Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Socket wrench sets: SAE or Metric?

On Fri, 23 Oct 2015 13:01:37 -0400, wrote:

I agree the quality is not there. They are good for people that seldom use
tools, such as to put together some home items . Good to carry a set in
the car just incase you need to do a simple repair.

Not worth carrying in the car - gives false sense of security.
Something goes wrong - no problem - I have tools - tool breaks and now
you have bloody knuckles as well as a broken car.

I agree. Even dumber is when I hear people say they carry a cheap set
of tools on the boat.
You may only have one chance to get things going and if you round off
a bolt with that cheap Harbor Fright wrench, you are in worse trouble
than you were in before.