dadiOH

TURTLE wrote:

I haven't talk to anybody yet but i went to Stihl website and it
seems a model MS-250-C or a MS-260 might do but maybe a MS-310 or
MS-390 . Do I need to get bigger or is these in the Tuff Boy Stuff
? I was told the bigger horse power saws will not over heat in Git-
R-Done Work.

What do yaw'll think ?

I think it depends upon how much you will use the saw *after* doing your one
36" tree. Any you list would cut it up just fine.

In my case, I don't have a whole lot of use for a saw normally. This year
we had three hurricanes and a lot of wood down. I needed a small, limbing
saw and bought a Stihl MS 180C. It is fine up tp 15" or so and so far I
have cut up enough wood to make a pile 250' X 8' X 6'. I've had to adjust
the chain only 3-4 times and doing so is duck soup...it is done with no bar
tool.

I still have three whole oaks to do. They are only about 24-30" but too big
for the Stihl. Fortunately, I have a bigger saw too (in the shop).

In short, I am real pleased with my little Stihl.

--
dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.0...