TURTLE

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
m...

"TURTLE" wrote in message

I would like to say thank you to all the hands that spoke here and helped out
on this project. Thank You Thank You Thank You.

TURTLE

I think you have a winner. Not only do you have a good saw, but it seems as
though you have a good dealer.
Ed

This is Turtle.

I might have for i got to talking to some Flate Heads [ tree cutters on logging
crews ] about them and they use them to keep up with the saws they use. They use
the MS-310 for about 150 to 200 hours of operation and then have him rebuild the
engines one time for about another 150 hours of run time and then throw it in
the trash can and buy a new one. they can work off a 150 to 200 hours of run
time for about 6 to 9 months of cutting logs for they only cut the limbs off the
trees and then cut the logs in 20 / 40 / 60 foot lengths. The cutting of the
trees is done by a Shear on a skidder that holds the tree and cuts it off and
lays it down where they want it for the Flate Heads to get to it. The Shear can
cut a 30" Pine tree and hold it and drive a 100 yards in the woods to get to a
clearing to ,and I say , LAY IT DOWN WHERE THEY WANT IT. They can't drive around
with pine trees bigger than 30" in diameter. The Shear will cut it and then
throw it where they want it to fall.

These Flate heads said they use the MS-310 as a throwaway saw for price is 1/3
of a good saw and they both do the same job. The MS-310 will work about 12 to 16
months for about $350.00 and a MS-660 will run about 12 to 16 months [ no
rebuilding of engine ] for a little less than a $1,000.00. The MS-660 usely will
throw a rod or really burn up but the MS-310 will just loose compression and
power. They also said if a saw is going to be not used for a week or more to run
the gas out of it and fill it up the chain oiler , with oil.

The Flate Heads told me that I should expect about 150 hours of run time out of
the MS-310 before you have to do any work on it. I told them I will be dead and
gone before I see a 150 hours of run time on my saw.

Where is all the Flate Heads when you need them ? I spend a day and a half
calling all the flate heads I knew and could not find one and after i buy a saw
they come out of the woodworks.

OK Defination time ; Flate Head --- A tree cutter that has been in the business
a good while and has been hit in the head with trees and limb so much that he
has a Flate Head. He usely is Dumb , Strong, and has a Flate Head.

TURTLE