Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural

Default NOTICE: Upgrade your Socket Sets Now

October 15, 2007

OFFICIAL NOTICE:

Just announced. As of this date, everyone who uses socket sets must
upgrade their set. This is required for all socket set brands
manufactured prior to October 15, 2007. This includes both SAE and
Metric sets. Without this upgrade, your sockets will no longer fit
nuts and bolts. It's easy to upgrade. You can download your upgrade
in minutes by going to: www.toolupgradecenter.com/sockets. You can
pay online with any major credit card. The cost is only $29.95 per
socket set, payable to "Tool Upgrade Center". Once the download is
complete, simply plug your socket set adaptor into any USB 2.0 port
and click ENTER. That's all there is to it. Your socket tools will
perform three to five times faster than before, will turn using your
computer and mouse, and will be compatible with all machines currently
manufactured. Your socket set will continue to work on older
machinery and your upgrade is downward compatible.

Once on our website, you can pre-upgrade your hammers if you choose to
do so now. All hammers will require an upgrade on November 1, 2007 or
they will no longer be compatible with any nails. Your upgrade will
make your hammer perform up to ten times faster, and will allow
automated hammering from your keyboard, using your up and down arrow
keys. Upgrading is easy, and you can download your upgrade in
minutes. Simply go to: www.toolupgradecenter.com/hammers. The cost
on November 1, 2007 will be $29.95 per hammer, but if you upgrade
prior to that date, and combine your upgrade with your socket set
upgrade, the cost is only $19.95 per hammer, a huge savings of $10.
Upgrade today.

* System Requirements - Online upgrades require Microsoft Windows
98se, ME, 2K, XP or Vista, a pentium III or higher with at least
256megs ram, 22gigs of hard drive space, CDrom, and a USB 2.0 port
with tool adaptor, and a registered copy of any version of Microsoft
Office.

Tool Upgrade Center
www.toolupgradecenter.com/home

Yours Truely

Robert J. Tool (Company President)

------
Please forward this important message to all your friends and
neighbors. Our goal is to upgrade all socket sets and hammers by the
end of 2007.
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural

In article ,
wrote:

[...]

No Mac version? I guess that means my tools will still work, then. I'm
sure not going to buy a freaking PC just so I can use my socket set and
hammer.
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural
Jim Jim is offline

wrote:

October 15, 2007

OFFICIAL NOTICE:

Just announced. As of this date, everyone who uses socket sets must
upgrade their set. This is required for all socket set brands
manufactured prior to October 15, 2007. This includes both SAE and
Metric sets. Without this upgrade, your sockets will no longer fit
nuts and bolts.

are these the new ones made to fit the varying nut and bolt
sizes produced in china? the new product line, not exactly SAE
while also not exactly metric. actually their consistency
reflects no particular standard. adjustable sockets?

It's easy to upgrade. You can download your upgrade
in minutes by going to:
www.toolupgradecenter.com/sockets. You can
pay online with any major credit card. The cost is only $29.95 per
socket set, payable to "Tool Upgrade Center". Once the download is
complete, simply plug your socket set adaptor into any USB 2.0 port
and click ENTER. That's all there is to it. Your socket tools will
perform three to five times faster than before, will turn using your
computer and mouse, and will be compatible with all machines currently
manufactured. Your socket set will continue to work on older
machinery and your upgrade is downward compatible.

Once on our website, you can pre-upgrade your hammers if you choose to
do so now. All hammers will require an upgrade on November 1, 2007 or
they will no longer be compatible with any nails.

I'd not given any consideration to how china could manage
to mess up a nail.

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural

wrote:
[...]

What will this do for farmers? If something can't be fixed with
vise grips, pliers, or a crescent wrench it's not worth fixing.

Dean

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural

According to :
Tool Upgrade Center
www.toolupgradecenter.com/home

The least he could have done is have a working web site...

Even the end of the internet has one: http://www.romlist.com/end/
--
Chris Lewis,

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural

wrote in message
October 15, 2007

OFFICIAL NOTICE:

Just announced. As of this date, everyone who uses socket sets must
upgrade their set.

I have a piece of steel pipe that would like to say hello to your kneecaps.

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural

On Oct 16, 5:40 am, Dean Hoffman wrote:
wrote:
[...]

----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =----- Hide quoted text -

But those tools are useless without the needed baling wire.

Harry K

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural

On Oct 16, 7:14 am, "JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:
wrote in message

October 15, 2007

OFFICIAL NOTICE:

Just announced. As of this date, everyone who uses socket sets must
upgrade their set.

I have a piece of steel pipe that would like to say hello to your kneecaps.

I bet if you upgrade it, it will hit a bit higher.

Harry K

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural

ups.com...
wrote in message

October 15, 2007

OFFICIAL NOTICE:

Just announced. As of this date, everyone who uses socket sets must
upgrade their set.

I have a piece of steel pipe that would like to say hello to your
kneecaps.

I bet if you upgrade it, it will hit a bit higher.

Harry K

Later. I'm headed to the basement to gather all my crappy Snap-On tools and
throw them in the trash.

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural

Tool Upgrade Center

www.VillageIdiotCensusCenter.com/home

--
SPAM bots eat me!
From: Reply-to:
From: Reply-to:
From: Reply-to:
From: Reply-to:
From: abuse@localhost Reply-to: abuse@localhost
From: Reply-to:
From: Reply-to:

This link puts the spam bots into a loop:
http://www.hostedscripts.com/scripts/antispam.html

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural

On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 02:59:35 -0500, rjtool wrote:

[...]

I think someone has a socket loose himself. At least the light is no
longer on.
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural

Does this have anything to do with the analog shutdown in 2009? Are you
saying that my analog wrenchs are no good? I have to upgrade to digital? I
just bought them! and no one told me! I know screwdrivers are digital (+
and -) but now wrenchs? When will the madness stop?

Wheres the government? DO I get any $40 voucher for a wrench converter? this
is so unacceptable. Somebody is going to hear about it.

Once I convert will I be able to get Hidef wrenchs? Do I have to buy any
special cables from the cable mafia in order to use my Hidef wrench?

Can someone provide a link to the FAQ page? Thanks for letting me rant.

C. Little

wrote in message
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

I have a piece of steel pipe that would like to say hello to your kneecaps.

Enough of this fool JoeSpareBedroom.

PLONK

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural

wrote:

[...]

ROTFL.

8.75 on a scale of 1 to 10.

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural

Dean Hoffman wrote:

What will this do for farmers? If something can't be fixed with
vise grips, pliers, or a crescent wrench it's not worth fixing.

Dean

Dean,

I agree, but lately I've found I need a metric crescent wrench too.

Oh, and a BFH is always handy.

Steve
41N
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural

wrote:

[...]

and what about the DRM? Will your hammer explode if used with the
wrong nails?

* System Requirements - Online upgrades require Microsoft Windows
98se, ME, 2K, XP or Vista, a pentium III or higher with at least
256megs ram, 22gigs of hard drive space, CDrom, and a USB 2.0 port
with tool adaptor, and a registered copy of any version of Microsoft
Office.

Tool Upgrade Center
www.toolupgradecenter.com/home

Yours Truely

Robert J. Tool (Company President)

------
Please forward this important message to all your friends and
neighbors. Our goal is to upgrade all socket sets and hammers by the
end of 2007.

[BONG!!!]

HAMMER.EXE is not properly communicating with NAIL.DLL. This may be
because an old version of THUMB.COM is returning error code 0x4F554348
and will be shut down. If the problem persists, please contact
Microtool Corporation customer assistance. Allow 6 to 8 months for a
reply.
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural

On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 17:26:30 GMT, "jmagerl"
wrote:

Does this have anything to do with the analog shutdown in 2009? Are you
saying that my analog wrenchs are no good?

Contrary to popular belief, analog wrenches will still work. However,
you will have to use special nuts and bolts imported from the
horsehead nebula. These will be reasonably priced, but the shipping
charges are really high.

I have to upgrade to digital? I
just bought them! and no one told me! I know screwdrivers are digital (+
and -) but now wrenchs?

There's the * ones too.

When will the madness stop?

"But the emperor doesn't have any clothes on!".

Wheres the government? DO I get any $40 voucher for a wrench converter? this
is so unacceptable. Somebody is going to hear about it.

You're supposed to as long as you don't have any monkey wrenches.
However, I hear president shrub is trying to do away with the voucher
program because it would be too helpful.

Once I convert will I be able to get Hidef wrenchs? Do I have to buy any
special cables from the cable mafia in order to use my Hidef wrench?

Hidef wrenches will work best with HDTI (High Definition Tool
Interface) cables. Buy cables that support HDUP (High Definition
Usability Prevention).

Can someone provide a link to the FAQ page? Thanks for letting me rant.

C. Little

[snip]
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural

In article ,
jJim McLaughlin wrote:

ROTFL.

8.75 on a scale of 1 to 10.

Uh, don't you mean 8.7.5?
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural

On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 13:37:45 -0500, Steve IA
wrote:

Dean Hoffman wrote:

What will this do for farmers? If something can't be fixed with
vise grips, pliers, or a crescent wrench it's not worth fixing.

Dean

Dean,

I agree, but lately I've found I need a metric crescent wrench too.

Oh, and a BFH is always handy.

Steve
41N

I just bought some nails that are made in China and it said I MUST use
a metric hammer. Of course I never had one, so I had to go and spend
$30 for one. I complained a few months back when I had to purchase a
metric vice grips since the instruction manual that came with some
China made bolts claimed that my SAE vice grip would not clamp tightly
onto metric bolts. Of course the manual was written in chineese and I
had to spend $79.99 to have a language translator convert the manual
to english. If that was not bad enough, when I tried to fax the
chineese version of the manual to the translator, my fax machine would
not accept the new metric paper I had purchased and I had to go back
to the office supply and buy new paper. On the way to the store, I
ran out of gas and discovered that my obsolete gas can labelled in
gallons would not accept the nozzle at the gas pump which had been
changed to a metric nozzle. With gasoline all over the outside of my
gas can, my shoes, pants, and legs saturated, I found my skin burning
and called 911 on my cellphone. I received a recorded message that
stated "the telephone number 911 has been changed to a metric number,
please try again"...........

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural

On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 02:59:45 +1300, Peter Huebner
wrote:

In article ,
says...

Does this have anything to do with the analog shutdown in 2009? Are you
saying that my analog wrenchs are no good? I have to upgrade to digital? I
just bought them! and no one told me! I know screwdrivers are digital (+
and -) but now wrenchs? When will the madness stop?

I hope it stops before we have to convert the wenches to digital! I
definitively prefer my wenches analog.

-P.

You should hope so. The new digital wrenches are coming out with
product deactivation (mistakenly called "activation"). Particularly
avoid any wrench marked "Designed for Windows Vista".
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural

On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 02:59:45 +1300, Peter Huebner
wrote:

In article ,
says...

Does this have anything to do with the analog shutdown in 2009? Are you
saying that my analog wrenchs are no good? I have to upgrade to digital? I
just bought them! and no one told me! I know screwdrivers are digital (+
and -) but now wrenchs? When will the madness stop?

I hope it stops before we have to convert the wenches to digital! I
definitively prefer my wenches analog.

-P.

DING! WRENCH.EXE has detected the nut at 0x8000FFFE can not be
"turned". Your wrench will now be shut down (error code 0x57443430).
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
Do they have a serial port adapter, I have an old socket set.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

Yes they do but it only communicates with CP/M machines.

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural

In article ,
Harry wrote:

On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 02:59:45 +1300, Peter Huebner
wrote:

In article ,
says...

Does this have anything to do with the analog shutdown in 2009? Are you
saying that my analog wrenchs are no good? I have to upgrade to digital? I
just bought them! and no one told me! I know screwdrivers are digital (+
and -) but now wrenchs? When will the madness stop?

I hope it stops before we have to convert the wenches to digital! I
definitively prefer my wenches analog.

-P.

You should hope so. The new digital wrenches are coming out with
product deactivation (mistakenly called "activation"). Particularly
avoid any wrench marked "Designed for Windows Vista".

Wench! The man said wench and I believe that's what he meant.

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural

On Oct 16, 7:40 am, Dean Hoffman wrote:
wrote:
[...]

You forgot C-Clamp and bailing wire!

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural

On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 18:24:56 -0400, morenuf
wrote:

In article ,
John E wrote:

On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 02:59:45 +1300, Peter Huebner
wrote:

In article ,
says...

Does this have anything to do with the analog shutdown in 2009? Are you
saying that my analog wrenchs are no good? I have to upgrade to digital? I
just bought them! and no one told me! I know screwdrivers are digital (+
and -) but now wrenchs? When will the madness stop?

I hope it stops before we have to convert the wenches to digital! I
definitively prefer my wenches analog.

-P.

DING! WRENCH.EXE has detected the nut at 0x8000FFFE can not be
"turned". Your wrench will now be shut down (error code 0x57443430).

Give someone 2.54cm and they will take 1.609 Km every time!
Morenuf

That reminds me of something I heard about a football player being on
the 46.154 meter line.

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"God was invented by man for a reason, that
reason is no longer applicable."
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural

On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 19:17:52 -0700, Smitty Two
wrote:

In article ,
Harry wrote:

On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 02:59:45 +1300, Peter Huebner
wrote:

In article ,
says...

Does this have anything to do with the analog shutdown in 2009? Are you
saying that my analog wrenchs are no good? I have to upgrade to digital? I
just bought them! and no one told me! I know screwdrivers are digital (+
and -) but now wrenchs? When will the madness stop?

I hope it stops before we have to convert the wenches to digital! I
definitively prefer my wenches analog.

-P.

You should hope so. The new digital wrenches are coming out with
product deactivation (mistakenly called "activation"). Particularly
avoid any wrench marked "Designed for Windows Vista".

Wench! The man said wench and I believe that's what he meant.

Currently wenches are activated by inserting a digital key...
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural

wrote:

[...]

According to my ASCII chart, that error code seems to be saying
something. I'm reminded of the FORTRAN class I had in college, where 4
character codes were often fit into a 32-bit number.

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"God was invented by man for a reason, that
reason is no longer applicable."

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural

In article ,
Harry wrote:

On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 19:17:52 -0700, Smitty Two
wrote:

In article ,
Harry wrote:

On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 02:59:45 +1300, Peter Huebner
wrote:

In article ,
says...

Does this have anything to do with the analog shutdown in 2009? Are you
saying that my analog wrenchs are no good? I have to upgrade to
digital? I
just bought them! and no one told me! I know screwdrivers are digital
(+
and -) but now wrenchs? When will the madness stop?

I hope it stops before we have to convert the wenches to digital! I
definitively prefer my wenches analog.

-P.

You should hope so. The new digital wrenches are coming out with
product deactivation (mistakenly called "activation"). Particularly
avoid any wrench marked "Designed for Windows Vista".

Wench! The man said wench and I believe that's what he meant.

Currently wenches are activated by inserting a digital key...

Although you might know the key by another name:

http://www.whowantsabalti.com/funpic...y/cashback.jpg
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural

In article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

ups.com...
wrote in message

October 15, 2007

OFFICIAL NOTICE:

Just announced. As of this date, everyone who uses socket sets must
upgrade their set.

I have a piece of steel pipe that would like to say hello to your
kneecaps.

I bet if you upgrade it, it will hit a bit higher.

Harry K

Later. I'm headed to the basement to gather all my crappy Snap-On tools and
throw them in the trash.

I'll be right over and haul them to the trash for you. : )

Jan
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural

wrote:
[...]

News==----http://www.newsfeeds.comThe #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
120,000+ Newsgroups

But those tools are useless without the needed baling wire.

Harry K

We use baler twine these days here. But we still keep a roll of duct
tape in each rig and in each shop on the ranch.

Jan

VERY IMPORTANT NOTICE [email protected] Home Repair 1 May 9th 07 03:33 PM
*** OFFICIAL NOTICE *** [email protected] Home Repair 2 December 27th 06 04:16 PM
Consumer Notice ? john Home Ownership 20 August 20th 06 05:41 PM
building notice Tim Smith UK diy 4 June 1st 05 09:01 PM