Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Socket wrench sets: SAE or Metric?

On Fri, 23 Oct 2015 16:37:20 -0400, Tekkie®
wrote:

posted for all of us...

Can't remember the last time I've had to change a tire on the road -I
think it was on my 1963 Valiant back in about 1971 - with a bumper
jack and no bumper - - - -

Where did the jack end up? Under the sub-frame in the wheel well?

I jacked up the car with the jack under the lip of the trunk lid - I
found some chunks of wood in the ditch and jammed them under the car
as I lifted it. The bumpers were off to do body work and prepare for
repaint. Surprizingly there was NO damage to the trunk lid!!!