Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Brainless Senile Yank Firmly under Birdbrain's Thumb! LOL

On Wed, 30 Aug 2017 20:16:13 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

FLUSH yet more of the idiotic DRIVEL

....and nothing's left, again! LOL

--
ItsJoanNotJoann addressing Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
"You're an annoying troll and I'm done with you and your
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default One Brainless Senile Yank for Birdbrain! LOL

On Wed, 30 Aug 2017 21:13:11 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

FLUSH the two idiots' endless sick drivel

--
AndyW addressing Birdbrain:
"Troll or idiot?...
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 30 Aug 2017 21:08:59 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

FLUSH all the incredibly idiotic BLATHER

--
Tony944 addressing Birdbrain Macaw:
"I seen and heard many people but you are on top of list being first class
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cordless telephones

On Wed, 30 Aug 2017 13:10:46 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Monster
wrote:

I've had a TracFone for years then one day I received a notice from them that my analog phone would no longer work so they sent me a new digital one. It's a little Nokia phone and it's quite old now. I don't own a smartass phone and have no desire to. I just want something that makes phone calls. If I want to watch cat videos, I have a computer. ?(?)?

Same here and for my buddies my age. We were all playing golf one day
and I said "let me see your phones". This is what we had.

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/Old%20guy%20phones.jpg

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 30 Aug 2017 21:15:47 +0100, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

On Wed, 30 Aug 2017 21:04:03 +0100, wrote:

On Wed, 30 Aug 2017 20:17:43 +0100, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

I'm self employed and have to fill in precisely TWO figures. Income. Expenditure. That's all. Sometimes if they think someone is filling them in oddly, they'll ask to check stuff, then you just hand them a huge pile of receipts and say, "you add it up".

That would be what we call the schedule C. You add up all of your
expenses and deduct it from your income. This is where you can really
sharpen your pencil to define what an "expense" is.

Then why doesn't everyone use schedule C?

It can only be used to offset business income, not wages.

So it's actually easier if you're self employed over there?

You can certainly write more off than someone only claiming wages. You
do have to pay both sides of the Social Security tax tho. Usually half
of it is hidden and paid by the employer but they understand it and
adjust your wages accordingly.

If you have a sharp pencil and a good imagination you can write off a
lot of things tho. (part of your home and car, phone, power, internet,
equipment depreciation, tools supplies etc)
Then you just pay taxes on what's left. The IRS does make sure you end
up paying some tax but it doesn't have to be much. If you constantly
lose money (pay no tax) they say it is a hobby and they might claw
back all of those deductions.

They even let you deduct the use of your home if it is your office.

Same here, well about a 1/4 of it.

Here it depends on how much of the home you can demonstrate was used
for the business.

Here they assume a fixed percentage. I can claim back for council tax, electricity, gas, water, all sorts. I even get VAT off the petrol I use (and of course all my petrol is used for business and none for holidays :-))

We get a percentage of all home expenses depending on the proportion
of the square footage you claim as "office".

It is best if it is isolated space. I actually got
audited once because I was not showing an office but I was writing off
office expenses. The IRS guy was great in helping me define what my
home office was and how to claim it. I got to write off my whole
computer room/shop. I ended up getting more money back.

What a waste of paperwork. I don't have an office, I have a huge open plan room which is a living room, computer room, office, and parrot aviary. God knows what your tax office would make of that. They'd probably want to see evidence of the parrots making money by breeding.

Here they might disallow the "office" deduction although I have never
heard of them actually coming out and looking at your office. I
offered a picture and he said don't bother, we believe you.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

For example, I'm paying for the education of other people's kids. I don't have kids, and if I did I'd home school them. And I bet you they wouldn't give me a rebate for that either. I
never authorised the payment from my bank account to the local schools, yet it's taken anyway. Perhaps we need a rebellion?

You are an excellent example of why we need to educate our children.

Posted to alt.home.repair

FLUSH the two driveling idiots' endless idiotic drivel
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 31 Aug 2017 05:13:47 -0400, Joe

For example, I'm paying for the education of other people's kids. I don't have kids, and if I did I'd home school them. And I bet you they wouldn't give me a rebate for that either. I
never authorised the payment from my bank account to the local schools, yet it's taken anyway. Perhaps we need a rebellion?

You are an excellent example of why we need to educate our children.

Thank goodness the dullest knife in the drawer didn't reproduce.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL), the Sociopathic Attention Whore

On Thu, 31 Aug 2017 11:52:37 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

You are an excellent example of why we need to educate our children.

You have given no reasoning as to why people should be allowed to have
kids that they cannot afford to educate.

....says, of course, the ****** who KNOWS he will never be able to procreate!
LOL

--
****** Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) about women:
"I don't want one. Easy enough to get one if I wanted one."
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 31 Aug 2017 15:58:07 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

Thank goodness the dullest knife in the drawer didn't reproduce.

Unlike a lot of the population I would only reproduce if the following are all met:
1) I'm good looking
2) I'm 100% healthy
3) I'm rich.

Anyone who brings up kids with **** all money, or passes on bad genes to them, is a ****ing idiot. The world is VASTLY overpopulated, we don't want more dregs.

It's not so much about "reproducing" (which can be avoided easily) but about
being a ridiculous ****** for the rest of your pathetic life, Birdbrain!

--
More of Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) deep thinking:
"Looking at a woman the wrong way is now illegal. Raising your eyebrow at an

Posted to alt.home.repair

Taxed and Spent posted for all of us...

On Wed, 30 Aug 2017 15:46:51 +0100, Unquestionably Confused wrote:

On 8/30/2017 8:34 AM, Mark Lloyd wrote:
On Tue, 29 Aug 2017 18:58:25 +0100, Mark Lloyd wrote:

[snip]

So in an emergency, someone uses a phone booth to call an ambulance,
and they have to pay? Sorry, no coins, somebody dies.

Modern pay phones let you dial 911 without coins.

Anyway I don't mean a per-call charge, but a monthly charge on your bill
regardless of how many calls you made.

As in a surcharge (tax, a rose by any other name) to fund the toys and
goodies the emergency services require to perform their job (and then
some, a LOT of then some).

Maybe they don't do that in the UK, but I'll bet if you look hard enough
you'll find that all your free **** isn't free and, likely, it's just as
****ty as our "free" stuff.

Between the unions (public sector here which represent something on the
order of 34%-35% of the employees vs. = 6.5% of the private sector
workforce) and the notion that there must be some sort of tax or
surcharge affixed to everything the government provides, we at a point
where the bulk of the expense (salaries and benefits) are paid out of
the property and income taxes and everything else is funded by
surcharge. So we're paying all these folks to stand around and do
nothing but wait for our calls and then charge us for responding
(although we're paying, again, in advance).

Think about it. After you pay your income and property taxes, what
interaction with the government can you have that doesn't require
additional fees payable at the time of use/need or is prepaid, ala 9-1-1
surcharge, etc.

Indeed.

And half the time the firemen are just rescuing someone's stupid cat that got "stuck" up a tree. Rescue your own cat ffs! Even a 6 year old boy can climb a tree, you don't need a tax-paid fireman!

but they are sitting around doing nothing anyway. If they happen to be
on a real call, the cat sits in the tree.

As a long time volunteer emergency services disabled professional I really
object to these postings. Walk a mile in my shoes. Go ahead and make
assumptions. I can take it, I'm not a whiner...

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/31/2017 1:34 PM, Tekkie® wrote:
[...]

Are you saying firemen are always out on a call, with nothing held in
reserve? BAH.
Posted to alt.home.repair

posted for all of us...

On Tue, 29 Aug 2017 00:17:02 +0100, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

I've never understood your tax system. It's up to every single individual to do their taxes?! That only happens here if you run your own business. If I work fo someone else, my income tax is subtracted before I get it. Sales tax is removed by the shop, but it's included in the price of the bread. All I see is the bread costs 35p.

We have a very convoluted tax system and I certainly would not defend
it but there are plenty of tax attorneys and accountants who will
fight to their dying breath to preserve it.
It is the way politicians pay back their bribe money too.
People would raise holy hell if you said Exxon was getting a fat check
from the government every year but if they can hide it in the tax
code, nobody notices.
They prop up the real estate business and reward people rich enough to
buy a house by making the mortgage tax deductible. Renters get
screwed. The list goes on.
It makes the process of paying taxes just about as cumbersome as
possible. More than half of the people here need an accountant or a
computer tax program, just to fill out the forms and a good number of
those people will not actually owe any money.
About 45% do not end up owing any income tax at all but they still
need to file to get back the money withheld from their pay.

The ironic thing is we kicked out the brits to get away from unfair
taxes, Then we did it to ourselves.

+1 And thanks for the snippage.

--
Tekkie

Posted to alt.home.repair

[snip]

And half the time the firemen are just rescuing someone's stupid cat
that got "stuck" up a tree. Rescue your own cat ffs! Even a 6 year old
boy can climb a tree, you don't need a tax-paid fireman!

and most (if not all) cats can get down if you let them.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"The hands that help are better far than the lips that pray." [Robert G.
Ingersoll]
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/30/2017 10:21 AM, Taxed and Spent wrote:

[snip]

I like Steve Martin's approach in Roxanne - just flick a can opener a
couple times, and the cat comes running.

I have an electric can opener that makes a unique sound. It is seldom
used for anything except feeding cats. The cats know the sound and come
running.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"The hands that help are better far than the lips that pray." [Robert G.
Ingersoll]
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/30/2017 01:42 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:

[snip]

It probably stopped because the phone service went from analog to all
digital. Similar to what the TV stations did a few years back.

Terrestrial broadcast. IIRC some cable systems still have analog. Mine
stopped last year.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"The hands that help are better far than the lips that pray." [Robert G.
Ingersoll]
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 31 Aug 2017 21:27:23 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

I never had a Pabst phone and the opener on the upper right is long lost...

Pabst is a brewing company. How does this relate to phones?

Look it up, attention whore!

--
More of Birdbrain Macaws's (now "James Wilkinson") strange world:
"Murder kills someone. Speeding does nothing of the sort."
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 31 Aug 2017 21:26:53 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

Why does the middle one look more like a taperecorder? What's with the play buttons?

Yeah, keep setting out those baits, you filthy troll! LOL

--
More of Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) deep thinking:
"There should be no barriers, just big hard cow clearers on the front of
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 31 Aug 2017 21:29:31 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

Last time I called the police it was quite weird, I could hear them
telling each other my location while I was trying to tell them my
location.

Did you ever hear them discuss your psychiatric history in the background,
Birdbrain? BG

--
More from Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) strange world:
"Oh dear. I wasn't sure anyone used trains anymore. They cost more than
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/30/2017 03:10 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:

I don't own a smartass phone and have no desire to. I just want something that makes phone calls. If I want to watch cat videos, I have a computer. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Digital Monster

I don't want one of those either, although it looks like it's getting
harder and harder to not need a smartphone.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"The hands that help are better far than the lips that pray." [Robert G.
Ingersoll]

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/30/2017 07:39 PM, wrote:

[snip]

Same here and for my buddies my age. We were all playing golf one day
and I said "let me see your phones". This is what we had.

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/Old%20guy%20phones.jpg

I know what the little green thing is. I STILL want to pretend it's a
USB flashdrive.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 31 Aug 2017 16:05:10 -0500, Mark Lloyd
wrote:

On 08/30/2017 01:42 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:

[snip]

It probably stopped because the phone service went from analog to all
digital. Similar to what the TV stations did a few years back.

Terrestrial broadcast. IIRC some cable systems still have analog. Mine
stopped last year.

I think virtually all North American cable suppliers have gone to the
encoded digital model - any also providing ultra high speed internet
over the cable HAD to -Just the way the system works.
Posted to alt.home.repair

[snip]

Why does the middle one look more like a taperecorder? What's with the
play buttons?

I once had a phone that was also a music player. While playing music,
the phone would still show battery life and signal strength. However, it
would NOT show the time which is what I really wanted to see.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"The hands that help are better far than the lips that pray." [Robert G.
Ingersoll]
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , says...

On Thu, 31 Aug 2017 22:10:55 +0100, Mark Lloyd wrote:

On 08/30/2017 03:10 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:

I don't own a smartass phone and have no desire to. I just want something that makes phone calls. If I want to watch cat videos, I have a computer. ?(?)?

[8~{} Uncle Digital Monster

I don't want one of those either, although it looks like it's getting
harder and harder to not need a smartphone.

Really? I manage just fine with texts and calls on my phone. I see no urgency to use Facebook while I'm out.

On 08/30/2017 03:10 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:

I don't own a smartass phone and have no desire to. I just want

something that makes phone calls. If I want to watch cat videos, I have
a computer. ?(?)?

[8~{} Uncle Digital Monster

I don't want one of those either, although it looks like it's getting
harder and harder to not need a smartphone.

Really? I manage just fine with texts and calls on my phone. I see
no urgency to use Facebook while I'm out.

I don't use my smart phone for very much. I seldom make any calls.
Today I made 2 to the wife while I was out. First time I called
anyone on it in over 3 months..

I use it for 2 things. One is it has a calander in it I put my
appointments on. The 2nd almost pays for the phone. Walmart has an ap
where you take a pix of the code on the cash register paper and it looks
at advertisements of other stores in the area and if any are lower, they
refund you the difference. Not a whole lot, but usually around $ 2 a
week on about $ 200 worth of stuff we buy.

As Direct TV can be seen on the phone, I guess I could take it with me
to the bathroom while doing my business.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dumb Senile Yanks Firmly under Birdbrain's Thumb, AGAIN! LOL

On Thu, 31 Aug 2017 22:40:45 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

I once had a phone that was also a music player. While playing music,
the phone would still show battery life and signal strength. However, it
would NOT show the time which is what I really wanted to see.

I thought all phones played music.

CUNNING bait, Birdbrain! So innocuous! You're a genius troll, ******! LOL

--
More from Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) strange sociopathic
world:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 31 Aug 2017 22:40:16 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

That's for lighting the herbs.

Driveling idiot!

--
More of Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) strange world:
"I'm comparing being able to tell the difference between 21 and 12 to being
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 31 Aug 2017 22:39:47 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

Really? I manage just fine with texts and calls on my phone. I see no
urgency to use Facebook while I'm out.

IOW, you can't AFFORD one, you dole and welfare whore!

--
More of Birdbrain Macaws's (now "James Wilkinson") strange world:
"Murder kills someone. Speeding does nothing of the sort."
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 31 Aug 2017 22:04:59 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

and most (if not all) cats can get down if you let them.

Indeed.

Yeah, keep your dumb Yank on the hook, Birdbrain! LOL

--
More of Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) deep thinking:
"There should be no barriers, just big hard cow clearers on the front of
trains. Anyone can take their chances and get removed from the gene
pool. And the trains should be fitted with hi-res cameras so the
passengers can enjoy the carnage."
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 31 Aug 2017 22:04:49 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

FLUSH attention whore's insipid drivel

--
More details of Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) sociopathic
life:

Digital cordless telephones Jim Hawkins UK diy 3 February 20th 13 12:57 PM
Philips VOIP3212 cordless digital telephones Graeme UK diy 7 January 18th 08 04:42 PM
Satellite telephones [email protected] UK diy 0 April 18th 06 11:32 AM
Telephones dead JohnR66 Home Repair 3 January 8th 05 11:08 PM
Telephones Geoff Hackett Electronics 2 September 10th 03 03:20 PM