TURTLE

"Greg O" wrote in message

"TURTLE" wrote in message
This is Turtle.

I have googled it and got more bull than a truck can haul off.

I want a Good Chain saw and have a piece of Junk Poland 14" one now. They

have
Huskey and Stiel dealers around here. I need the one that will be

forgiving for
abuse. I will listen to the sales pitches but I want to know about the

brand
names before picking out the model The salesmen will know the brands ,

money,
and sizes. I'm looking for the differences like a Pinto or a Roll Royce.
Duriability is what I'm after.

TURTLE

Buy one from a reputable dealer! It is not the brand, but the installation!
;-)
I had a small engine shop for a few years. If I were to buy a new saw, it
would be a Stihl.
Greg

This is Turtle.

The reason I posted here is there is a 36" Pin Oak tree across my drive way
after a little wind storm come by. My wife called me and said there is a tree
across my drive way and I thought I would just pull out my hand Polock 14" saw
and cut it and move it out of the way. Hey that Poland 1 C.C. is not made for
adult trees. I cut the limbs out of the way to drive around it but that mickey
mouse poland saw had hell cutting the limbs and I did not even try it out on the
36" butt or trunk. I figured it up and i can get about $400.00 worth of fire
wood to pay for up to a $400.00 saw. I have a fellow who will come get the tree
for nothing but he gets the wood or sell it back to me at $40.00 a Rick or
$80.00 a Cord.

Tomorrow i will be checking out the saws and found a [ Stihl and Huskey ] Dealer
near here and will be talking to him. I called my brother in law up and he use
to work in the logging business and he said Stihl , but Huskey will do for part
time use. I can't find any other type dealers around here but Polock and I don't
need Mickey Mouse equipment.

I haven't talk to anybody yet but i went to Stihl website and it seems a model
MS-250-C or a MS-260 might do but maybe a MS-310 or MS-390 . Do I need to get
bigger or is these in the Tuff Boy Stuff ? I was told the bigger horse power
saws will not over heat in Git-R-Done Work.

What do yaw'll think ?

TURTLE