dealers around here. I need the one that will be forgiving for
abuse. I will listen to the sales pitches but I want to know about the brand
names before picking out the model The salesmen will know the brands , money,
and sizes. I'm looking for the differences like a Pinto or a Roll Royce.
Duriability is what I'm after.

TURTLE

Its all junk and only as good as the service person you pick so find
the best dealer in your area and buy what they reccomend. :-)

We have a Stihl that my dad bought 20 years ago and it has held up
very well over all these years. I don't know if they still make it
like they used to with everyone selling out to the megacorps though.

Steve B.

TURTLE

wrote:

[...]

Well I read all the reply this evening and went to the Stihl / Huskey Dealer
place and sized up what I needed. I ask him about durability / Power / Bring
this Damn thing back broken or burnt up / Bar size verses horse power / and
Huskey or Stihl ? Here is what he said and put with what I read here to get the
one I wanted.

He said :

1) He seemed to see very few MS-310 -- 4.0 H.P. come back for any repairs at
all but seen a larger number of MS-361 or C -- 4.3 H.P. or MS-390 -- 4.3 H.P. or
bigger and then up to the MS-660 at 7 H.P. or bigger before he starts to see no
trouble.

2) He said if he was cutting trees for a living he would go ahead get the
MS-390 because of the .3 H.P. more but if you was cutting about a tree a month
stick with the MS-310 for you don't need the speedy cut to make a living and he
just does not see many of them come back for repairs at all.

3) He said he seems to think that when you break the 4.0 H.P. level on the
engines it may put a strain on the engines or something like that. He then said
if you break the 4 H.P. level you have to go to the MS-660 -- 7 H.P. level to
not see them come back for repairs. He said this 4 to 7 H.P. engines seem to
have all the trouble with very little below 4 h.p. and 7 h.p. and up. He also
added the Huskey had the same problem that he seen the same thing as trouble
verses the 4 h.p. to 7 h.p. engines. Outside this range he sees very little
repair troubles.

4) He did not recommend any Bar lengths over the 18" on the MS-310 or the
MS-390 because of loads to the engine and cutting ability. The 18'' bar was all
the teeth per wood surface you would want as to not lug the engine down. The
20"+ bars started to load up the engines and cause the engine to lug down when
loaded up cutting. The Bar length does play a part in the longivity of the
engine and having trouble or engine malfuctions.

5) He said the 18" Bar would not jam in the 36" tree [ end cutting but 20"
would ] and I could cut both sides and what was left in the middle would snap
off. It did just what he said. To get the longer bar i would need the MS-660 and
could cut up to with a 36" bar and still have the horse power to not jam.

6) The worst thing to do to a saw is to just use it every once in a while and
put it up for long periods of time and if i could , use it as much as possible.
The oil from the gas will keep the bearing and parts oiled up and setting it up
let the oil drain off of the cracks and holes where you need the oil to be
worked down into. Running it keeps the oil worked down into the place where you
really need it.

After sizing up everything that was said here and there. I ended up with a
MS-310 with a 18" Bar and come home and started butchering that tree. It took
about two hours and 5 tanks of gas and oil and it Got-R-Done. I think i got the
right size of saw for cutting something like this but time will tell for
duriability. I wished I could look out 2 or 3 years from now and see about this
saw, but i will have to wait and see.

I would like to say thank you to all the hands that spoke here and helped out on
this project. Thank You Thank You Thank You.

TURTLE

PrecisionMachinisT

"TURTLE" wrote in message

snip

After sizing up everything that was said here and there. I ended up with a
MS-310 with a 18" Bar and come home and started butchering that tree. It

took
about two hours and 5 tanks of gas and oil and it Got-R-Done. I think i

got the
right size of saw for cutting something like this but time will tell for
duriability. I wished I could look out 2 or 3 years from now and see about

this
saw, but i will have to wait and see.

I would like to say thank you to all the hands that spoke here and helped

out on
this project. Thank You Thank You Thank You.

Slacker!!!

You mean you aint got it all split and stacked yet ???

--

SVL

dadiOH

PrecisionMachinisT wrote:
"TURTLE" wrote in message

snip

After sizing up everything that was said here and there. I ended
up with a MS-310 with a 18" Bar and come home and started
butchering that tree. It took about two hours and 5 tanks of gas
and oil and it Got-R-Done. I think i got the right size of saw for
cutting something like this but time will tell for duriability. I
wished I could look out 2 or 3 years from now and see about this
saw, but i will have to wait and see.

I would like to say thank you to all the hands that spoke here and
helped out on this project. Thank You Thank You Thank You.

Slacker!!!

You mean you aint got it all split and stacked yet ???

SVL

Split? When you can buy rip chains?

--
dadiOH
_____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.0...
____________________________

TURTLE

"PrecisionMachinisT" wrote in message

"TURTLE" wrote in message

snip

After sizing up everything that was said here and there. I ended up with a
MS-310 with a 18" Bar and come home and started butchering that tree. It

took
about two hours and 5 tanks of gas and oil and it Got-R-Done. I think i

got the
right size of saw for cutting something like this but time will tell for
duriability. I wished I could look out 2 or 3 years from now and see about

this
saw, but i will have to wait and see.

I would like to say thank you to all the hands that spoke here and helped

out on
this project. Thank You Thank You Thank You.

Slacker!!!

You mean you aint got it all split and stacked yet ???

--

SVL

This is Turtle.

Hey After 2 or 3 hours with chain saw in your hand & everything you got is
verberbrating and I do mean Verberbrating. I picked up a Splitter Ax and looked
like a Al'key getting his first Beer in the morning. I got up during the nite
and went to looking for the cord to unplug the vibrating bed that i thought I
was in. And then you say start splitting that wood !

The Verberbrating TURTLE

TURTLE

"dadiOH" wrote in message
PrecisionMachinisT wrote:
"TURTLE" wrote in message

snip

After sizing up everything that was said here and there. I ended
up with a MS-310 with a 18" Bar and come home and started
butchering that tree. It took about two hours and 5 tanks of gas
and oil and it Got-R-Done. I think i got the right size of saw for
cutting something like this but time will tell for duriability. I
wished I could look out 2 or 3 years from now and see about this
saw, but i will have to wait and see.

I would like to say thank you to all the hands that spoke here and
helped out on this project. Thank You Thank You Thank You.

Slacker!!!

You mean you aint got it all split and stacked yet ???

SVL

Split? When you can buy rip chains?

--
dadiOH

This is Turtle.

Hey tell me about this Rip Chain thing ! Do you use it to split the wood ?

TURTLE

TURTLE

"Oscar_Lives" wrote in message
Stihl or Jonsered.

Expensive to buy and repair. Best saws made.

This is urtle.

The Stihl name kept coming up and I really don't have a ideal of what is too
expencive.

I got this for $396.90 & charged it on my Dicover card and got 1% discount Total
price :

MS-310 Saw with new type chain brake
18" Bar
Gal. of chain oil
6 bottles of Stihl mixing oil for a gal of gas
Chain sharping file with guide to keep it straight
1- Extra chain for the MS-310
1 - extra chain for my Poland 14" saw
Cranked it up and set oil feed to chain on high amount of oil to the chain
8% Sales Tax added in

I'm not good at pricing things like this but it seemed pretty fair to me.

TURTLE

dadiOH

TURTLE wrote:
You mean you aint got it all split and stacked yet ???

SVL

Split? When you can buy rip chains?

--
dadiOH

This is Turtle.

Hey tell me about this Rip Chain thing ! Do you use it to split the
wood ?

TURTLE

Well, that is why I bought one some years ago. However, I have so *much*
available wood that I burn the bigger stuff as trash; consequently, I never
used it. Should work OK though...teeth are square just like any other rip
blade.

Be much easier to split than saw though...with a hydraulic splitter.. No
way would I do it with a sledge and wedge!

--
dadiOH
_____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.0...
____________________________

LARRY THE CABLE GUY

wrote:

This is Turtle.

I have googled it and got more bull than a truck can haul off.

I want a Good Chain saw and have a piece of Junk Poland 14" one now. They have
Huskey and Stiel dealers around here. I need the one that will be forgiving for
abuse. I will listen to the sales pitches but I want to know about the brand
names before picking out the model The salesmen will know the brands , money,
and sizes. I'm looking for the differences like a Pinto or a Roll Royce.
Duriability is what I'm after.

TURTLE

I say Stihl hands down
smithfarms pure kona

wrote:

This is Turtle.

I have googled it and got more bull than a truck can haul off.

I want a Good Chain saw and have a piece of Junk Poland 14" one now.

They have
Huskey and Stiel dealers around here. I need the one that will be

forgiving for
abuse. I will listen to the sales pitches but I want to know about

the brand
names before picking out the model The salesmen will know the brands

, money,
and sizes. I'm looking for the differences like a Pinto or a Roll

Royce.
Duriability is what I'm after.

TURTLE

I say Stihl hands down

Echo. We use one as part of our farming and it is superb.
aloha,
Thunder
smithfarms.com
Farmers of 100% Kona Coffee
& other Great Stuff
Edwin Pawlowski

"TURTLE" wrote in message

I would like to say thank you to all the hands that spoke here and helped
out on this project. Thank You Thank You Thank You.

TURTLE

I think you have a winner. Not only do you have a good saw, but it seems as
though you have a good dealer.
Ed

Chris Lewis

According to TURTLE :

Hey tell me about this Rip Chain thing ! Do you use it to split the wood ?

A rip chain is a special chain used for cutting logs lengthwise. Fewer teeth
and ground somewhat differently. It's almost exclusively used by people
with portable chain saw mills slabbing off lumber. These are little more
than a chain saw plus a bar guide.

Ie: http://www.toolcenter.com/sawmill/mill_at_work.html
http://www.toolcenter.com/sawmill/mill_at_work2.html

I don't think too many people split firewood with a rip chain. Way too slow.
A rental hydraulic splitter is MUCH faster.
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est
TURTLE

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
m...

"TURTLE" wrote in message

I would like to say thank you to all the hands that spoke here and helped out
on this project. Thank You Thank You Thank You.

TURTLE

I think you have a winner. Not only do you have a good saw, but it seems as
though you have a good dealer.
Ed

This is Turtle.

I might have for i got to talking to some Flate Heads [ tree cutters on logging
crews ] about them and they use them to keep up with the saws they use. They use
the MS-310 for about 150 to 200 hours of operation and then have him rebuild the
engines one time for about another 150 hours of run time and then throw it in
the trash can and buy a new one. they can work off a 150 to 200 hours of run
time for about 6 to 9 months of cutting logs for they only cut the limbs off the
trees and then cut the logs in 20 / 40 / 60 foot lengths. The cutting of the
trees is done by a Shear on a skidder that holds the tree and cuts it off and
lays it down where they want it for the Flate Heads to get to it. The Shear can
cut a 30" Pine tree and hold it and drive a 100 yards in the woods to get to a
clearing to ,and I say , LAY IT DOWN WHERE THEY WANT IT. They can't drive around
with pine trees bigger than 30" in diameter. The Shear will cut it and then
throw it where they want it to fall.

These Flate heads said they use the MS-310 as a throwaway saw for price is 1/3
of a good saw and they both do the same job. The MS-310 will work about 12 to 16
months for about $350.00 and a MS-660 will run about 12 to 16 months [ no
rebuilding of engine ] for a little less than a $1,000.00. The MS-660 usely will
throw a rod or really burn up but the MS-310 will just loose compression and
power. They also said if a saw is going to be not used for a week or more to run
the gas out of it and fill it up the chain oiler , with oil.

The Flate Heads told me that I should expect about 150 hours of run time out of
the MS-310 before you have to do any work on it. I told them I will be dead and
gone before I see a 150 hours of run time on my saw.

Where is all the Flate Heads when you need them ? I spend a day and a half
calling all the flate heads I knew and could not find one and after i buy a saw
they come out of the woodworks.

OK Defination time ; Flate Head --- A tree cutter that has been in the business
a good while and has been hit in the head with trees and limb so much that he
has a Flate Head. He usely is Dumb , Strong, and has a Flate Head.

TURTLE

Joe Fabeitz

All my friends here in San Antonio (where I am currently a guest) have
discussed this and recommend the Mcculloch brand, in particular the
"Freddy's Special" model......;-)

wrote:

This is Turtle.

I have googled it and got more bull than a truck can haul off.

I want a Good Chain saw and have a piece of Junk Poland 14" one now. They

have
Huskey and Stiel dealers around here. I need the one that will be

forgiving for
abuse. I will listen to the sales pitches but I want to know about the

brand
names before picking out the model The salesmen will know the brands ,

money,
and sizes. I'm looking for the differences like a Pinto or a Roll Royce.
Duriability is what I'm after.

TURTLE

I say Stihl hands down

PrecisionMachinisT

"TURTLE" wrote in message

"PrecisionMachinisT" wrote in message

Slacker!!!

You mean you aint got it all split and stacked yet ???

This is Turtle.

Hey After 2 or 3 hours with chain saw in your hand & everything you got is
verberbrating and I do mean Verberbrating. I picked up a Splitter Ax and

looked
like a Al'key getting his first Beer in the morning. I got up during the

nite
and went to looking for the cord to unplug the vibrating bed that i

thought I
was in. And then you say start splitting that wood !

The Verberbrating TURTLE

Better get it split while its still green, cause oak just gets tougher as it
cures.....

Splitting wood with a wedge and maul is a young mans sport--recommend rent,
beg borrow or steal a hydraulic splitter.....these really do make for quick
work in splitting up of the bigger chunks.

--

SVL