zxcvbob

Harry K wrote:

Either Stihl or Husky or other brands that make professional saws.
While I agree mostly with the other posters, there is nothing wrong
with the 'homeowner' saws in either brand.

My dad bought a Stihl 009 and wore it out in a couple of months of
moderate-to-light use. Stihl replaced it with a new one, and it broke
after just a couple of hours of use. So he went back to using his 20 or
25 y.o. Echo saw that's really too heavy (weighs almost 20 pounds
including the bar) for normal use.

If the 009's are representative of Stihl homeowner saws, they are crap
based on a 2 out of 2 sampling.

I've heard nothing but goodness about Stihl commercial-duty saws. All
the tree cutters and the utility companies around here use Stihl (I
don't know what model) for everything except trimming and they all use
Echo CS-3000's for trim saws.

Bob