willshak

TURTLE wrote:

This is Turtle.

I have googled it and got more bull than a truck can haul off.

I want a Good Chain saw and have a piece of Junk Poland 14" one now. They have
Huskey and Stiel dealers around here. I need the one that will be forgiving for
abuse. I will listen to the sales pitches but I want to know about the brand
names before picking out the model The salesmen will know the brands , money,
and sizes. I'm looking for the differences like a Pinto or a Roll Royce.
Duriability is what I'm after.

TURTLE

I have had a couple of large trees cut down, or fallen trees cut up, by
professionals in the last 5 or so years. These trees were 40-50 footers
with trunk diameters of 3+ feet. These guys were not part-time handyman
tree cutters. They came with all the safety gear, chaps, and climbing
equipment, including large chippers trailed behind dump trucks to haul
away the chips. They all had Husqvarna chain saws of various sizes. I
have a Poulan 18" chain saw for the small jobs where professionals are
not needed, like the trees with less than 1' diameters. It works fine as
long as I can keep the chain sharp.