Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair
Carlos E.R.[_2_] Carlos E.R.[_2_] is offline

Default Phablet stocking stuffers: iPhone 7 versus LG Stylo 3 Plusprice/performance hardware comparison

On 2017-12-26 15:41, harry newton wrote:
He who is rbowman said on Mon, 25 Dec 2017 21:33:36 -0700:

It takes a serious set of balls to chisel your way into a smartphone
to replace the battery. I'll stick with my flip phone, thank you.

I have an S3 which is so old that I can get backs for it for $1 in
single-unit increments.

That's great because I have a 7,000mAh battery and external chargers for
all my additional normal-sized batteries, such that I keep a battery in
each car's glovebox, along with a corresponding back.

I just bought 4 LG Stylo 3 Plus phablets, all with a removable battery.

To me, the battery is what kills the phone - not anything else.

A non-removable battery (using the typical terms) on a phone makes the
iPhone nearly worthless as a long-term tool.

Many Android phones also have non-replaceable batteries. This is
unfortunate, but also batteries last longer than say, 5 years ago.

--
Cheers, Carlos.