Posted to alt.home.repair
=?iso-8859-15?Q?Tekkie=AE?= =?iso-8859-15?Q?Tekkie=AE?= is offline

Default Cordless telephones

posted for all of us...

On Tue, 29 Aug 2017 20:00:32 -0400, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article ,
says...

So in an emergency, someone uses a phone booth to call an ambulance, and they have to pay? Sorry, no coins, somebody dies.

Have not seen a phone booth in years.

I have not tried it,but they say most cell phones will call 911 even if
they are not activated.

I know it worked long after they supposedly dropped service on my old
Amps66 bag phone. If you dialed 911 it went through and if you tried a
regular number you got a recording telling you to enter a credit card
for a $3 a minute phone call. I carried that in my boat and car until
I stopped getting dial tone. It lasted about 2 years after the
official end of service. I never actually made a call but I would
check it now and then. One day it just stopped.
I thought it was the perfect phone plan and the old Amps66 phone would
get out when your little flip phone showed no service, particularly in
a boat with a marine antenna.

I had one of those too. Yes the phone really worked well. I felt robbed on
the flip phone too because it was terrible.

--
Tekkie