Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Thin profile socket/ratchet wrench needed

Hello,

I am trying to find a wrench that will will drive a 5/16" hex screw. I
would like a ratcheting type wrench. It should not be a right angled
wrench but a straight one. I only have about 2/3" clearance to work
with.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Mike
Posted to alt.home.repair

I use a nut driver to drive that type of head. There are also nut
drivers with a 1/4" hex shaft on the other end that can be inserted
into an impact driver. Plenty of power there.

On Wed, 13 May 2009 19:51:55 -0700 (PDT), eljainc
wrote:

Hello,

I am trying to find a wrench that will will drive a 5/16" hex screw. I
would like a ratcheting type wrench. It should not be a right angled
wrench but a straight one. I only have about 2/3" clearance to work
with.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Mike

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

wrote:

Hello,

I am trying to find a wrench that will will drive a 5/16" hex screw. I
would like a ratcheting type wrench. It should not be a right angled
wrench but a straight one. I only have about 2/3" clearance to work
with.

I can't follow you at all, not right angled, straight, socket.

But Home Depot for a while had and probalby still has in the tool
department a socket wrench handle that would also twist the socket by
twisting the handle, so no motion was needed by the handle itself.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Mike

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Hello,

I am trying to find a wrench that will will drive a 5/16" hex screw. I
would like a ratcheting type wrench. It should not be a right angled
wrench but a straight one. I only have about 2/3" clearance to work
with.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Mike

Here is one solution.
http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item....re&dir=catalog
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 13, 10:51*pm, eljainc wrote:
Hello,

I am trying to find a wrench that will will drive a 5/16" hex screw. I
would like a ratcheting type wrench. It should not be a right angled
wrench but a straight one. I only have about 2/3" clearance to work
with.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Mike

Get a side terminal battery wrench. Most auto parts stores sell them.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...0VGA&Submit=Go

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 13, 10:51*pm, eljainc wrote:
I am trying to find a wrench that will will drive a 5/16" hex screw. I
would like a ratcheting type wrench. It should not be a right angled
wrench but a straight one. I only have about 2/3" clearance to work
with.

In those cases I just suck it up and grab the regular old combination
wrench. Takes longer, but takes less time and money than searching for
a specialty tool to do the job "conveniently."

While you're sitting here waiting for someone to recommend the magic
tool, I'm done tightening the screw and I'm off to my next job.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Auto parts store, get a battery terminal wrench. They come
in 5/16 or 10mm.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"eljainc" wrote in message
Hello,

I am trying to find a wrench that will will drive a 5/16"
hex screw. I
would like a ratcheting type wrench. It should not be a
right angled
wrench but a straight one. I only have about 2/3" clearance
to work
with.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Mike

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Hello,

I am trying to find a wrench that will will drive a 5/16" hex screw. I
would like a ratcheting type wrench. It should not be a right angled
wrench but a straight one. I only have about 2/3" clearance to work
with.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Mike

Here is one solution.
http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item....re&dir=catalog

That's the perfect solution. I believe Craftsman makes a similar series of
tools.