Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Socket wrench sets: SAE or Metric?

On 10/23/2015 10:07 AM, rbowman wrote:
On 10/23/2015 05:16 AM, Jack Goff wrote:
Show me someone who thinks "english" is better than "metric" and I'll
show you an uneducated imbecile.

The metric system, unfortunately, lasted a lot longer than the First
French Republic.

----- volume

If I want to mix up a quart of 50:1 gas for a chainsaw, how many tsp of
oil do I add to a quart of gas?

Using the english system, most of us will need to grab a calculator.

Using the metric system, the problem is trivial and all but the dullest
here could do the math in their head and easily create a 1 litre batch.

The english system is a ****ing mess. To measure volume we got
teaspoons, tablespoons, ounces, cups, pints, quarts, gallons. To convert
between units, most of us need an equivalency table and a calculator.
Sheeeesh!

Metric volume is based on litres. Need to convert from millilitres to
litres? All but the dullest here can do it in their head.

------ length

The english system has fractional and decimal inches, feet, yards,
miles. Conversion between units will have most of us running for a
calculator.

Again, the metric system is easy. Want to convert from millimeters to
kilometers? You guessed it, all but the dullest can perform the
calculation in their head.

-------- weight

The english system has us using ounces, pounds and tons. How many ounces
in a ton? For the answer, most of us here would be scaring up a calculator.

Yet again, the metric system is easy. Need to convert from grams to
kilograms? Piece of cake, no calculator required for all but the dullards.

--------- tap drills

English tap drill sizes? Yah, another ****ing mess! We got letter drills
and number drills and fractional drills. WTF were these short-bussers
thinking? Good grief!

As always, metric is easier. Metric tap drills are all selected from one
metric drill set.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, October 23, 2015 at 11:30:37 AM UTC-4, Ralph Mowery wrote:
"trader_4" wrote in message
Anytime I get my car back from the shop, I loosen the lug nuts and
retighten them to the coorect torque with a torque wrench.

The garage will always make them too tight which makes it difficult to
remove them on the road for a flat and also warps the rotors.

Mark

You would think by now that all the typical places that change
tires would have torque sticks so that it wouldn't happen, but it
does.

The last tires I bought at Tire Discount does that. They rotate the tires
for free and have a big glass window where I can see what they do. It looks
like they use some torque sticks on the air guns and then hand tighten them
with a torque wrench.

Funny story. A friend had wheels put on so tight at a shop that they
were obviously way beyond normal. How exactly he figured that out right
away, I don't remember, but he is very analytic, so I guess he checked
when he got home. So, he goes back and talks to the manager. The manager
assures him they are torqued correctly and to prove it, he whips out the
torque stick, puts in on a wheel nut on his car and says" See, that proves
it was torqued correctly..... Obviously when you have such a limited
understanding, anything is possible.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"trader_4" wrote in message
[...]

I bent the lug wrench that came with the Ody I bought last year while
trying to remove the lug nuts. The last place that took the wheels off
was the place I bought it from: A Honda dealer!

Even they didn't follow the torque specs for the vehicle. Did you know
that the paint pops right off of the lug wrench when it bends?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 23 Oct 2015 11:47:50 -0400, Jack Hammer
wrote:

If I want to mix up a quart of 50:1 gas for a chainsaw, how many tsp of
oil do I add to a quart of gas?

Two caps full
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 22 Oct 2015 23:23:56 -0400, "Ralph Mowery"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 22 Oct 2015 18:58:59 -0400, "Ralph Mowery"
wrote:

Get on down to HF as they have a set on sell for 4.99. 3/8 inch ratchet
and
sockets. About the price of one good socket.

I've got a few cheap socket sets floating around - or remnants of
them. The sockets were crappy, and the ratchets were "knuckle busters"
and I even twisted off a few extensions. Some were from India, some
from China - and none cost over $15 new in a tin box.

I agree the quality is not there. They are good for people that seldom use
tools, such as to put together some home items . Good to carry a set in
the car just incase you need to do a simple repair.

Not worth carrying in the car - gives false sense of security.
Something goes wrong - no problem - I have tools - tool breaks and now
you have bloody knuckles as well as a broken car.

Run across a hard to turn nut and some part of the set may give.

I just bought a HF chain saw sharpner for $ 30, a one similar to it sells at
Northern Tool for aound $ 100 more. I may sharpen a chain twice a year and
the sharpener works fine for that. If I was doing several a week, then
probably beter to get the NT one.

As long as when it fails it does not fail dangerously that is a risk
with no serious downside. You are not depending on it in an emergency.
.
Got the multimeter free with it. Checked it with my Fluke meter and it is
with in tollorance. Good enough for the home owner and someone that may do
some trouble shooting on equipment.
Just don't think I would want to put it across some of the equipment where I
worked that had 480 volt 3 phase and fused at 500 amps.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 23 Oct 2015 07:45:46 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 10/23/2015 7:16 AM, Jack Goff wrote:
Show me someone who thinks "english" is better than "metric" and I'll
show you an uneducated imbecile.

OK, lets see pictures.

You don't have a mirror??? ;}
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 23 Oct 2015 08:38:44 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 10/23/2015 8:11 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Thursday, October 22, 2015 at 6:24:16 PM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I've found that often 13 MM will do 1/2 inch. Wonder
if there are other sizes that do double duty?

I told you in my post, one of the first responses, that some
sizes are close enough and cited 1 1/4" being almost identical to 32mm.
How close they have to be depends on what you're doing, how desperate
you are and how lucky you feel today. I believe someone else posted
a link to a chart, no?

Yes, the chart looks totally useful.

Now, wonder if a metric set will serve
as both, or are there some inch sizes
that are needed in addition?

You NEED both if you work on both metric and imperial.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/23/2015 8:47 AM, Jack Hammer wrote:
On 10/23/2015 10:07 AM, rbowman wrote:
On 10/23/2015 05:16 AM, Jack Goff wrote:
Show me someone who thinks "english" is better than "metric" and I'll
show you an uneducated imbecile.

The metric system, unfortunately, lasted a lot longer than the First
French Republic.

----- volume

If I want to mix up a quart of 50:1 gas for a chainsaw, how many tsp of oil do
I add to a quart of gas?

Using the english system, most of us will need to grab a calculator.

32oz in a quart so 32/50 oz == 16/25
2T = 1oz
3t = 1T
so 6t = 1 oz

16/25 * 6 = 96/25 ~= 4t

The problem most folks have is that they don't *use* these units of measure.
When was the last time you *used* a measuring cup? Measured teaspoon? Etc.
Folks who bake use them constantly and, as such, have no problem remembering
the conversion factors.

You remember how many inches are in a foot, don't you? And feet in a yard?
Are these any LESS difficult to remember than 3t = 1T? Or 4qt = 1G?

Of course not! It's a question of familiarity.

Using the metric system, the problem is trivial and all but the dullest here
could do the math in their head and easily create a 1 litre batch.

Yet, all my european friends have to drag out a *scale* to bake a cake.
The idea of using calibrated *volumes* of ingredients AND TWEAKING THE RECIPES
ACCORDINGLY just seems too complex a concept for them to handle! Do I
*really* want to weigh my eggs and scale all the dry ingredients accordingly?
And, gently dispense them, one at a time, onto a scale until I have
exactly 250g of flour, 100g of sugar, 1.2g of baking powder, etc.
Sure seems a lot easier to just drag out some "calibrated volumes" and
quickly wash them, when done!

The english system is a ****ing mess. To measure volume we got teaspoons,
tablespoons, ounces, cups, pints, quarts, gallons. To convert between units,
most of us need an equivalency table and a calculator. Sheeeesh!

How many SECONDS will it take traveling at 10km/hour to travel 100km?

What time will it be 100 minutes from now? With that, are you any better
equipped to tell me what time it will be 1000 minutes from now?

What will the date be 100 days hence? KNOWING THAT, how easy will it be
to determine the date 1,000 days hence? Have you accounted for potential
leap years in the intervening period?

Aw, gee... time requires us to deal with all these unfortunate conversion
factors -- even the folks who embrace the metric system! Maybe we should
redefine a year to be 1000 days! With 10 months of 100 days, each. Think
of all the 60's, 24's, 30's, 31's, 28's/29's we could do away with!
Why ARBITRARILY tie this unit of time to our rotation around the sun?
How terribly inconvenient for all those school children who will now
have to deal with these weird "factors" in their calculations! Imagine
the distress little Johny must experience when he tries to figure out
how many more days until XMAS... or his birthday... or, when he'll
be able to get his driver's license!

And, all the folks in prison having to deal with those pesky conversions
as they tick off their days until release...

Metric volume is based on litres. Need to convert from millilitres to litres?
All but the dullest here can do it in their head.

How many pints in a quart? *Even* "the DULLEST here" can answer: 2.
How many quarts in a gallon? Again, even the moron in the back row knows
that's 4! Inches in a foot? Feet in a yard? Minutes in an hour?
Seconds in a minute? Hours in a day? Days in a year?

There are always inconvenient calculations in ANY measurement scheme.
And, what's with these pesky irrationals? Who the hell decided that
pi should be such a difficult value to remember? Why aren't the elements
in teh Periodic Table in alphabetical order??

Why not redefine the second to be the time light travels (in a vacuum)
1 meter? Or, a light second to be the distance (in meters) that
light travels in a billion seconds?

Then again, the europeans think a billion is what we call a trillion!
Should we also adopt that terminology?

What about driving on the left vs right? Surely there must be some
scientific, rational "best choice", there! And, should women really
bother to shave their armpits? If the europeans don't, why incur that
extra cost (for supplies) and risk (of cutting oneself)?!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 23 Oct 2015 09:42:47 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 10/23/2015 9:38 AM, wrote:

Can't remember the last time I've had to change a tire on the road -I
think it was on my 1963 Valiant back in about 1971 - with a bumper
jack and no bumper - - - -

Mine was several weeks ago. I had a tire with a
sidewall bulge. Thought it might be good for a
while longer, but was mistaken. Screw jack, and
a space saver spare. But, it did get me to the
tire place the next day.

The 25 inch breaker bar helped remove the lugnuts.

Anytime I get my car back from the shop, I loosen the

lug nuts and retighten them to the coorect torque with a
torque wrench.

The garage will always make them too tight [I just got

a replacement vehicle. Tempted to do that. But,I carry a
breaker bar and torque wrench, so it's not as much an
issue. besides, with aluminum wheels I'd have to recheck
torque at 25 and at 50 miles after I did the recheck. I
learned the hard way, about rechecking. With aluminum
wheels, the lugs tend to not seat correctly. It's necessary
to retorque once or twice after the install.] which makes

--
.
Christopher A. Young

Center posted, like your reply.
-
.
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
. www.lds.org
.
.

Depends on the aluminum wheels. If they have steel conical seats
pressed in they torque the same as steel and have no issues like
loosing torque.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Doing some vehicle work yesterday. SAE socket set
won't work, becuae 10 MM is between 3/8 and 7/16.
And 13 MM is between 1/2 and 9/16.

Suppose I buy metric socket set. Will I have the
same problem workign on English size fasteners?

Do I need to wrench sets in each vehicle?

-
.
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
. www.lds.org
.
.

You could always try one of these:
http://www.thisnext.com/item/B51A76DA/Gator-Grips-Universal-Socket
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 23 Oct 2015 10:05:43 -0700, Don Y
wrote:

How many SECONDS will it take traveling at 10km/hour to travel 100km?

It helps a lot when you remember 100km/hr is about 60mph (a mile a
minute)

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

How many SECONDS will it take traveling at 10km/hour to travel 100km?

It helps a lot when you remember 100km/hr is about 60mph (a mile a
minute)

But that's the point -- familiarity teaches you how to make these
approximations and which approximations are "robust" (for a given
type of calculation).

For highway driving, I tend to average 60mph. I'm in no rush and
not keen on "pushing" the car any harder than necessary -- depart
10 minutes earlier instead of driving 10mph faster!

It's second nature for me to glance at the clock, convert miles to
minutes and arrive at an ETA (in my head). Thereafter, use the
clock as an indication of how much "longer" (in time and miles)
I have to drive. If I'm within 10%, I'm delighted -- no need
to drag out a calculator or rely on a navigation system to provide
me with updates, etc.

If I'm about to paint the roof and need to make a decision as
to whether or not I should lug the 5G container of paint up the ladder
with me -- or split it into smaller "loads", it's relatively easy to
figure 1G = 4qt = 8pt ~= 8lbs. So, 5G paint is AT LEAST 50 pounds
(ignoring the weight of the solids dissolved therein and the bucket
itself). The fact that it's not sold in liters -- which can "easily"
be converted into grams (Q: how many kg can you carry? do you know
this off-hand? Or, did you have to start with english units and
convert to metric in your head??) -- doesn't interfere with my
ability to estimate the weight.

When I was younger, I used to design speaker enclosures. Part of
that task is designing the crossover network (to route specific
frequency ranges to each of the different sized "drivers" in the
enclosure). There, "2 * pi * R" is a common factor in many calculations.
Solve this *once* and you'll never use a calculator again to solve it!

Just like 1G = 8lbs.

How many atoms in 12g of C-12? (Why 12g and not *10*?? : )
Unless you're using this number often, you won't have it
(or even an approximation of it) "handy". OTOH, if you *do*
use it often, that familiarity makes it seem far less of an
"unusual" quantity!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 23 Oct 2015 10:41:07 -0700, Don Y
wrote:

For highway driving, I tend to average 60mph. I'm in no rush and
not keen on "pushing" the car any harder than necessary -- depart
10 minutes earlier instead of driving 10mph faster!

In Florida you will have little old ladies in buicks giving you the
finger if you are only doing 60.
80 is pretty much the standard speed on I-75 and 65 on a rural 2 lane
blacktop. Guys going 60 might be suspected of being drug couriers or
illegal immigrants. You could be talking to the cops.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 23 Oct 2015 15:44:11 -0400, wrote:

On Fri, 23 Oct 2015 11:58:22 -0700, Don Y
wrote:

wrote:

For highway driving, I tend to average 60mph. I'm in no rush and
not keen on "pushing" the car any harder than necessary -- depart
10 minutes earlier instead of driving 10mph faster!

In Florida you will have little old ladies in buicks giving you the
finger if you are only doing 60.
80 is pretty much the standard speed on I-75 and 65 on a rural 2 lane
blacktop. Guys going 60 might be suspected of being drug couriers or
illegal immigrants. You could be talking to the cops.

It's hard to find roads with speed limits above 60MPH in town.
I'd have to drive a long way to get onto an "interstate". Driving
10MPH over the speed limit here *will* get you a ticket -- to the
tune of several hundred dollars.

Given that most roads in town are 45-55MPH, 60 is probably pushing the
limit.

Far different here. The speed limit on rural 2 lane blacktops is 60
and I-75 is 70.

Up here school zones are 35 or 45, normal city streets are 50, urban
corridors are 60, the "ring rode" is 90, most rural rodes are 80, and
main highways are 100. But thats all Kph, not Mph.

The story is told of an american driver being pulled over back in the
pre-metric days on Hwy 85, on the way to the 401, doing 85MPH. He told
the cop he was sure he say a sign saying 85. Cop said it was sure a
good thing they stopped him before he reached the 401.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren wrote:
On Thu, 22 Oct 2015 13:59:28 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

Doing some vehicle work yesterday. SAE socket set
won't work, becuae 10 MM is between 3/8 and 7/16.
And 13 MM is between 1/2 and 9/16.

Suppose I buy metric socket set. Will I have the
same problem workign on English size fasteners?

Do I need to wrench sets in each vehicle?

You buy a "combo set". SAE and Metric. I have sockets and wrenches
in combo sets. It ticks me off American made cars require both.

I've never done anything requiring sockets on my occasional trips
overseas, so I'll ask this question.

Are the socket "drive connection" sizes 1/4", 3/8" and 1/2" squares
there like they are on metric sockets here in the USA or are they metric
sizes?
--
Jeff

Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/23/2015 01:05 PM, Don Y wrote:
32oz in a quart so 32/50 oz == 16/25
2T = 1oz
3t = 1T
so 6t = 1 oz

16/25 * 6 = 96/25 ~= 4t

The problem most folks have is that they don't *use* these units of
measure.
When was the last time you *used* a measuring cup? Measured teaspoon?
Etc.
Folks who bake use them constantly and, as such, have no problem
remembering
the conversion factors.

OMG!

One of the very first concepts learned in engineering school is

**** Keep It Simple ****

This basic concept lowers production costs and reduces the chance for
costly errors.

So if you designed a system of measurement you wouldn't make it an
easy-to-use base 10? Seriously?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/23/2015 2:03 PM, Jack Hammer wrote:
[...]

If I had designed a system of measurement THOUSANDS OF YEARS AGO, I would
probably use things like the length of my forearm, the length of a pace,
etc. I surely wouldn't be counting vibrations of a cesium atom!

With that in mind, factors of two sure seem handy! People readily relate to
"twice as much" and "half as much". What you can carry in ONE hand vs. TWO,
etc. Start talking about factors of 10 and people start wanting to *count*
items lest too much error creep in!

I guess you're assuming no one MEASURED anything before the 1700's?
Nor were they able to build anything with their pre-metric units
of measure (things like the pyramids were obviously built by aliens,
likewise roman aqueducts, etc.).

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
The story is told of an american driver being pulled over back in the

pre-metric days on Hwy 85, on the way to the 401, doing 85MPH. He told
the cop he was sure he say a sign saying 85. Cop said it was sure a
good thing they stopped him before he reached the 401.

This is not a story as I know the fellow and saw the ticket. A boy had just
got his license a month or so before and did get stopped doing 85 on
interstate highway 85 . The speed limit was 65 at that time. He thought
that 85 sign was the speed limit.
Not sure if the cop said anything about good thing he was not on a higher
numbered highway or not.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/23/2015 3:14 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
wrote in message
The story is told of an american driver being pulled over back in the

pre-metric days on Hwy 85, on the way to the 401, doing 85MPH. He told
the cop he was sure he say a sign saying 85. Cop said it was sure a
good thing they stopped him before he reached the 401.

This is not a story as I know the fellow and saw the ticket. A boy had just
got his license a month or so before and did get stopped doing 85 on
interstate highway 85 . The speed limit was 65 at that time. He thought
that 85 sign was the speed limit.
Not sure if the cop said anything about good thing he was not on a higher
numbered highway or not.

I recall driving my future wife and in-laws to a wedding many years ago.
Wedding was scheduled for 1:00PM and we had left with *ample* time
to get there. Of course, as I wasn't driving MY vehicle and didn't
want to risk making a bad impression on the future in-laws, I was
driving VERY "deliberately".

As we pulled into town, I glanced up at sign above bank and saw that
it said "105" -- Crap! How the hell can we be THAT late?? Then,
a few seconds later, said "12:32" -- Well, make up your mind! Is
it 5 after 1 or half past 12??

Never occurred to me that a *temperature* would be that high! :

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 23 Oct 2015 16:37:20 -0400, Tekkie®
wrote:

posted for all of us...

Can't remember the last time I've had to change a tire on the road -I
think it was on my 1963 Valiant back in about 1971 - with a bumper
jack and no bumper - - - -

Where did the jack end up? Under the sub-frame in the wheel well?

I jacked up the car with the jack under the lip of the trunk lid - I
found some chunks of wood in the ditch and jammed them under the car
as I lifted it. The bumpers were off to do body work and prepare for
repaint. Surprizingly there was NO damage to the trunk lid!!!

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Doing some vehicle work yesterday. SAE socket set
won't work, becuae 10 MM is between 3/8 and 7/16.
And 13 MM is between 1/2 and 9/16.

Suppose I buy metric socket set. Will I have the
same problem workign on English size fasteners?

Do I need to wrench sets in each vehicle?

You buy a "combo set". SAE and Metric. I have sockets and wrenches
in combo sets. It ticks me off American made cars require both.

I've never done anything requiring sockets on my occasional trips
overseas, so I'll ask this question.

Are the socket "drive connection" sizes 1/4", 3/8" and 1/2" squares
there like they are on metric sockets here in the USA or are they metric
sizes?

Well, all the socket sets I used in Zambia and in Burkina Faso were
1/4, 3/8, and 1/2 inch. Some came from Germany, some from France, some
from England, some from Japan, and some from China.

When I was service manager with Toyota, all the special service tools
supplied by Toyota from Japan were 1/4, 3/8, or 1/2 inch drive.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/23/2015 06:14 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
This is not a story as I know the fellow and saw the ticket. A boy had just
got his license a month or so before and did get stopped doing 85 on
interstate highway 85 . The speed limit was 65 at that time. He thought
that 85 sign was the speed limit.
Not sure if the cop said anything about good thing he was not on a higher
numbered highway or not.

Did the kids parents actually fall for that cock and bull story?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/23/2015 6:36 PM, Don Y wrote:

I recall driving my future wife and in-laws to a wedding many years ago.
Wedding was scheduled for 1:00PM and we had left with *ample* time
to get there. Of course, as I wasn't driving MY vehicle and didn't
want to risk making a bad impression on the future in-laws, I was
driving VERY "deliberately".

As we pulled into town, I glanced up at sign above bank and saw that
it said "105" -- Crap! How the hell can we be THAT late?? Then,
a few seconds later, said "12:32" -- Well, make up your mind! Is
it 5 after 1 or half past 12??

Never occurred to me that a *temperature* would be that high! :

I thought the electronics on my car went haywire one August day when I
pulled into a rest stop. It was 1:01 in the afternoon., temperature was
101, radio station was 101.1FM That was back in 2001.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/23/2015 09:47 AM, Jack Hammer wrote:
Metric volume is based on litres. Need to convert from millilitres to
litres? All but the dullest here can do it in their head.

If you want to use a system designed for the intellectually challenged,
have at it. It's just a ploy to screw the consumer. When the liquor
industry went from the time honored fifths to 750 ml, the price stayed
the same for 7 ml less booze.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/23/2015 11:05 AM, Don Y wrote:
The problem most folks have is that they don't *use* these units of
measure.
When was the last time you *used* a measuring cup? Measured teaspoon?

About eight hours ago...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/23/2015 6:01 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 10/23/2015 11:05 AM, Don Y wrote:
The problem most folks have is that they don't *use* these units of
measure.
When was the last time you *used* a measuring cup? Measured teaspoon?

About eight hours ago...

Then, chances are, you are at least familiar with *that* unit of measure!

I bake weekly and use measured amounts in many of the meals that I
prepare. So, the idea of converting between units is never something
I think about -- I just *do* it.

Items that require certain amounts (e.g., the detergent used to wash
the car; herbicide used in the yard; insecticide used around the house;
etc.) each have dedicated little "measuring cups" neatly labeled and
stored with each of these items to make the NEXT use simple.

[I have no desire to risk cross contamination from one of these
substances with any other! And, the amounts involved are often
on the order of an ounce or so. Many products that we purchase
come with "complementary" plastic measuring cups -- INTENDED for
use with that particular product (e.g., the protein powder that
I periodically drink). Instead of using it for that product, put
it in a drawer for the NEXT product that "needs" a dedicated
measuring cup!]

Note that many items that are diluted like this have already been
formulated to make these ratios/amounts convenient (for US units
of measure). E.g., the car wash detergent is 1:128 -- so, 1 oz in
1 gallon of water; not 1 in 100 (as you'd expect in a metric world!).
I'm sure it just causes the manufacturer to add more/less of
certain ingredients (water?!) to the product when they sell it!

The annoying things are those like chlorine bleach that has to be
diluted by some oddball amount to achieve the concentration I've
been used to using for the past eternity!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/23/2015 04:36 PM, Don Y wrote:
As we pulled into town, I glanced up at sign above bank and saw that
it said "105" -- Crap! How the hell can we be THAT late?? Then,
a few seconds later, said "12:32" -- Well, make up your mind! Is
it 5 after 1 or half past 12??

I'm more at ease with metric than I will admit but centigrade still
throws me, particularly when they're bitching about being cold a 5
degrees and I realize they're talking about shirt sleeve weather.