Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default never used a socket wrench

Frenchie wrote:
I have a few hex screws that i would like to remove. I bought a bit
for my drill at home depot and lost it on the way home. I remembered
that i had an old socket wrench set. Could someone tell me how this
works? I see at the 'head' of the rachet a turning figure, but don't
know its purpose. I assume they work on the same principle of clock
wise and counter clock wise...turning it counter clock wise had no
effect...what is the purpose of that 'turning lever' on the head? I
manipulated it to see if i get any effect, especially counter clock
wise, but there was no friction. Yes, at least i know that i have the
proper size, cause i felt the tension tightening it..

Hi,
Troll!