Posted to uk.d-i-y
rbel[_2_] rbel[_2_] is offline

Default Digital cordless telephones

On Tue, 19 Feb 2013 16:16:19 -0000, "Jim Hawkins"
wrote:

I have BT Synergy 5500 systems on our two landlines, but
my eyesight is no longer good enough to read the tiny blue
LCD displays on the handsets.
Is there a similar system that has decent black-and-white
displays ?

You may want to have a look at the Siemens Gigaset range. We have the
CS3 units -
http://www.cordless-phones.uk.com/co...aset-c475-twin
The numerals for the important items such as the number you are
dialing appear to be about 7mm in height. The illumination is perhaps
a bit bright for a bedroom but the screen is clear and easy to read. I
believe they are about to be updated so there may be some reasonable
deals available.
--
rbel