DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Digital cordless telephones (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/353230-digital-cordless-telephones.html)

Jim Hawkins February 19th 13 04:16 PM

Digital cordless telephones

I have BT Synergy 5500 systems on our two landlines, but
my eyesight is no longer good enough to read the tiny blue
LCD displays on the handsets.
Is there a similar system that has decent black-and-white
displays ?

Jim Hawkins

rbel[_2_] February 19th 13 09:05 PM

Digital cordless telephones

On Tue, 19 Feb 2013 16:16:19 -0000, "Jim Hawkins"
wrote:

I have BT Synergy 5500 systems on our two landlines, but
my eyesight is no longer good enough to read the tiny blue
LCD displays on the handsets.
Is there a similar system that has decent black-and-white
displays ?

You may want to have a look at the Siemens Gigaset range. We have the
CS3 units -
http://www.cordless-phones.uk.com/co...aset-c475-twin
The numerals for the important items such as the number you are
dialing appear to be about 7mm in height. The illumination is perhaps
a bit bright for a bedroom but the screen is clear and easy to read. I
believe they are about to be updated so there may be some reasonable
deals available.
--
rbel

alan February 19th 13 09:43 PM

On 19/02/2013 16:16, Jim Hawkins wrote:
I have BT Synergy 5500 systems on our two landlines, but
my eyesight is no longer good enough to read the tiny blue
LCD displays on the handsets.
Is there a similar system that has decent black-and-white
displays ?

Perhaps some of the phones listed on the RNIB web site? Either speaking
phones or those with larger clearer displays
http://www.rnib.org.uk/shop/Pages/Category.aspx?Category=cordless_telephones

http://www.doro.co.uk/Products/Telephones-for-fixed-line/Doro-PhoneEasy-110/

Peter Johnson February 20th 13 12:57 PM

On Tue, 19 Feb 2013 21:05:52 +0000, rbel wrote:

You may want to have a look at the Siemens Gigaset range. We have the
CS3 units -
http://www.cordless-phones.uk.com/co...aset-c475-twin

I'll second that, having just got a S795 set. THey are well made and
stylish IMO.
Can recommend Ligo
(http://www.cordless-phones.uk.com/?u...Black%20Friday)
as a supplier as well.