Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Digital cordless telephones

I have BT Synergy 5500 systems on our two landlines, but
my eyesight is no longer good enough to read the tiny blue
LCD displays on the handsets.
Is there a similar system that has decent black-and-white
displays ?

Jim Hawkins

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 19 Feb 2013 16:16:19 -0000, "Jim Hawkins"
wrote:

I have BT Synergy 5500 systems on our two landlines, but
my eyesight is no longer good enough to read the tiny blue
LCD displays on the handsets.
Is there a similar system that has decent black-and-white
displays ?

You may want to have a look at the Siemens Gigaset range. We have the
CS3 units -
http://www.cordless-phones.uk.com/co...aset-c475-twin
The numerals for the important items such as the number you are
dialing appear to be about 7mm in height. The illumination is perhaps
a bit bright for a bedroom but the screen is clear and easy to read. I
believe they are about to be updated so there may be some reasonable
deals available.
--
rbel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/02/2013 16:16, Jim Hawkins wrote:
I have BT Synergy 5500 systems on our two landlines, but
my eyesight is no longer good enough to read the tiny blue
LCD displays on the handsets.
Is there a similar system that has decent black-and-white
displays ?

Perhaps some of the phones listed on the RNIB web site? Either speaking
phones or those with larger clearer displays
http://www.rnib.org.uk/shop/Pages/Category.aspx?Category=cordless_telephones

http://www.doro.co.uk/Products/Telephones-for-fixed-line/Doro-PhoneEasy-110/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 19 Feb 2013 21:05:52 +0000, rbel wrote:

You may want to have a look at the Siemens Gigaset range. We have the
CS3 units -
http://www.cordless-phones.uk.com/co...aset-c475-twin

I'll second that, having just got a S795 set. THey are well made and
stylish IMO.
Can recommend Ligo
(http://www.cordless-phones.uk.com/?u...Black%20Friday)
as a supplier as well.

Digital vs Analog cordless Phone? Health Radiation is the same? lbbss Electronics Repair 30 January 19th 13 02:54 PM
Philips VOIP3212 cordless digital telephones Graeme UK diy 7 January 18th 08 04:42 PM
Defective 2.4 GHz digital cordless phone Wolfi Electronics Repair 1 July 6th 07 08:51 PM
Telephones dead JohnR66 Home Repair 3 January 8th 05 11:08 PM
Telephones Geoff Hackett Electronics 2 September 10th 03 03:20 PM