Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cordless telephones

On Sat, 26 Aug 2017 10:22:07 -0400, Wally wrote:

What do you use to tame the gators and spiders and snakes and hurricanes and mold and que-vins etc?

Why tame them? We just live together in peace and harmony.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 26 Aug 2017 16:45:38 +0100, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

All I've got is you're stupid enough to pay a company to provide you with half a service.

It is the power of being a monopoly
Posted to alt.home.repair

[snp]

When you dry off, you're wasting most of the benefit of getting wet.

No, it's the drying off that evaporates the water and cools you off.

If "drying off" is evaporation. I didn't say it was.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"When I think of all the harm the Bible has done, I despair of ever
writing anything to equal it." [Oscar Wilde]
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 25 Aug 2017 19:23:04 +0100, Mark Lloyd wrote:

In the UK, Sky TV has an EPG through
the satellite. Freeview/Freesat has it through the aerial/satellite.
The only reason for connecting through the phoneline is to upload
viewing data, which sensible people prevent, as it's spying on us.

I know satellite TV had that. I wanted something that would work with
the local cable.

So cable is so **** that they can't even transmit an EPG through it?

Modern digital cable does have EPG. The analog cable 14 years ago didn't.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"When I think of all the harm the Bible has done, I despair of ever
writing anything to equal it." [Oscar Wilde]
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 25 Aug 2017 19:21:34 +0100, Mark Lloyd wrote:

[snip]

Heat is easy to cure. Take a shower.

That reminds me of when I lived in an apartment where the A/C failed a
lot and I had to use my "backup system". That is, take a shower and
don't dry off. The ceiling fan sounded like someone dragging a heavy
chain across an iron floor all night, but it wasn't as bad as being hot.

I find a desk fan better at cooling me.

And even more so if you're wet.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"When I think of all the harm the Bible has done, I despair of ever
writing anything to equal it." [Oscar Wilde]

Posted to alt.home.repair

[snip]

Nope. Loads of folk in the UK have DVRs made by for example Humax.
They take the EPG through the aerial or dish along with the programs.

Did they do that 18 years ago?

[snip]
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL), the Sociopathic Attention Whore

On Sat, 26 Aug 2017 18:31:48 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

Why tame them? We just live together in peace and harmony.

Gators are dangerous and should be shot.

Gators are less dangerous than pathological road rowdies like you that BOAST
about their dangerous driving habits!

--
More of Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) sociopathic "wisdom":
"But there's no such thing as "American accent", just like there's no such
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 26 Aug 2017 18:31:06 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

That seems odd. It's a really hot state. Ever heard of solar power? It
would be cheaper to make your own at that price!

Darn, won't they listen to a sociopath from Scotland? LOL

--
More from Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) sociopathic life:
"I've seen quite a few crimes take place, or known about them, and I've
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 26 Aug 2017 18:29:40 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

Our Sky boxes work just fine with only a satellite connection. The EPG is just there.

He's not in the UK, idiot!

--
More of Birdbrain Macaws's (now "James Wilkinson") strange world:
"Murder kills someone. Speeding does nothing of the sort."

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 26 Aug 2017 18:32:12 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

It is the power of being a monopoly

Try shopping elsewhere. Don't you guys understand capitalism?

Yeah, Birdbrain, keep educating those dumb Yanks with your birdbrain! BG

--
Sociopath Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) about his use of the
pronoun "its":
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 26 Aug 2017 19:04:19 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

You don't need to, it's a scientific fact. When things evaporate water
from their surface, they become dry.

What an IDIOT! LOL

--
More from Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) abnormal sociopathic
world:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 26 Aug 2017 19:05:26 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

And even more so if you're wet.

Yes, but that doesn't last very long.

Your BULL****TING will last FOREVER, right, Birdbrain?

--
More of Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) "deep thinking":
"If you ask me a question, I don't reply before you've asked it."
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 26 Aug 2017 19:22:47 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

Why the **** are you paying so many things? My bill just has one figure.
I can choose to pay extra for green electricity, but it's voluntary. I
chose the cheap un-environmentally-friendly power.

Oh, shut your stupid gob finally!

--
Sociopath Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) sociopathic
understanding of the law:

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 26 Aug 2017 19:04:35 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

Modern digital cable does have EPG. The analog cable 14 years ago didn't.

Our old analogue systems did.

Not 14 years ago, Birdbrain!

--
More of Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) sociopathic "wisdom":
"But there's no such thing as "American accent", just like there's no such
thing as "British accent"."
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 26 Aug 2017 19:08:44 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

Since 1998, so 19 years ago. Before that there wasn't an EPG from
anywhere, we used a paper magazine.

But you don't use paper to wipe your arse, right? You use GRASS if it's
around! BG

--
Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson") about himself:
"I once took a dump behind some bushes and slid down a hill to wipe my
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 26 Aug 2017 18:31:06 +0100, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

I doubt you pay as much as California. It is 45 cents or more there
from what I hear.

That seems odd. It's a really hot state. Ever heard of solar power? It would be cheaper to make your own at that price!

Solar power may be the most expensive of all. You have to pay for the
solar infrastructure, then you still need the same fossil
infrastructure for the night load. Fuel is the cheapest part of
getting power to the customer

Er... actually you're wrong, it's 15.2 cents:

I am just going on what the people who live there say.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 26 Aug 2017 18:31:06 +0100, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

http://www.npr.org/sections/money/20...-in-your-state

This is based on a 6-7 year old study.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 26 Aug 2017 18:31:48 +0100, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

On Sat, 26 Aug 2017 18:24:08 +0100, wrote:

On Sat, 26 Aug 2017 10:22:07 -0400, Wally wrote:

What do you use to tame the gators and spiders and snakes and hurricanes and mold and que-vins etc?

Why tame them? We just live together in peace and harmony.

Gators are dangerous and should be shot.

So you have a lot of experience with them?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

All I've got is you're stupid enough to pay a company to provide you with half a service.

It is the power of being a monopoly

Try shopping elsewhere. Don't you guys understand capitalism?

There is nowhere else if it is a monopoly. Most cable companies are
monopolies and they fix prices with the satellite companies. I am all
for dragging them out and shooting them tho.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 26 Aug 2017 20:09:15 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

So you have a lot of experience with them?

I know they can kill people, that makes them a hazard and they should be
removed, along with lions, tigers etc. I don't agree with preserving
things that can kill us.

It's really mentally deficient idiots like you that should be removed from
human society, Birdbrain!

--
Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) about himself:
" I have no plans to make children. The world is already too full, and I
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 26 Aug 2017 20:08:21 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

FLUSH yet more idiotic BULL**** unread

--
Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) sociopathic "mind" in action:
"An electric fence would be less visible, and funnier to watch the kids
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 26 Aug 2017 20:08:38 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

This is based on a 6-7 year old study.

I can't believe the prices would go up that much in less than a decade.

I can't believe that an idiot like you exists! But there you are, in all
your idiotic "splendour"! BG

--
More from Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) sociopathic life:
"I've seen quite a few crimes take place, or known about them, and I've
reported precisely none."
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 26 Aug 2017 20:10:06 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

What's to stop another company starting up?

The monopoly, idiot!

--
More of Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) "deep thinking":
"If you ask me a question, I don't reply before you've asked it."
MID:

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

All I've got is you're stupid enough to pay a company to provide you with half a service.

It is the power of being a monopoly

Try shopping elsewhere. Don't you guys understand capitalism?

There is nowhere else if it is a monopoly. Most cable companies are
monopolies and they fix prices with the satellite companies. I am all
for dragging them out and shooting them tho.

And satellite doesn't offer internet or if it does, it's crap compared to cable, so cable is the only viable option for many of us. Typically there is only one cable company in an area. Some people are lucky and have a choice, eg Fios is a choice for some people here, but not my area. What an arrogant ass to try to tell us what's going on here when he's in the UK. It works great, I love TiVo and he can go screw himself.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 26 Aug 2017 23:40:01 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

area. What an arrogant ass to try to tell us what's going on here when
he's in the UK. It works great, I love TiVo and he can go screw himself.

In the UK I can choose from about TWENTY internet companies, provided via
the phone line, at about 55Mbits/second. Your country is still in the
3rd world.

Birdbrain, the US is a HUGE country and getting Internet to every distant
spot is a different logistic task than on your ****ty little island.

--
Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) sociopathic "mind" in action:
"An electric fence would be less visible, and funnier to watch the kids
touching it."
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, August 26, 2017 at 6:58:23 PM UTC-4, Peeler wrote:
On Sat, 26 Aug 2017 23:40:01 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

area. What an arrogant ass to try to tell us what's going on here when
he's in the UK. It works great, I love TiVo and he can go screw himself.

In the UK I can choose from about TWENTY internet companies, provided via
the phone line, at about 55Mbits/second. Your country is still in the
3rd world.

Birdbrain, the US is a HUGE country and getting Internet to every distant
spot is a different logistic task than on your ****ty little island.

--

For sure that is one important point. I have 100 mbps and could get 400 if I needed it. You're right, he is an idiot. He has no idea what we have, insists on making an ass of himself. And for some reason he has a big issue because some of us here prefer to buy our own dvr, which is superior to what the cable company offers and quickly pays for itself by saving $13 a month. It all works perfectly.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 27 Aug 2017 02:33:15 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

I've got a smart-ups. How pure is the power from that?

Read the ****ing manual, attention whore!

--
More of Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) "deep thinking":
"If you ask me a question, I don't reply before you've asked it."
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, August 26, 2017 at 8:33:24 PM UTC-5, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Sun, 27 Aug 2017 01:10:19 +0100, wrote:

On Sun, 20 Aug 2017 21:38:32 -0500, Unquestionably Confused
wrote:

On 8/20/2017 9:27 PM, wrote:
On Mon, 21 Aug 2017 02:04:17 +0100, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

I buy my UPSs on Ebay for **** all then buy new batteries for them.

I am full up on UPS units. My wife brings the dead ones home from work
and it is usually just batteries. They do not even try to fix them
there.

Ssssh! Don't let it get out. That may dissuade them, then where will be.

I've got a handful of APC Back-Up XS 1500's doing a wonderful job of
keeping all kinds of stuff up and running and provided pure power.

Thanks to a client who refuses to replace batteries rather than UPS's
I'll never buy another UPS unless I'm unfortunate enough to take a LOT
of lightning strikes that blows them up.

You've gotta love people with more money than brains!

Inly problem is, a "backUps" does not "provide pure power" as it is a
"standby" unit. All it gives you is "filtered" power like a good power
bar.

I've got a smart-ups. How pure is the power from that?
--

I'd guess it a modified square wave which means it's a square wave pretending to be a sine wave. Most modern electronic gear doesn't care about the waveform as long as it's being fed alternating current. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

http://www.minutemanups.com/support/pwr_un10.php

[8~{} Uncle Simulated Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 26 Aug 2017 18:35:39 +0100, Mark Lloyd wrote:

[snp]

When you dry off, you're wasting most of the benefit of getting wet.

No, it's the drying off that evaporates the water and cools you off.

If "drying off" is evaporation. I didn't say it was.

You don't need to, it's a scientific fact. When things evaporate water
from their surface, they become dry.

And if you use a towel, it doesn't get a chance.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"For my money, I'll bet on reason and humanistic kindness. Even if I am
wrong I will have enjoyed my life, the existence of which is under
little dispute." -- Dan Barker, "Losing Faith in Faith"
Posted to alt.home.repair

[snip]

I find a desk fan better at cooling me.

And even more so if you're wet.

Yes, but that doesn't last very long. I do have a spray bottle full of
water next to me in summer to spray on myself for a quick cool off, bu
it only lasts for 10 minutes. A desk fan continues.

During a recent* power outage, I used a squirt bottle full of water with
a battery-operated fan on it.

* - "recent" was more than 2 years ago. it was "now" when it happened.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"For my money, I'll bet on reason and humanistic kindness. Even if I am
wrong I will have enjoyed my life, the existence of which is under
little dispute." -- Dan Barker, "Losing Faith in Faith"

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 26 Aug 2017 18:53:40 +0100, Sam E

[snip]

Nope. Loads of folk in the UK have DVRs made by for example Humax.
They take the EPG through the aerial or dish along with the programs.

Did they do that 18 years ago?

Since 1998, so 19 years ago. Before that there wasn't an EPG from
anywhere, we used a paper magazine.

"Where's the TV Guide" was a really common question when I was growing up.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"For my money, I'll bet on reason and humanistic kindness. Even if I am
wrong I will have enjoyed my life, the existence of which is under
little dispute." -- Dan Barker, "Losing Faith in Faith"
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/26/2017 01:13 PM, Jose wrote:

[snip

The "Low-Income Energy Assistance Fund" ****es me off. I really hate
being forced to help pay for some lazy brick-tossin lootin' democrat's
electric bill.

For the Democrats. Republicans don't need it. They have guns.

--
"The Jews are a frightened people. Nineteen centuries of Christian love
have broken down their nerves." [Israel Zangwill]
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 27 Aug 2017 15:04:45 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

I do notice

You don't even notice that everyone, really everyone, considers you a SICK
idiot!

--
Phil Lee adressing Birdbrain Macaw:
"You are too stupid to be wasting oxygen."
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 27 Aug 2017 20:04:59 +0100, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

On Sun, 27 Aug 2017 18:30:34 +0100, Mark Lloyd wrote:

[snip]

I find a desk fan better at cooling me.

And even more so if you're wet.

Yes, but that doesn't last very long. I do have a spray bottle full of
water next to me in summer to spray on myself for a quick cool off, bu
it only lasts for 10 minutes. A desk fan continues.

During a recent* power outage, I used a squirt bottle full of water with
a battery-operated fan on it.

* - "recent" was more than 2 years ago. it was "now" when it happened.

I have been known to stand naked in my garden using a hose.

I was naked in the yard last night using the hose god gave me, trying
to get the dog to get with the program.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 27 Aug 2017 21:03:53 +0100, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

I was naked in the yard last night using the hose god gave me, trying
to get the dog to get with the program.

You tried to encourage your dog to pee by doing so yourself? I wonder what was going through the dog's mind.

It appeared to be "This is where we pee" because he let one go right
there are we could go back into the house. This is a puppy and he is
still trying to figure this stuff out.

Digital cordless telephones Jim Hawkins UK diy 3 February 20th 13 12:57 PM
Philips VOIP3212 cordless digital telephones Graeme UK diy 7 January 18th 08 04:42 PM
Satellite telephones [email protected] UK diy 0 April 18th 06 11:32 AM
Telephones dead JohnR66 Home Repair 3 January 8th 05 11:08 PM
Telephones Geoff Hackett Electronics 2 September 10th 03 03:20 PM