Brikp

I think you are on the right track with Husqvarna or Stihl. I will share my
experiences.

I own a husqvqarna model 55, bought in 1997. It has seen moderate use, most
recently a weeks worth of hurricane cleanup in Pensacola, FL. It has NEVER
failed to start (except when it was out of gas). It cuts very well when the
blade is sharp. (Learn how to sharpen the blade)

I have never used a Stihl, I had the please of working along side of a chain
gang. One of the members of this elite squad of hurricane cleanup guys was a
former logger. They put him in charge of the saw. He was using a really nice
Stihl. Probably a 30" bar length. He stopped to sharpen every hour or so.

One interesting difference between husky and Stihl. the husky uses a 5/32"
file to sharpen and the Stihl uses a 3/16" file to sharpen. I do not know if
this applies to all models of Stihl and Husky but I thought it was
interesting. Does anyone know if the Stihl has a larger kerf? Will it cut
more aggressively, given the same engine specs?

"TURTLE" wrote in message

"Greg O" wrote in message

"TURTLE" wrote in message
This is Turtle.

I have googled it and got more bull than a truck can haul off.

I want a Good Chain saw and have a piece of Junk Poland 14" one now.

They
have
Huskey and Stiel dealers around here. I need the one that will be

forgiving for
abuse. I will listen to the sales pitches but I want to know about the

brand
names before picking out the model The salesmen will know the brands ,

money,
and sizes. I'm looking for the differences like a Pinto or a Roll

Royce.
Duriability is what I'm after.

TURTLE

Buy one from a reputable dealer! It is not the brand, but the

installation!
;-)
I had a small engine shop for a few years. If I were to buy a new saw,

it
would be a Stihl.
Greg

This is Turtle.

The reason I posted here is there is a 36" Pin Oak tree across my drive

way
after a little wind storm come by. My wife called me and said there is a

tree
across my drive way and I thought I would just pull out my hand Polock 14"

saw
and cut it and move it out of the way. Hey that Poland 1 C.C. is not made

for
adult trees. I cut the limbs out of the way to drive around it but that

mickey
mouse poland saw had hell cutting the limbs and I did not even try it out

on the
36" butt or trunk. I figured it up and i can get about $400.00 worth of

fire
wood to pay for up to a $400.00 saw. I have a fellow who will come get the

tree
for nothing but he gets the wood or sell it back to me at $40.00 a Rick or
$80.00 a Cord.

Tomorrow i will be checking out the saws and found a [ Stihl and Huskey ]

Dealer
near here and will be talking to him. I called my brother in law up and he

use
to work in the logging business and he said Stihl , but Huskey will do for

part
time use. I can't find any other type dealers around here but Polock and I

don't
need Mickey Mouse equipment.

I haven't talk to anybody yet but i went to Stihl website and it seems a

model
MS-250-C or a MS-260 might do but maybe a MS-310 or MS-390 . Do I need to

get
bigger or is these in the Tuff Boy Stuff ? I was told the bigger horse

power
saws will not over heat in Git-R-Done Work.

What do yaw'll think ?

TURTLE