Posted to alt.home.repair

Default never used a socket wrench

I have a few hex screws that i would like to remove. I bought a bit
for my drill at home depot and lost it on the way home. I remembered
that i had an old socket wrench set. Could someone tell me how this
works? I see at the 'head' of the rachet a turning figure, but don't
know its purpose. I assume they work on the same principle of clock
wise and counter clock wise...turning it counter clock wise had no
effect...what is the purpose of that 'turning lever' on the head? I
manipulated it to see if i get any effect, especially counter clock
wise, but there was no friction. Yes, at least i know that i have the
proper size, cause i felt the tension tightening it..
Posted to alt.home.repair

I can't wait to see the replies to this one.

Sorry that I cannot assist.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Frenchie wrote the following:
I have a few hex screws that i would like to remove. I bought a bit
for my drill at home depot and lost it on the way home. I remembered
that i had an old socket wrench set. Could someone tell me how this
works? I see at the 'head' of the rachet a turning figure, but don't
know its purpose. I assume they work on the same principle of clock
wise and counter clock wise...turning it counter clock wise had no
effect...what is the purpose of that 'turning lever' on the head? I
manipulated it to see if i get any effect, especially counter clock
wise, but there was no friction. Yes, at least i know that i have the
proper size, cause i felt the tension tightening it..

Turn one way to unscrew bolts, turn the other way to screw in bolts.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/22/2011 11:11 AM, Tony Hwang wrote:

Frenchie wrote:
I have a few hex screws that i would like to remove. I bought a bit
for my drill at home depot and lost it on the way home. I remembered
that i had an old socket wrench set. Could someone tell me how this
works? I see at the 'head' of the rachet a turning figure, but don't
know its purpose. I assume they work on the same principle of clock
wise and counter clock wise...turning it counter clock wise had no
effect...what is the purpose of that 'turning lever' on the head? I
manipulated it to see if i get any effect, especially counter clock
wise, but there was no friction. Yes, at least i know that i have the
proper size, cause i felt the tension tightening it..

Hi,
Troll!

Either that or incredibly dumb
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/22/2011 9:21 AM, Frenchie wrote:
I have a few hex screws that i would like to remove. I bought a bit
for my drill at home depot and lost it on the way home. I remembered
that i had an old socket wrench set. Could someone tell me how this
works? I see at the 'head' of the rachet a turning figure, but don't
know its purpose. I assume they work on the same principle of clock
wise and counter clock wise...turning it counter clock wise had no
effect...what is the purpose of that 'turning lever' on the head? I
manipulated it to see if i get any effect, especially counter clock
wise, but there was no friction. Yes, at least i know that i have the
proper size, cause i felt the tension tightening it..

Dear Frenchie:

Righty tighty, lefty loosey.
Words to live by.

HellT

Grow up people....Europe has much more open and saner views on sex,
nuditiy, marriage, etc.....too bad Americans won't or can't learn

this....

That's because in Europe their sex is all metric and ours
is *standard* and just doesn't fit their openings. Ever
try it? You turn and turn the sockets but they just skip
without grabbing. It's a good way to strip your nuts if
you ask me.
-- PMS
Posted to alt.home.repair

Frenchie wrote:
I have a few hex screws that i would like to remove. I bought a bit
for my drill at home depot and lost it on the way home. I remembered
that i had an old socket wrench set. Could someone tell me how this
works? I see at the 'head' of the rachet a turning figure, but don't
know its purpose. I assume they work on the same principle of clock
wise and counter clock wise...turning it counter clock wise had no
effect...what is the purpose of that 'turning lever' on the head? I
manipulated it to see if i get any effect, especially counter clock
wise, but there was no friction. Yes, at least i know that i have the
proper size, cause i felt the tension tightening it..

Hi,
Troll!

Either that or incredibly dumb

Prolly one of them Mormons.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Frenchie" wrote in message
I have a few hex screws that i would like to remove. I bought a bit
for my drill at home depot and lost it on the way home. I remembered
that i had an old socket wrench set. Could someone tell me how this
works? I see at the 'head' of the rachet a turning figure, but don't
know its purpose. I assume they work on the same principle of clock
wise and counter clock wise...turning it counter clock wise had no
effect...what is the purpose of that 'turning lever' on the head? I
manipulated it to see if i get any effect, especially counter clock
wise, but there was no friction. Yes, at least i know that i have the
proper size, cause i felt the tension tightening it..

Have another glass of Chablis my dear.
Now try some chardonnay.
Now some merlot.
Now some Ripple.
And some Beaujolais.
Repeat as needed.

The problem will dissolve before your eyes.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

Frenchie wrote:
I have a few hex screws that i would like to remove. I bought a bit
for my drill at home depot and lost it on the way home. I remembered
that i had an old socket wrench set. Could someone tell me how this
works? I see at the 'head' of the rachet a turning figure, but don't
know its purpose. I assume they work on the same principle of clock
wise and counter clock wise...turning it counter clock wise had no
effect...what is the purpose of that 'turning lever' on the head? I
manipulated it to see if i get any effect, especially counter clock
wise, but there was no friction. Yes, at least i know that i have the
proper size, cause i felt the tension tightening it..
Hi,
Troll!

Either that or incredibly dumb

Prolly one of them Mormons.

WAIT! WAIT! INCOMING PROPHESY .............................

Posted to alt.home.repair

Frenchie wrote:
I have a few hex screws that i would like to remove. I bought a bit
for my drill at home depot and lost it on the way home. I remembered
that i had an old socket wrench set. Could someone tell me how this
works? I see at the 'head' of the rachet a turning figure, but don't
know its purpose. I assume they work on the same principle of clock
wise and counter clock wise...turning it counter clock wise had no
effect...what is the purpose of that 'turning lever' on the head? I
manipulated it to see if i get any effect, especially counter clock
wise, but there was no friction. Yes, at least i know that i have the
proper size, cause i felt the tension tightening it..
Hi,
Troll!

Either that or incredibly dumb

Prolly one of them Mormons.

Prolly is a Mormon? I've been wondering who this Prolly woman is all over
the Internet. It is a woman right? Does she have a last name or is it like
Cher and Madonna?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Frenchie wrote:

I have a few hex screws that i would like to remove. I bought a bit
for my drill at home depot and lost it on the way home. I remembered
that i had an old socket wrench set. Could someone tell me how this
works? I see at the 'head' of the rachet a turning figure, but don't
know its purpose.

Try the old car repair book, How To Keep Your Volkswagon Alive. It
shows all the basics and even warns the reader to not eat the wrench.
Posted to alt.home.repair

As a mechanic I once had a woman as an assistant, when ever she used a
wrench to loosen or tighten a nut she would sing...RIGHTY
TIGHTY....LEFTY LOOSEY....
$15.00 per hour....equal rights.....

On 9/22/2011 10:21 AM, Frenchie wrote:
I have a few hex screws that i would like to remove. I bought a bit
for my drill at home depot and lost it on the way home. I remembered
that i had an old socket wrench set. Could someone tell me how this
works? I see at the 'head' of the rachet a turning figure, but don't
know its purpose. I assume they work on the same principle of clock
wise and counter clock wise...turning it counter clock wise had no
effect...what is the purpose of that 'turning lever' on the head? I
manipulated it to see if i get any effect, especially counter clock
wise, but there was no friction. Yes, at least i know that i have the
proper size, cause i felt the tension tightening it..

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 24, 9:50*pm, jimmy wrote:
As a mechanic I once had a woman as an assistant, when ever she used a
wrench to loosen or tighten a nut she would sing...RIGHTY
TIGHTY....LEFTY LOOSEY....
$15.00 per hour....equal rights.....

Hot on the left, cold on the right.

Words to live by.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 22 Sep 2011 07:21:09 -0700 (PDT), Frenchie
wrote:

I have a few hex screws that i would like to remove. I bought a bit
for my drill at home depot and lost it on the way home. I remembered
that i had an old socket wrench set. Could someone tell me how this
works? I see at the 'head' of the rachet a turning figure, but don't
know its purpose. I assume they work on the same principle of clock
wise and counter clock wise...turning it counter clock wise had no
effect...what is the purpose of that 'turning lever' on the head? I
manipulated it to see if i get any effect, especially counter clock
wise, but there was no friction. Yes, at least i know that i have the
proper size, cause i felt the tension tightening it..

That thing is called a Rat ****. You can only use it if there are
rats in your garage.