Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

Default Phablet stocking stuffers: iPhone 7 versus LG Stylo 3 Plus price/performance hardware comparison

He who is JF Mezei said on Tue, 26 Dec 2017 00:53:00 -0500:

Until you provide evidence that thsi is "permanent", please stop using
that word. You've been asked to provide evidence and you haven't.

You Apple Apologists sure are funny in how you fabricate non permanence
when *every* article on the subject tells you the *only* solution is to
replace the battery.

None of them say ... "oh just wait a while and it will go away on its own".

You iOS apologists are like the people who leave their dog poop on the
sidewalk in that you can't *comprehend* what is in *every* article on the
subject. There's no battery fairy that "fixes" batteries while you're
sleeping.

Every article says the same thing.
It's you Apple Apologists who can't comprehend simple basic facts.

It's like an article says a person is dead, and you Apple Apologists are
asking whether it says they're "permanently dead".

You Apple Apologistgs can't seem to comprehend the *simplest* of facts.

If you want to have intelligent conversation, please stop using
exagerations and be factual.

Let me give you a simple fact, although I realize you're an Apple
Apologistgs so you can't seem to comprehend it.

When a news article says a person is dead, they don't say "permanently
dead" because even Apple Apologists are supposed to understand that dead
means permanently dead.

When a news article says a house burned down and that the only solution is
to build a new one, they don't say it's "permanently burned down" - you're
simply expected to understand that you "can" replace a burned down home.

When a news article says the *only* solution is to replace the battery,
they don't need to explain to you, like they would to a five year old
child, that there is no battery fairy that magically fixes batteries while
you sleep.

What is so very wrong with you Apple Apologists that you can't comprehend
the *simples* of *obvious* facts?

Here is a fact for you Apple Apologists.
There is no battery fairy.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, December 26, 2017 at 9:11:17 AM UTC-5, harry newton wrote:

BTW, the LG Stylo 3 has the same chipset that my ZTE Blade Z Max has. It sure has enough performance for me, IDK what I'd do with more, but then I don't play games or watch TV on it either. Maybe
in those areas a high end phone gets you something. This is like
the issue of whether you need a PC that has the latest, highers
performance CPU that costs $500 more or a mid-range one.
Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

He who is nospam said on Mon, 25 Dec 2017 23:30:40 -0500:

connectivity broke because the driver was *not* written by apple, but
instead written by a third party, who didn't do a very good job and was
unable to test with an unreleased product, as is common with linux.

You Apple Apologists come up with the best "I didn't inhale" excuses for
when Apple breaks connectivity to Linux which Apple themselves says they
won't support so they don't test anything with Linux in the real world.

There's an entire thread on this topic where you got your head handed to
you because you make up such silly things that it was all Linux' fault
because Apple released softwaqre that broke everything and then didn't even
bother to respond to their own customer's support requests - saying only
that the real world is "not supported".

The only world Apple supports is inside the walled garden.
That's a fact.
Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

He who is nospam said on Tue, 26 Dec 2017 00:59:05 -0500:

So those slowdowns have been happening for over a year, yet, it has on;y
NOW surfaced because someone did a test. So it seems to me like people
didn't quite notice.

exactly.

You Apple Apologists sure are a funny lot.
You can't comprehend the simplest of obvious facts.

There are very many posts where people complain incessantly that each
successive iOS release slows down their phone drastically.

How do you iOS Apologists miss the most obvious things on the net?

Click this link for heaven's sake.
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=ios+slows+down+phone
Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

He who is rbowman said on Mon, 25 Dec 2017 21:33:36 -0700:

It takes a serious set of balls to chisel your way into a smartphone to
replace the battery. I'll stick with my flip phone, thank you.

I have an S3 which is so old that I can get backs for it for $1 in
single-unit increments.

That's great because I have a 7,000mAh battery and external chargers for
all my additional normal-sized batteries, such that I keep a battery in
each car's glovebox, along with a corresponding back.

I just bought 4 LG Stylo 3 Plus phablets, all with a removable battery.

To me, the battery is what kills the phone - not anything else.

A non-removable battery (using the typical terms) on a phone makes the
iPhone nearly worthless as a long-term tool.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, December 26, 2017 at 9:37:21 AM UTC-5, BurfordTJustice wrote:
Typical big government libtard.

Anything the government wants to do is A ok.

We're not talking about "anything", it's helping the govt unlock a terrorist's cell phone pursuant to a legal search warrant. It's no different than a lock company helping the police open a lock, safe, disable an alarm, etc.

But instead that skunk Cook grandstanded and sided with terrorists with dozens of dead Americans having just been killed by the owner of the phone. Apple and terrorists, perfect together.

"trader_4" wrote in message
. I lost all respect for Apple after that skunk Cook sided with terrorists
and refused to help the FBI unlock the San Bernardino terrorists phone.

Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

In article , harry newton
wrote:

There are very many posts where people complain incessantly that each
successive iOS release slows down their phone drastically.

the reason is because after a new ios upgrade, the system is rebuilding
caches, reindexing files, etc.

performance will improve after the caches are rebuilt, and more so
after all of the background processing is complete, at which point,
everything is back to normal.

except that the (inaccurate) first impressions remain. nobody checks
the performance a week later.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, December 26, 2017 at 9:53:09 AM UTC-5, nospam wrote:
In article , harry newton
wrote:

There are very many posts where people complain incessantly that each
successive iOS release slows down their phone drastically.

the reason is because after a new ios upgrade, the system is rebuilding
caches, reindexing files, etc.

performance will improve after the caches are rebuilt, and more so
after all of the background processing is complete, at which point,
everything is back to normal.

except that the (inaccurate) first impressions remain. nobody checks
the performance a week later.

I've had a lot of phones and I've never seen one speed up a week after an os install or factory reset. Sounds like any excuse will do.
Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

On Mon, 25 Dec 2017 20:53:51 -0800, The Real Bev
wrote:

I didn't know about Official Grammar Stuff until I took a foreign
language in high school; until then I made it up (correctly, as it
turned out) as I went along :-)

I'm not perfect, but my English grammar is pretty good. Like you, I
learned most of it in my high school Latin class.

Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

wrote:

I didn't know about Official Grammar Stuff until I took a foreign
language in high school; until then I made it up (correctly, as it
turned out) as I went along :-)

I'm not perfect, but my English grammar is pretty good. Like you, I
learned most of it in my high school Latin class.

French and Spanish, pretty much the same. Latin, same stuff, just lots
more endings and odd new stuff like pronouncing Venus Way-noose :-) How
did Mr. Bregoli know?

If you read a lot I think you pick up the rules subliminally. You also
pick up vocabulary. How many kids still read books besides Harry Potter
and Game of Thrones?

--
Cheers, Bev
Teamwork: A bunch of people running around doing what I tell them.

Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

On 2017-12-26 15:11, harry newton wrote:
He who is JF Mezei said on Tue, 26 Dec 2017 00:53:00 -0500:

Until you provide evidence that thsi is "permanent", please stop using
that word. You've been asked to provide evidence and you haven't.

You Apple Apologists sure are funny in how you fabricate non permanence
when *every* article on the subject tells you the *only* solution is to
replace the battery.

We are not Apple Apologists.

--
Cheers, Carlos.
Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

On 2017-12-26 15:53, nospam wrote:
In article , harry newton
wrote:

There are very many posts where people complain incessantly that each
successive iOS release slows down their phone drastically.

the reason is because after a new ios upgrade, the system is rebuilding
caches, reindexing files, etc.

Almost every system upgrade of any operating system makes the machine
slower, simply because they have new features, they are bigger, use more
memory, and sometimes they run more default tasks on background. So it
is expected and normal that after an upgrade machines feel slower.
Drastically slower, no.

Sometimes they run faster because they managed to optimize things.

--
Cheers, Carlos.
Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

On 2017-12-26 15:41, harry newton wrote:
He who is rbowman said on Mon, 25 Dec 2017 21:33:36 -0700:

It takes a serious set of balls to chisel your way into a smartphone
to replace the battery. I'll stick with my flip phone, thank you.

I have an S3 which is so old that I can get backs for it for $1 in
single-unit increments.

That's great because I have a 7,000mAh battery and external chargers for
all my additional normal-sized batteries, such that I keep a battery in
each car's glovebox, along with a corresponding back.

I just bought 4 LG Stylo 3 Plus phablets, all with a removable battery.

To me, the battery is what kills the phone - not anything else.

A non-removable battery (using the typical terms) on a phone makes the
iPhone nearly worthless as a long-term tool.

Many Android phones also have non-replaceable batteries. This is
unfortunate, but also batteries last longer than say, 5 years ago.

--
Cheers, Carlos.
Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

He who is Carlos E.R. said on Tue, 26 Dec 2017 20:36:35 +0100:

A non-removable battery (using the typical terms) on a phone makes the
iPhone nearly worthless as a long-term tool.

Many Android phones also have non-replaceable batteries. This is
unfortunate, but also batteries last longer than say, 5 years ago.

When you just pop in a battery like I do, so that you always keep a few
charging on the wall with external battery chargers, you'll begin to
appreciate that a consumer-removable battery is a luxury that greatly adds
to the life of the phone.

Even nospam has been arguing that run-down batteries decrease the life of
the phone.

To me, any phone with a non-removable battery sure had better be almost
free, to be worth the restriction.
Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

He who is Carlos E.R. said on Tue, 26 Dec 2017 20:33:49 +0100:

Almost every system upgrade of any operating system makes the machine
slower, simply because they have new features, they are bigger, use more
memory, and sometimes they run more default tasks on background. So it
is expected and normal that after an upgrade machines feel slower.
Drastically slower, no.

Sometimes they run faster because they managed to optimize things.

You Apple Apologists are funny people.
Have you even looked at the SIZE of the slowdown?
It's drastic. It's huge. It's phenomenally large.

Even Apple has admitted it.

Apple secretly, drastically, and permanently slows down phone CPUs with
each iOS update.

The best solution is to do what I've always done.
Don't update to the next iOS release.

That's the best speed trick ever.

Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

He who is nospam said on Tue, 26 Dec 2017 09:53:03 -0500:

There are very many posts where people complain incessantly that each
successive iOS release slows down their phone drastically.

the reason is because after a new ios upgrade, the system is rebuilding
caches, reindexing files, etc.

performance will improve after the caches are rebuilt, and more so
after all of the background processing is complete, at which point,
everything is back to normal.

except that the (inaccurate) first impressions remain. nobody checks
the performance a week later.

Except that Apple has admitted it permanently, drastically, and secretly
slowed down the very CPU in the Apple 6's and 7's with successive iOS
updates.

So people who complained that their CPU slowed down were correct.
Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

He who is Carlos E.R. said on Tue, 26 Dec 2017 20:29:25 +0100:

We are not Apple Apologists.

Anyone who insists that a dying battery will magically be rejuvenated by
the battery fairy, which is essentially what he was claiming by requesting
someone to find the word "permanent" in the description.

It's like someone's house burns down and he wants the word "permanent" in
front of it, as in it's "permanently burned down".

Everyone but the Apple Apologists seem to understand that there is no
battery fairy. Hence only the Apple Apologists require the word 'permanent
in front of the words "the only way to solve the problem is to put in a new
battery", which is what all the articles are stating.
Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

In article , Carlos E.R.
wrote:

There are very many posts where people complain incessantly that each
successive iOS release slows down their phone drastically.

the reason is because after a new ios upgrade, the system is rebuilding
caches, reindexing files, etc.

Almost every system upgrade of any operating system makes the machine
slower, simply because they have new features, they are bigger, use more
memory, and sometimes they run more default tasks on background. So it
is expected and normal that after an upgrade machines feel slower.
Drastically slower, no.

the new features might be slower, but the baseline performance will be
roughly the same, sometimes faster. ios 9 was noticeably faster than
ios 8 overall, for example.

the point is that after an upgrade, internal caches and indexes must be
rebuilt, which takes time, except that it's during that time the user
is noticing a slowdown, both because of the background processing to
rebuild and because the caches and indexes are missing or incomplete

once all of that is done, everything is back to normal, but they've
already decided the upgrade is slower.

Sometimes they run faster because they managed to optimize things.

yes.
Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

In article , harry newton
wrote:

Have you even looked at the SIZE of the slowdown?
It's drastic. It's huge. It's phenomenally large.

absolutely false.
Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

On 2017-12-26 21:30, harry newton wrote:
He who is Carlos E.R. said on Tue, 26 Dec 2017 20:33:49 +0100:

Almost every system upgrade of any operating system makes the machine
slower, simply because they have new features, they are bigger, use more
memory, and sometimes they run more default tasks on background. So it
is expected and normal that after an upgrade machines feel slower.
Drastically slower, no.

Sometimes they run faster because they managed to optimize things.

You Apple Apologists are funny people.

Yeah, sure. I don't have any Apple thing, never had, I don't like Apple,
yet as I call you wrong, you say I'm an apologist. Yeah, sure. Proof
that you are entirely wrong.

--
Cheers, Carlos.

Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

On 2017-12-26 21:30, harry newton wrote:
He who is nospam said on Tue, 26 Dec 2017 09:53:03 -0500:

There are very many posts where people complain incessantly that each
successive iOS release slows down their phone drastically.

the reason is because after a new ios upgrade, the system is rebuilding
caches, reindexing files, etc.

performance will improve after the caches are rebuilt, and more so
after all of the background processing is complete, at which point,
everything is back to normal.

except that the (inaccurate) first impressions remain. nobody checks
the performance a week later.

Except that Apple has admitted it permanently, drastically, and secretly
slowed down the very CPU in the Apple 6's and 7's with successive iOS
updates.

False, as stated there.

So people who complained that their CPU slowed down were correct.

Yes, but not you.

--
Cheers, Carlos.
Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

On 2017-12-26 21:30, harry newton wrote:
He who is Carlos E.R. said on Tue, 26 Dec 2017 20:29:25 +0100:

We are not Apple Apologists.

Anyone who insists that a dying battery will magically be rejuvenated by
the battery fairy, which is essentially what he was claiming by requesting
someone to find the word "permanent" in the description.

Nobody is saying that.

--
Cheers, Carlos.
Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

On 2017-12-26 21:30, harry newton wrote:
He who is Carlos E.R. said on Tue, 26 Dec 2017 20:36:35 +0100:

A non-removable battery (using the typical terms) on a phone makes the
iPhone nearly worthless as a long-term tool.

Many Android phones also have non-replaceable batteries. This is
unfortunate, but also batteries last longer than say, 5 years ago.

When you just pop in a battery like I do, so that you always keep a few
charging on the wall with external battery chargers, you'll begin to
appreciate that a consumer-removable battery is a luxury that greatly adds
to the life of the phone.

I know very well how good are replaceable batteries.
But most phones don't have one.

--
Cheers, Carlos.
Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

He who is Carlos E.R. said on Tue, 26 Dec 2017 22:12:08 +0100:

Except that Apple has admitted it permanently, drastically, and secretly
slowed down the very CPU in the Apple 6's and 7's with successive iOS
updates.

False, as stated there.

So people who complained that their CPU slowed down were correct.

Yes, but not you.

Just read the references from the very same people who broke the news in
the first place, where it's clear to all but the Apple Apologists that the
secret slowdown is permanent and drastic!

Reddit 1:
https://pastebin.com/JergYngQ

Reddit 2:
https://www.reddit.com/r/iphone/comm...zt&sh=cc6c26aa

Reddit 3:
https://www.reddit.com/r/iphone/comm..._iphones_with/

Oh wait. Facts are anathema to you Apple Apologists.
You hate facts.
Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

He who is Carlos E.R. said on Tue, 26 Dec 2017 22:10:51 +0100:

You Apple Apologists are funny people.

Yeah, sure. I don't have any Apple thing, never had, I don't like Apple,
yet as I call you wrong, you say I'm an apologist. Yeah, sure. Proof
that you are entirely wrong.

You are apologizing for Apple having implemented a secret, permanent, and
drastic slowdown of the CPU when the user updates their iOS release.

Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

He who is nospam said on Tue, 26 Dec 2017 16:06:29 -0500:

Have you even looked at the SIZE of the slowdown?
It's drastic. It's huge. It's phenomenally large.

absolutely false.

C'mon nospam. You think I don't know what the reported slowdowns are?
I never ask an open question that I don't already know the answer to.

Tell us, what is the reported slowdown?
HINT: The slowdown is utterly HUGE!

Let's see if you can tell the truth for the first time ever.

Here's the app that people are reporting from:
CPUdasher X https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cpu-dasherx/id1168527539?mt=8

What is the typical speeds and then the reported slowdown speeds for:
* iPhone 6 (non slowed down CPU is 1400MHz)
(Guess what the slowed speed is!)
* iPhone 6s (non slowed down CPU is 1848MHz)
(Guess what the slowed speed is!)
* iPhone SE (the reddit posts say this is probably the same as the above)
* iPhone 7 (non slowed down CPU is 2350MHz)
(Guess what the slowed speed is!)

C'mon nospam. Tell us what the reported slowed down speeds are!
HINT: I know this answer - which is why I know it's drastic.
Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

This is exactlyh what JF Mezei said:
"Until you provide evidence that thsi is "permanent", please stop
using that word."

What does he expect to happen? A battery fairy is going to magically undo
what Apple considers a deteriorated battery?

When a house burns down, nobody has to tell the owners it's drastic and
permanent (for that house). They just don't. Only the Apple Apologists need
to be told that, because they consider it not drastic and not permanent
because you 'can' replace the house.

Sure, you can replace the battery.

But until you do so, the slowdown related to simply updating the iOS
version was secret and still is drastic and permanent (for that battery).

Only you Apple Apologists play these childishly silly semantic games.
Why?
You tell me why.

I think you just don't like to hear the truth.
Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

In article , harry newton
wrote:

Have you even looked at the SIZE of the slowdown?
It's drastic. It's huge. It's phenomenally large.

absolutely false.

C'mon nospam. You think I don't know what the reported slowdowns are?

not only do i think that, but i *know* you don't know what really
happens with ios, along with so much more.

i have several iphones, going back to the very first iphone from 10
years ago (which still works), and there is no drastic slowdown.

in some cases, upgrading ios made it *faster*.
Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

In article , harry newton
wrote:

So people who complained that their CPU slowed down were correct.

Yes, but not you.

Just read the references from the very same people who broke the news in
the first place, where it's clear to all but the Apple Apologists that the
secret slowdown is permanent and drastic!

Reddit 1:
Reddit 2:
Reddit 3:

redit is not a reference of anything.
Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

He who is Carlos E.R. said on Tue, 26 Dec 2017 22:14:34 +0100:

I know very well how good are replaceable batteries.
But most phones don't have one.

All my phones have replaceable batteries - but some of my gift phones do
not (since the kids like their iPhones and iPads).

Just like the four phones I just bought each can hold a 2 terabyte
expansion card, they have FM radios, and they have removable batteries.

None of that is even possible on Apple equipment.

So it's a huge compromise in hardware any time you buy any Apple device.

Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

He who is nospam said on Tue, 26 Dec 2017 17:40:06 -0500:

C'mon nospam. You think I don't know what the reported slowdowns are?

not only do i think that, but i *know* you don't know what really
happens with ios, along with so much more.

i have several iphones, going back to the very first iphone from 10
years ago (which still works), and there is no drastic slowdown.

in some cases, upgrading ios made it *faster*.

I knew you wouldn't dare to state how utterly drastic the huge slowdowns
are as reported by the CPU Dasher X app.

You Apple Apologists always try to skirt the truth with semantics.

HINT: The secret permanent slowdowns reported are utterly HUGE!
Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

He who is nospam said on Tue, 26 Dec 2017 17:40:07 -0500:

Just read the references from the very same people who broke the news in
the first place, where it's clear to all but the Apple Apologists that the
secret slowdown is permanent and drastic!

Reddit 1:
Reddit 2:
Reddit 3:

redit is not a reference of anything.

Spoken like a true Apple Apologist!

Those Reddit references are the basis that directly caused Apple themselves
to admit that what the Reddit owners found was, in fact, what Apple did.

Apple secretly, permanently, and drastically slowed down the users' CPUs.

In addition, there are a few lawsuits already filed, clearly and obviously
claiming direct harm, which are also based on what those Reddit references
unveiled and which Apple admitted.

So it's with a smile that I see you Apple Apologists try to negate the
factual value of what Apple themselves have already admitted.

It's funny - but you Apple Apologists will deny anything, even what Apple
was already forced to admit was true.
Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

In article , harry newton
wrote:

Just read the references from the very same people who broke the news in
the first place, where it's clear to all but the Apple Apologists that the
secret slowdown is permanent and drastic!

Reddit 1:
Reddit 2:
Reddit 3:

redit is not a reference of anything.

Spoken like a true Apple Apologist!

reddit is a forum.

it is not a reference of any type, for anything.

In addition, there are a few lawsuits already filed, clearly and obviously
claiming direct harm, which are also based on what those Reddit references
unveiled and which Apple admitted.

it's easy to file a lawsuit.

what matters is who prevails if it goes to court. it may not.
Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

In article , harry newton
wrote:

I knew you wouldn't dare to state how utterly drastic the huge slowdowns
are as reported by the CPU Dasher X app.

benchmark apps are irrelevant in normal day to day use.

you also don't understand what the numbers actually *mean*.
Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

He who is nospam said on Tue, 26 Dec 2017 18:19:58 -0500:

it's easy to file a lawsuit.

what matters is who prevails if it goes to court. it may not.

If the lawsuit has no merit, it will be thrown out quickly.

Let's see what happens because the lawsuits I saw allege direct harm caused
by Apple for the express purpose of causing secret, drastic, and permanent
harm.

Let's come back to this discussion when the lawsuits have worked their way
through the system.

There are currently 8 class action lawsuits already filed in U.S. District
Courts in California, New York and Illinois, all alleging intentional harm
by Apple to its customers.
http://fortune.com/2017/12/22/apple-iphone-batteries-slow-lawsuit/

A similar case was filed in Israeli courts:
http://fortune.com/2017/12/26/apple-lawsuit-old-iphones/

The fact that it's so obviously secret, permanent, and drastic intentional
harm by Apple to the customers will be interesting to see how this plays
out in court.

Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

He who is nospam said on Tue, 26 Dec 2017 18:19:59 -0500:

benchmark apps are irrelevant in normal day to day use.

The CPU is secretly, permanently, and drastically slowed down.
You are trying to apologize your way around that fact.
Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

In article , harry newton
wrote:

it's easy to file a lawsuit.

what matters is who prevails if it goes to court. it may not.

If the lawsuit has no merit, it will be thrown out quickly.

or it goes to court and the plaintiff loses.
Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

In article , harry newton
wrote:

The CPU is secretly, permanently, and drastically slowed down.

absolutely false
Posted to alt.home.repair

trader_4 wrote:
On Sunday, December 24, 2017 at 3:03:54 PM UTC-5, harry newton wrote:
He who is rbowman said on Sun, 24 Dec 2017 11:54:58 -0700:

I'm thinking of picking up a few more of these phablets, but some of the
kids I'll be giving them to may want Apple devices, so that's why I ran the
hardware comparison just now.

You have hit on it. Apple fans, including kids swayed by their peers or
Apple advertising, will accept nothing but Apple, regardless of the cost.

While I have never bought a phablet before, it does seem that these LG
Stylo 3 Plus phones I bought as last-minute stocking stuffers are one fifth
the price of the equivalent iPhone 7 Plus based on the hardware specs.

Since I had only expected an equivalent iPhone to cost about double the
price of an equivalent Android phone, I was amazed that these seemingly
comparable devices are so vastly different in price.

They clearly have a significant difference, the Apple has a 50%
higher clock rate. That likely means it;s on a newer smaller pitch
process that would also bring lower power. It's like looking at
two PCs, that both have the same memory and hard drive size but
one has a CPU that's 50% faster and saying they are seemingly
the same, why should one cost a lot more than the other?
How much that matters in the real world on these phones who knows,
because it's complex. One has more CPUs, so potentially they could
make up for some of it, but to what extent, who knows.

Bought a iPhone 5s last year. $160. Endless updating. I don't like the WiFi
search. Sometimes it skips stations. When my IPhone switches to 3G it
really slows down, where my old Motorola worked fine on 3G, 3G only phone.
iPhone takes good pictures. Speed seems irrelevant for my needs. I can
print from IPhone, not my androids. I wan to install FTP and see what files
I can see and transfer. I'm currently using old IPad, but usually use
Samsung Note tablet.

Greg
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Flip Phone Forever

On 12/24/2017 12:01 PM, harry newton wrote:
(Snip, snip, snip)

I come from a time when the phone had a cord and a bell and a rotary
dial. No answering machine or voice mail either. I upgraded to a flip
phone a few years ago and that's working plenty good enough, and it's
easy to carry. A neighbor gave me an old smart phone and I've got
"Torque" and "Freenav" for a couple of apps. I haven't activated
service on it and now I'm wondering now if I will. Time and technology
march on, sometimes without me. Disclaimer, I'll be 70 next year and
getting kinda old and wear Velcro shoes.