Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - To Stormin Mormon

On 11/6/2013 7:33 PM, RobertMacy wrote:

you can also push start an automatic. had it done to me once when no
jumper cables around. First, slightly apply the brake to maintain good
contact else a gap can be devastating and have to start over. put in
drive, not low, get up to around 25 to 30 and STARTS right away, once
dried out the massive flooding that had happened.

I remember the night the clutch cable on my Chevette
snapped about half past midnight. I figured it out
after a while. Shift in neutral. Start the engine.
Push like everything, and got it going about 1 MPH.
jump in, cram the shift into first. Goose the gas, and
put the flashers on. Got me to the repair garage. Walk
home from the garage.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/6/2013 7:33 PM, RobertMacy wrote:
On Wed, 06 Nov 2013 16:50:55 -0700, Oren wrote:

On Wed, 6 Nov 2013 16:01:08 -0500, "dadiOH"
wrote:

Do you mean a push start, assuming a manual transmission?

Yeah, push. Kinda jumped when I let the clutch out though

I've push started vehicles with standard shift.
No fun, but it can be done. Helped start a farm
tractor that way, one time, also. Pull it around
with a yet larger tractor, until it starts.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

SurvivalBlog.com http://www.survivalblog.com/index.html

The Daily Web Log for Prepared Individuals Living in Uncertain Times.

Monday, October 21, 2013

Surviving The E.R., by J. in Montana

http://www.survivalblog.com/2013/10/-surviving-the-er-by-j-in-montana.html

http://www.survivalblog.com/2013/10/-surviving-the-er-by-j-in-montana.html
| Print
http://www.survivalblog.com/2013/10/_surviving_the_er_by_j_in_montana.html

This article will focus on the latter half of the
oft used phrase The End of the World As We Know It.
Operative portion being "As We Know It."

As an emergency room (ER) nurse, I have the
perspective of seeing on a daily basis, for
patients and family members of patients, the
end of their world as they know it. While the
world keeps turning for everyone else, a tragic
disaster unfolds for them and life will never
be the same. I offer this article from the
perspective of one who has seen a wide range of
traumatic events and peoples reaction to those
events, with the intention of helping to make
these family-scale catastrophes less traumatic
and painful, and perhaps even decrease their
frequency or severity.

First, a caveat, this is geared primarily for
the US healthcare system. I have lived, worked,
and traveled abroad and seen some of how other
countries operate and much of what follows will
be applicable to those other systems, but there
will be small operational differences. Your
mileage may vary.

To begin with, the hospital in general and
the emergency room in particular is a hostile
and foreign environment to many, and for good
reason. A large percentage of patients are
there with substance abuse and mental health
problems. There are sick and injured patients,
demanding family members, not enough staff,
screaming, yelling, vomiting, defecating and
bleeding people everywhere. And there are drug
resistant and normal everyday microbes waiting
for a host. Into the middle of this chaos
comes you or your loved one. How to get the
best out come possible?

For starters, *dont come. *I know if widely
followed this advice would seriously disrupt
the bottom line of many hospital ERs, who make
their money on the non-urgent, well insured
patients who come in for minor problems, but
a positive financial impact on the department
does not necessarily equal a positive health
impact on the patient. Actually the idea of
a positive financial impact is a bit of a
misnomer; precious few community hospital
emergency departments in the country that
makes money (excluding for-profit hospital
groups), they operate at a deficit, but
that is a discussion for another day.

So what should you consider not going to the ER
for? While this should not be construed as
personal or specific medical advise, in general
the following things can be served equally well,
if not better, by other means:

- Orthopedic injuries. If it is a sprain,
strain, or even many fractures, odds are you
dont need the ER. Sure, well do an X-ray,
give you some pain meds, tell you to ice it,
and follow up with the orthopedist in 3-5
days. And when you do, theyll repeat the X-
ray and the exam and give you a prognosis and
treatment plan. Why not skip the middle man?
More often than not, our treatment and recom-
mendation in the er is totally unrelated to
the X-ray, we only do the X-ray because people
want and expect it. But it doesnt change any
thing. RICE is the treatment: rest, ice/
ibuprofen, compression, elevation. The reason
the orthopedic doc doesnt want to see you for
3-5 days is the swelling must begin to recede
for them to do a good evaluation. So skip the
ER for your sprains and strains and go straight
to the orthopod or urgent care center even if
you must wait a day, UNLESS: you have numbness
or reduced circulation downstream from the
injury, have major gross deformity (foot is
pointed the wrong direction), or pain that is
more severe than than you can handle with ice
and ibuprofen or that is out of line for what
you would expect for the injury.

- Upper respiratory infections. You
have a cough, cold, sinus pressure, drainage,
and feel ill. First option, rest, stay hydrated,
take Tylenol and over the counter decongestants
and cough suppressants. Next best, go see your
regular doctor in a regular office visit. Next
best, go to an urgent care or walk in clinic.
IF you have high fevers not controlled with
Tylenol and ibuprofen and body aches and feel
like you have been run over by a train and have
neck stiffness, then come to the ER. If not€¦

- Nausea and vomiting. Groups with
with belly pain this group is the number one
chief complaint in the ER anywhere in the country.
This is because so many things manifest as
abdominal pain, and some of them are true
emergencies. But if all you have is nausea
and vomiting and cant keep anything down, it
is likely a stomach virus, one of the zillions
of varieties of Noroviruses, for which there
is no cure, only meds to reduce the nausea and
iv fluids to maintain hydration status. So
what can you do to avoid the ER for this? Ask
your doctor ahead of time for a prescription for
anti-emetics; Zofran (ondansetron) and Phenergan
(promethazine). There are others that work well,
but I am partial to these two because the Zofran
comes in both a pill form and a dissolvable under
the tongue form in case you are so nauseated your
cant even keep a pill down and wont cause
drowsiness like the other anti-emetics. Phenergan
also comes in pill form, as well as suppository
form, for the same reason. It can cause drowsiness,
though sometimes that is a desirable feature!
Many doctors are very willing to prescribe anti-
emetics for just-in-case use at home, even more
so than antibiotics. This can also be a good foot
in the door, so to speak, for getting your doctor
on board with prescribing meds for just in case use.

- Children with fever. If your kid is
more than a couple months old, and has a fever with
no other specific symptoms, give them alternating
doses of Tylenol and ibuprofen. If this works to
keep the fever down, they are able to stay hydrated
and pee normal amounts, and have no other symptoms
(neck stiffness, ear pain, abdominal pain,etc)
then it is likely a viral bug and will get better
in a day or two. A fever in an infant under 30
days old however is another matter and should be
seen by a professional.

- When in doubt, call you primary doctor.
Often they will tell you to go to the ER, because
they cant see you or assess you over the phone
and dont want the liability of telling you it is
no big deal, even when it isnt. So instead, go
see grandma, or your grandmother equivalent.
Seriously, elders have been around awhile and
those who have reared several kids often have a
good idea of that sick vs not sick assessment
tool. Chicken soup, ginger ale, Tylenol, water,
saltine crackers, and rest; these things really
do work!

So that addresses over half the patients I see
in my ER on any given day. What about the rest,
the real emergencies that really need help? How
can you prepare for these and handle yourself
and your loved ones best? Here are some tips:

Bring an advocate. Someone who isnt distracted
with pain and illness, who wont be impaired by
meds, and who can ask questions, write down
answers, observe that things are being done
right and in a timely fashion, advocate for
pain control, and generally look out for you when
you cant look out for yourself.

Have a list of medicines you take, the doses,
frequency, and what they are for. Also a list
of medical problems you have had or are being
treated for, and a list of prior surgeries and
any allergies you may have to medicines. Your
primary doctors name and phone number are also
helpful.

Now what if you are the advocate, what should
you bring and how can you help?

Bring: snacks, water, and reading material since
you may be there a while. Notebook and writing
stick is also helpful to keep track of things.
Phone and a charger! Many hospitals have poor
signal and your phone will chew through battery
faster searching for a signal. Maybe a smart
phone, tablet, or laptop, so you can research
tests, meds, and diagnosis and things the docs
and nurses are telling you.

Ask questions. In a polite and genuine manner,
ask what the anticipated side effects of meds
are. Rather than simply agreeing to treatments,
ask (again in a polite and respectful manner)
what the options are. Ask what the consequence
would be of foregoing a particular diagnostic
test (such as CT scan). If there is anything
you dont fully understand, ask, and then repeat
back to the person who explained it to you, in
your own words what you think you understand.
If you think the patient you are advocating for
needs more pain meds, ask. If you observe people
not washing their hands before touching the
patient, ask. If no one has been in to see the
patient and you are not clear on what you are
waiting for, ask. You may notice a theme here.
Most nurses and many doctors too like to teach
and help patients and family members who are
genuinely interested in learning and want to be
healthy. On the other hand, NO ONE likes to be
hassled, bothered, pestered, criticized, or
challenged. Your goal as the advocate (or
patient for that matter) is to be perceived as
the former rather than the latter. Be extra
nice and tactful when making requests and
asking for things, to avoid setting up an
adversarial dynamic. Instead, ask what you
can do to help, for example getting warm blankets,
repositioning the patient or boosting up in bed,
getting water, etc. Even if there is nothing for
you to do, offering is nice.

Even if it has been a long time you have been
waiting, remember that is a good thing (usually).
The national average is over an hour before
being seen by a provider, and over 2 hours
until disposition. In many big city ERs it is
not unusual to spend 6-8 hours in the ER. Remember,
as I often tell people, you never want to be the
most important person in the ER. If you are the
patient everyone is rushing into the room to see,
that is usually a very bad sign. Remember, this
isnt a clinic, this is the EMERGENCY room. If
you have the option, maybe you should have gone
to an urgent care or walk in clinic; they are
usually faster and much less expensive.

Understand the balance of power in the ER. As a
patient, you do have the right to refuse treatments
or tests. Some doctors may try and steam roll you,
saying that if you dont want their help, then there
is nothing more that they can do for you. This gets
into tricky territory; if you are not having a
dangerous or life threatening emergency and you
are merely sick or in pain, then technically they
are right, they dont have to treat you further.
Better to not get into that adversarial position,
instead asking questions instead of making demands.
If you can explain your concerns and illustrate
your comprehension of the situation, you stand
a better chance of negotiation what you want with
the doctor. Remember, in the ER most of the people
we deal with are not rational or normal. If you
can demonstrate that you are a rational and sane
individual, we are happy to work with you, but
we do not assume that is the case, that is for you
to demonstrate, because experience has demonstrated
to us that patients are all crazy and mostly not
that bright. You can be the rare exception,
and this will benefit your care. By the way,
you always have the power to leave when every
you want. It is called AMA, or "Against Medical
Advice." Be aware however you will still get
bill for assessments and treatments performed
up to that point, and insurance generally will
not cover a visit if you leave AMA.

If things are really bad, ask for or accept the
help of the chaplain. It doesnt matter if you
are religious, they wont push prayer on you
unless you ask, what they will do is be a
resource for you. They can make calls for you,
ask questions for you, help coordinate arrangements,
relay information, liaison with other departments
and staff, relay concerns, pretty much what ever
you need from a non-medical standpoint. They are
one of the few resources you have as a patient
or patient advocate who probably knows the system
better than you and is there with the sole job of
assisting you. Religious or not, if things get
bad, take advantage of the chaplain's services,
even if it is just a safe place to blow off steam
or vent concerns or frustrations.

Clearly you didnt plan for this to happen. If
I had a nickel for every time someone told me
they didnt have time to be in the ER, Id have
a nice little hedge on inflation. But before it
happens you can take steps to be a bit better
prepared for disaster.

*JWR Adds:* Hospital Acquired infections (HAIs)--
also known as nosocomial infections--are spread at
alarmingly high rates, even in First World countries.
These infectious diseases can include MRSA, ESBL-
producing bacteria, Vancomycin-Resistant Enterococci
(VRE), Pneumonia, and Psuedomonas Aeruginosa. For
this and other reasons, I recommend avoiding purely
elective in-hospital procedures, such as cosmetic
surgery. Do you really/need /a smaller nose, a
pointy chin, or "permanent makeup"? Probably not.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Monday, October 21, 2013

Letter The Inflationary Handwriting on the Wall

http://www.survivalblog.com/2013/10/letter-re-the-inflationary-handwriting-on-the-wall.html

http://www.survivalblog.com/2013/10/letter-re-the-inflationary-handwriting-on-the-wall.html
| Print
http://www.survivalblog.com/2013/10/letter_re_the_inflationary_handwriting_on_the_wall .html

To SurvivalBlog Readers:
I have gone back and read or skimmed the
archives of every entry in SurvivalBlog
since it's inception in 2005. I'm sure that
anyone who has read even a small portion of
this excellent resource has come to realize
that a means of self-protection is critical
in a SHTF situation and that firearms are
the primary tool to that end. To those that
may not yet be aware, many popular types of
ammunition have been scarce and have become
more expensive and attempts by the government
to regulate sales and possession of ammunition
are becoming more frequent. A particular brand
and type of .22 ammunition that I bought in
bulk in August of last year at 3.1 cents per
round is now almost impossible to find at below
20 cents per round. Increased manufacturing and
materials costs cannot account for this increase.
This has had an effect on the entire firearms
industry.

Popular opinion as to why this happened is all
pver the place and includes reasons such as
hoarding, manufacturers/distributors/dealers
profiteering, scalpers, government intrusion
into the market, etc. The shortage of ammunition
and the run on the purchase of firearms appears
to have started shortly after the last Presidential
election. Again, opinion varies but many people
feel that the President's apparent anti-firearms
position along with an increase in urban violence
and increased pressure on Government officials to
"do something" about the "gun problem" has caused
a run on the market. This run now appears to be
subsiding slightly but is far from over after
nearly a year.

This letter, however, is not about firearms or
ammunition, gun control or politics. It is to
draw attention to how thin the thread is that ties
us to the things that we need for our daily survival.
I may be "preaching to the choir" here but just
imagine if some event were to occur that pushed
the cost of your favorite kind of canned beans from
$1.89 to just under $14.00! Yeah, you could change
brands or stop eating beans but what if the event
or events effected the entire food industry? What
if the event or events effected the petroleum
distribution industry? Trucking? Electricity
production? Again, I know I'm preaching to the choir
but the above example of ammunition is real and could
have just as easily happened to something more
critical to our daily existence than ammunition.
We now have _proof_ that hoarding, manufacturers/
distributors/dealers profiteering, scalpers, government
intrusion into the market, etc can occur in a very
short period of time. We also now have proof that
the event or events may not too obvious in the
daily scheme of things and might even go unnoticed
until it was too late to react. Notice how little
it took to trigger the shortage and price increases
noted above? What would happen in the event of massive
crop failures, widespread climatic disasters, disease,
wars, economic collapse, inflation, martial law,
rioting, etc either singly or in combination?

There are statistics that show that there is one
firearm for every three people in the United
States. Out of every three people in the United
States, how many of them eat? Drink water?
Depend on electricity? Would that not make
shortages and price increases occur even more
quickly and severely when a greater number of
people were effected and the involved items
more critical to survival? JWR has said
repeatedly that you should buy tangibles. In
my view, tangible does not mean gold coins that
you can hold in your hand as opposed to a paper
certificate saying that you own gold. Last year
at this time, gold sold for $1,754 per ounce,
today it is worth $1,271! I have already shown
you what some ammunition prices have done within
that same time frame. If I had taken my own
advice, I would have bought more ammunition
instead of silver coins which have gone the
same way as gold.

I'm not trying to suggest what you should or
should not buy. I'm just suggesting that the
things we _really_ need on a daily basis may be
not be there when we need them or at a price we
can afford and that a seemingly insignificant
series of events could trigger the shortages and
the hoarding, scalping, etc. etc. I know I am
going to continue eating my favorite beans for
some time and not at $14 a can! We now have
proof. The handwriting is on the wall. Read it.

Be safe and prep as if your life depended on it,
- G.L.D.

Economics and Investing:
http://www.survivalblog.com/2013/10/economics-and-investing-1682.html

http://www.survivalblog.com/2013/10/economics-and-investing-1682.html
| Print
http://www.survivalblog.com/2013/10/economics_and_investing_1682.html

Here it comes! The IMF Proposes A 10% Supertax On All Eurozone Household
Savings
http://theautomaticearth.com/Finance...e-household-sa

vings.html.
Americans should be forewarned. We too need to minimize our bank
deposits and shift into tangibles investing. (Thanks to "Beekeeper" for
the link.)

C.D.V. sent this: Fitch puts US AAA rating on rating watch negative
http://www.cnbc.com/id/101093033

*Items from The Economatrix:*

22 Reasons To Be Concerned About The U.S. Economy As We Head Into The
Holiday Season
http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/a...-s-economy-as-

we-head-into-the-holiday-season

The US cannot avoid a soft default even if a hard default is avoided:
Debt ceiling already breached and US Treasury operating in emergency
mode while US is paying $415 billion in annual interest expenses.
http://www.mybudget360.com/us-soft-default-debt-ceiling-and-us-debt-default/

Nothing left to financially lose: Biggest drop in confidence since
Lehman Brothers and why some are unmoved by government shutdown.
http://www.mybudget360.com/nothing-l...story-us-gover

nment-shutdown/

Hi James,
I just came across the news story about some EBT cards to have
apparently unlimited balances leading to the almost cleaning out of a
Wal-Mart before the computer glitch was corrected.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-...t-shopping-spr

ees-in-louisiana/

I bring this up because it is a near perfect parallel to the situation
Nathan Hale Jefferson put in "The Wayward Journey" which I reviewed
several months back
http://www.survivalblog.com/2013/07/...an-hale-jeffer

son.html.
He deserves a pat on the back for anticipating this. - Harry

Economics and Investing:
http://www.survivalblog.com/2013/10/economics-and-investing-1681.html

http://www.survivalblog.com/2013/10/economics-and-investing-1681.html
| Print
http://www.survivalblog.com/2013/10/economics_and_investing_1681.html

*Life imitates art:* IMF chief: U.S. dance with the debt limit is €˜very,
very concerning
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-very-concerni

ng/
[*JWR's Comment:* Thankfully, she stopped short of saying: "default
appears imminent." Perhaps next week someone from the Deutsche
Bundesbank will make some off the record remarks...]

G.G. flagged this: U.S. Adds Two Times More Debt than Economic Output in
Last Two Years
http://nation.foxnews.com/2013/10/09/us-adds-two-times-more-debt-economic-output-last-2-years

/Shenandoah /blog: Stasicare
http://johngaltfla.com/wordpress/2013/10/11/stasicare/. (Thanks to
B.B. for the link.)

P.W. sent this from /Zero Hedge/: Theyre Coming for Your Savings
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-10-13/guest-post-they're-coming-your-savings

Also from P.W.:U.S. banks no longer too big to fail says Tucker
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/n...no-longer-too-

big-to-fail-says-Tucker.html

*From The Economatrix:*

If We Are In An Economic Recovery, Why Are Major Corporations Firing
Thousands?
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-1...-corporations-

firing-thousands

What China Really Thinks of the Shutdown
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-10-14/guest-post-what-china-really-thinks-shutdown

More D-Word: Tough choices if US Defaults: Debt ceiling crisis could
leave millions in lurch
http://money.cnn.com/2013/10/14/news/economy/debt-ceiling-crisis/index.html?iid=Lead

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 07 Nov 2013 06:19:23 -0700, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

...snip....

I may be "preaching to the choir" here but just
imagine if some event were to occur that pushed
the cost of your favorite kind of canned beans from
$1.89 to just under $14.00! Yeah, you could change
brands or stop eating beans but what if the event
or events effected the entire food industry? What

To me, the most frightening aspect is that the petroleum industry a long
time ago learned that it could raise the rpice with impunity, ...by simply
removing the gasoline for a while. Price went from ?? to $2 instantly, yet
very few stations were burnt to the ground, and no one in Congress was
voted out.

Of course the justification for the increase was the instability in the
MidEast. Ok, so then if the crude cost so much, why did the top seven oil
companies then post the most outrages profits in history? Even as they
tried to shovel the money into tax exmpt investments, so they subtract
from those profits? What did they do with that money, they bought
farmland, like you would NOT believe. Of corse all the farmers encouraged
to 'borrow' easy money from govt sources with promises of fortunes and
promptly removing most subsidies further reducing profits until many, many
famers got into financial troubles and were foreclosed on and HAD to sell.
Making farmland readily available at incredibly low prices.

Now, oil companies armed with the knowledge that it is possible to raise
the price of a 'necessary' commodity to any level by simply removing it
for awhile have bought a huge percentage of food source lands... One must
wonder whether the same technique to increase profits will happen after
becoming completely entrenched in food source supply. And, let's add a few
laws to prevent people from growing their own food and you have an
interesting scenario.

Even utilities do not seem to be exampt from the effect. After moving to
AZ and being surprised at the cost of electricity; I noticed a pattern.
Everytime the evening news carried people complaining about the high cost
of electricity; we suddenly had power outages. Outages that lasted about
two hours, just long enough to panic you, but not so long as to lose
fridge and frozen foods, ...and no more talk about the high price of
electricity.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/7/2013 10:06 AM, RobertMacy wrote:

[...]

Never let a good crisis go to waste. And if you don't
have one, make your own. Always a way to make the public
do what you wanted them to do.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/7/2013 12:56 PM, Todd wrote:
Did you imply that the Mormon Jesus isn't Christian?
If you mean Christian as in follows Catholics, or Nicean
Creed, I agree. If you mean the Mormon Jesus doesn't
follow only the Bible, I'm agreeing with you.

I will just write you directly. Might be a few days.

Thanks. I am really bad about remembering to check my
hotmail. I'll do that now that I know someone real is
writing. I don't thrive on spam ads.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Do you mean a push start, assuming a manual transmission?

Yeah, push. Kinda jumped when I let the clutch out though

I've push started vehicles with standard shift.
No fun, but it can be done. Helped start a farm
tractor that way, one time, also. Pull it around
with a yet larger tractor, until it starts.

Push starting a car with standard shift is easy. I used to do it, by
my self, regularly, with our Gremlin (the most appropriately named car
in history). Well, it gets to be a problem if you have fuel injection
and the battery is completely dead. DAMHIKT.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 07 Nov 2013 08:38:53 -0700, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

...snip...

Never let a good crisis go to waste. And if you don't
have one, make your own. Always a way to make the public
do what you wanted them to do.

As in the film "Wag the Dog"?

I think that. You think that. Others think that.

So, why does it continue? Why are we 'locked' into this system?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11-07-2013, 08:09, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I've push started vehicles with standard shift.

Started a VW bug once in reverse.
Was parkved uphill, so put the trans in reverse,
released the brake, then the clutch.

--
Wes Groleau

Pat's Polemics
http://Ideas.Lang-Learn.us/barrett

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/7/2013 6:44 PM, RobertMacy wrote:
Never let a good crisis go to waste. And if you don't
have one, make your own. Always a way to make the public
do what you wanted them to do.

As in the film "Wag the Dog"?
I think that. You think that. Others think that.
So, why does it continue? Why are we 'locked' into this system?

1) if it works, do it again
2) if it doesn't work, do it harder

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/6/2013 5:03 PM, Red Green wrote:
Jon Danniken wrote in news:l591e6$rlg$1
@speranza.aioe.org:

On 11/04/2013 08:33 AM, RobertMacy wrote:
[snip]

And what does this have to do with home repair? Nothing.

Jon

This has nothing to do with home repair either.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Mary_Carey_2009.jpg

Those look like real boobs but is her hair really blond? ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/6/2013 5:03 PM, Red Green wrote:
This has nothing to do with home repair either.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Mary_Carey_2009.jpg

Those look like real boobs but is her hair really blond? ^_^

TDD

Oh, man.Now I have to spend half hour on this:
http://www.touchjesussongs.net/image...ormetop-lg.jpg

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote in news:Hu8fu.270386
:

http://www.touchjesussongs.net/image...ormetop-lg.jpg

She looks ****ed that His hand is empty.

Posted to alt.home.repair

The Daring Dufas wrote in news:l5iv0g
:

On 11/6/2013 5:03 PM, Red Green wrote:
Jon Danniken wrote in news:l591e6$rlg$1
@speranza.aioe.org:

On 11/04/2013 08:33 AM, RobertMacy wrote:
[snip]

And what does this have to do with home repair? Nothing.

Jon

This has nothing to do with home repair either.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Mary_Carey_2009.jpg

Those look like real boobs but is her hair really blond? ^_^

TDD

Had to go back and look. Yea you're right. She has hair, nose and all that.
Never looked that high.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 8 Nov 2013 23:07:50 +0000 (UTC), Red Green
wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Mary_Carey_2009.jpg

Those look like real boobs but is her hair really blond? ^_^

TDD

Had to go back and look. Yea you're right. She has hair, nose and all that.
Never looked that high.

You da man. Never get sidetracked with facts...
--
"There's nothing like the scent of Cordite in a woman's hair."
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/8/2013 6:05 PM, Red Green wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote in news:Hu8fu.270386
:

http://www.touchjesussongs.net/image...ormetop-lg.jpg

She looks ****ed that His hand is empty.

"You idiot! I wanted candy!"

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/8/2013 6:07 PM, Red Green wrote:
This has nothing to do with home repair either.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Mary_Carey_2009.jpg

Those look like real boobs but is her hair really blond? ^_^

TDD

Had to go back and look. Yea you're right. She has hair, nose and all that.
Never looked that high.

At the part, right over her right eye.
Looks like dark roots. How could you
miss that? Did you see on he left boob
where there is a little tattoo "inflate
to 32 PSI" ?

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 08 Nov 2013 09:41:13 -0700, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

...snip....
http://www.touchjesussongs.net/image...ormetop-lg.jpg

Click: picture downloads, ...until mid way, about hands, then blanks and
starts over!
Download: starts gets to somewhere, and ERROR, must manually start over!
Not once, not twice, but many, many times, either way.

UNTIL I 'replied' to complain and then the picture finished all the way
through.
Hmmmm. Go figure.

Posted to alt.home.repair

RobertMacy wrote:
On Fri, 08 Nov 2013 09:41:13 -0700, Stormin Mormon wrote:

...snip....
http://www.touchjesussongs.net/image...ormetop-lg.jpg

Click: picture downloads, ...until mid way, about hands, then blanks and starts over!
Download: starts gets to somewhere, and ERROR, must manually start over!
Not once, not twice, but many, many times, either way.

UNTIL I 'replied' to complain and then the picture finished all the way through.
Hmmmm. Go figure.

Loads instantly on my iPad, both in my newsreader's web window and in
Safari.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 09 Nov 2013 15:16:12 -0700, DerbyDad03
wrote:

Loads instantly on my iPad, both in my newsreader's web window and in
Safari.

THAT'S EXACTLY the answers I get when I complain about some vendor's
website, "Well, I just tried it and it worked for me." Certainly FULL of
information on where to look and how to fix, right?

The website I like is the one paid for with tax dollars to provide the
service of presenting aerial maps and now REQUIRING Microsoft
Silverlight! Yeah, REQUIRES Silverlight for those fixed images. Oh, but
the zoom in overlay graphics are so much MORE dramatic than before. All
that for 'transitional' oomph! The aerial maps/photos are STILL blurry,
though.
Posted to alt.home.repair

RobertMacy wrote:
On Sat, 09 Nov 2013 15:16:12 -0700, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Loads instantly on my iPad, both in my newsreader's web window and in
Safari.

THAT'S EXACTLY the answers I get when I complain about some vendor's
website, "Well, I just tried it and it worked for me." Certainly FULL of
information on where to look and how to fix, right?

I sincerely apologize for trying to help by letting you know that the link
worked fine in certain browsers. I just realized that being aware that a
link works fine some browsers in no way helps differentiate between a bad
link link and a problem with some browser's handling of that link.

As we all know, we've never, ever had a bad link posted in this ng, so it
was a complete waste of your time and mine for me to have let you know that
the link was valid and that you should eliminate the link as the root cause
of the issue.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/8/2013 10:41 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 11/6/2013 5:03 PM, Red Green wrote:
This has nothing to do with home repair either.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Mary_Carey_2009.jpg

Those look like real boobs but is her hair really blond? ^_^

TDD

Oh, man.Now I have to spend half hour on this:
http://www.touchjesussongs.net/image...ormetop-lg.jpg

Pictures like that of Jesus really crack me up because there is no way
he looked like that. He was a short chubby curly black haired Jewish guy
with a big nose and a dark tan. This nonsense of Jesus being a light
skinned tall Northern European fellow with straight hair and blue eyes
must stop. o_O

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/10/2013 08:53 AM, RobertMacy wrote:
On Sat, 09 Nov 2013 15:16:12 -0700, DerbyDad03 wrote:
Loads instantly on my iPad, both in my newsreader's web window and in
Safari.

THAT'S EXACTLY the answers I get when I complain about some vendor's website, "Well, I just tried it and it worked for
me." Certainly FULL of information on where to look and how to fix, right?

The website I like is the one paid for with tax dollars to provide the service of presenting aerial maps and now
REQUIRING Microsoft Silverlight! Yeah, REQUIRES Silverlight for those fixed images. Oh, but the zoom in overlay
graphics are so much MORE dramatic than before. All that for 'transitional' oomph! The aerial maps/photos are STILL
blurry, though.

You are 100% correct, Robert! The web is seriously broken.

When you mix multiple versions of html, java, javascript, css, silverlight, flash, banner ads from multiple servers, and
a bazillion different browsers, not to mention that most web sites are created by the cheapest hack, it's an absolute
****ing wonder that web pages load at all.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Oh, man.Now I have to spend half hour on this:
http://www.touchjesussongs.net/image...ormetop-lg.jpg

Pictures like that of Jesus really crack me up because there is no way
he looked like that. He was a short chubby curly black haired Jewish guy
with a big nose and a dark tan. This nonsense of Jesus being a light
skinned tall Northern European fellow with straight hair and blue eyes
must stop. o_O

TDD

Sigh. You are so, so right. I'll get the word out,
right away.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 10 Nov 2013 07:10:19 -0700, DerbyDad03
wrote:

...snip...

I sincerely apologize for trying to help by letting you know that the
link
worked fine in certain browsers. I just realized that being aware that a
link works fine some browsers in no way helps differentiate between a bad
link link and a problem with some browser's handling of that link.

As we all know, we've never, ever had a bad link posted in this ng, so it
was a complete waste of your time and mine for me to have let you know
that
the link was valid and that you should eliminate the link as the root
cause
of the issue.

Thanks for taking my whining in the 'proper' vein. However, two things are
evident. Your new 'whiz-band' high speed systems worked! My lo-tech, dial
up kept failing, until...Perhaps, the key is that high speed 'gets in'
gets out' and done. Whereas, everybody seemed to go there after that
posting, and a slow dial-up got 'easily' interrupted and failed, until
everybody quit bothering the link, then I got download completed. Has to
be related to some of those 'invisible' java sripts timing out, failing,
and never telling me.

Anyway, I did finally get the full image. Don't know who Greg Olsen is,
nor am I familiar with his other works, but he has great skill at
'illustrative' art. Admit to being jealous of those skills. My art
instructor at university asked for my works and kept them. Now they're
probably lost for ever. Darn. One was of a building demolished shortly
after I sketched it, too. No, it wasn't demolished because I sketched it.
Just an old delapidated, but visually interesting, building.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 10 Nov 2013 08:19:37 -0700, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

Sigh. You are so, so right. I'll get the word out,
right away.

I know you meant that 'tongue in cheek'

Jesus WAS from the House of David. Tribes of Israel went up through
northern Europe and yes, one would expect Jesus to look like others who
now live in northern Europe. Mutter, mutter. ...Scriptually illiterate.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 10 Nov 2013 07:29:42 -0700, Mike Hunt-Hertz
wrote:

...snip...

When you mix multiple versions of html, java, javascript, css,
silverlight, flash, banner ads from multiple servers, and a bazillion
different browsers, not to mention that most web sites are created by
the cheapest hack, it's an absolute ****ing wonder that web pages load
at all.

Most irritating of all are the 'blank' pages UNTIl a full download
finishes! That's just STUPID! Actually more irritating is the partial
page you just start to read and then BLANKs because some popup add down in
the corner unrelated wants to finish, so again blank, nothing to look at.

I'm starting to respect craigslist more and more.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11-10-2013 08:53, RobertMacy wrote:
The website I like is the one paid for with tax dollars to provide the
service of presenting aerial maps and now REQUIRING Microsoft
Silverlight! Yeah, REQUIRES Silverlight for those fixed images. Oh,
but the zoom in overlay graphics are so much MORE dramatic than before.
All that for 'transitional' oomph! The aerial maps/photos are STILL
blurry, though.

It's a fact of life: so-called web designers are addicted to Microsoft
products, including Internet Explorer. They work in large buildings
with T1 lines and have 24-inch or bigger monitors, three-month-old CPUs,
and 16 gigabytes RAM. They never reject cookies, and they don't test on
anything else.

So stop whining and join the rest of the lemmings.

--
Wes Groleau

The man who reads nothing at all is better educated
than the man who reads nothing but newspapers.
€” Thomas Jefferson

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 10 Nov 2013 09:20:49 -0700, Wes Groleau
wrote:

...snip...

So stop whining and join the rest of the lemmings.

My consolation is that when I call the vendor directly [because their
website hangs/crashes/blanks] as they are forced to go through their own
website, they have HUGE delays, multiple apologies at how slow things run.
HA! And, my most enjoyable, when they go down blind alleys, find nothing,
or find incomplete/error information! I quietly say, "That's why I called
you directly."

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11-10-2013 09:23, The Daring Dufas wrote:
Pictures like that of Jesus really crack me up because there is no way
he looked like that. He was a short chubby curly black haired Jewish guy
with a big nose and a dark tan. This nonsense of Jesus being a light
skinned tall Northern European fellow with straight hair and blue eyes
must stop. o_O

short -- no way of telling
chubby -- no way of telling
curly hair -- no way of telling
black haired -- probably
Jewish guy -- no question
big nose -- probably
dark tan -- probably
eyes not blue -- almost certainly

Some have interpreted Isaiah 53:2b to indicate that he was far from
"handsome"

"Five foot nine;
Eyes that shine;
changes water into wine--
has anybody seen my Lord ?"

(name that tune)

--
Wes Groleau

€œStatistics are like bikinis.
What they reveal is suggestive,
but what they conceal is vital.€
€” Aaron Levenstein

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11-10-2013 11:33, RobertMacy wrote:
wrote:
...snip...

So stop whining and join the rest of the lemmings.

My consolation is that when I call the vendor directly [because their
website hangs/crashes/blanks] as they are forced to go through their own
website, they have HUGE delays, multiple apologies at how slow things
run. HA! And, my most enjoyable, when they go down blind alleys, find
nothing, or find incomplete/error information! I quietly say, "That's
why I called you directly."

Wow, you're lucky. What I usually get is "can you reboot your
computer?" Followed by "which version of Internet Explorer do you have?"

--
Wes Groleau

€œA miracle is a violation of the laws of nature, and as a
firm and unalterable experience has established these laws,
the proof against a miracle, from the very nature of the fact,
is as entire as could possibly be imagined.€
€” David Hume, age 37
€œThere's no such thing of that, 'cause I never heard of it.€
€” Becky Groleau, age 4

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11-10-2013 11:50, Wes Groleau wrote:
On 11-10-2013 11:33, RobertMacy wrote:
wrote:
...snip...
So stop whining and join the rest of the lemmings.

My consolation is that when I call the vendor directly [because their
website hangs/crashes/blanks] as they are forced to go through their own
website, they have HUGE delays, multiple apologies at how slow things
run. HA! And, my most enjoyable, when they go down blind alleys, find
nothing, or find incomplete/error information! I quietly say, "That's
why I called you directly."

Wow, you're lucky. What I usually get is "can you reboot your
computer?" Followed by "which version of Internet Explorer do you have?"

If I were lucky enough to get the response you describe, I would handle
it differently from you. I would say instead,

"That's why I called you instead of your incompetent web team."

--
Wes Groleau

€œIsn't embarrassing to quote something you didn't read
and then attack what it didn't say?€

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/10/2013 10:35 AM, Wes Groleau wrote:
[...]

All I remember about Jesus/God was that Sister Godzilla kept telling me
that he was going to smite me dead because I was so evil. I questioned
why God would smite me dead for looking up Cristina's dress when I'm
only six years old? I didn't think I was that important. Of course I
decided all adults were full of crap when I was six, the mistake I made
was letting the nuns know how I felt. The trouble I caused was because a
lot of what I was being told didn't make a lot of sense to me and I
would question it. Of course I was considered the spawn of Satan because
of my refusal to accept everything as the absolute truth. o_O

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 10 Nov 2013 14:27:15 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

All I remember about Jesus/God was that Sister Godzilla kept telling me
that he was going to smite me dead because I was so evil. I questioned
why God would smite me dead for looking up Cristina's dress when I'm
only six years old? I didn't think I was that important. Of course I
decided all adults were full of crap when I was six, the mistake I made
was letting the nuns know how I felt. The trouble I caused was because a
lot of what I was being told didn't make a lot of sense to me and I
would question it. Of course I was considered the spawn of Satan because
of my refusal to accept everything as the absolute truth. o_O

..., thinking upon it now, some of the public skewl teachers must have
been Catholic.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

All I remember about Jesus/God was that Sister Godzilla kept telling me
that he was going to smite me dead because I was so evil. I questioned
why God would smite me dead for looking up Cristina's dress when I'm
only six years old? I didn't think I was that important. Of course I
decided all adults were full of crap when I was six, the mistake I made
was letting the nuns know how I felt. The trouble I caused was because a
lot of what I was being told didn't make a lot of sense to me and I
would question it. Of course I was considered the spawn of Satan because
of my refusal to accept everything as the absolute truth. o_O

.., thinking upon it now, some of the public skewl teachers must have
been Catholic.

My government high school English teacher attended the same Catholic
church as my family. They're everywhere. o_O

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

.... you were surrounded

I left government skewl at my earliest legal age. No good sitting
around, because I was day-dreaming about fishing, huntin' frogs,
catchin' stuff, they couldn't hold my attention.

Swamps were more fascinating than a class room.

--
.... educated myself
Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote in
:

Oh, man.Now I have to spend half hour on this:
http://www.touchjesussongs.net/image...rl_formetop-lg.
jpg

Pictures like that of Jesus really crack me up because there is no
way he looked like that. He was a short chubby curly black haired
Jewish guy with a big nose and a dark tan. This nonsense of Jesus
being a light skinned tall Northern European fellow with straight
hair and blue eyes must stop. o_O

TDD

Sigh. You are so, so right. I'll get the word out,
right away.

You would think He could like drop a few billion leaflets from the sky and
straighten things out. Not like using up a miracle or anything.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/10/2013 11:35 AM, Wes Groleau wrote:

"Five foot nine;
Eyes that shine;
changes water into wine--
has anybody seen my Lord ?"

(name that tune)

Something by Dolly Boobs, or Miss Piggy?

--
..
Christopher A. Young

I wonder how Stormin Mormon feels [email protected] Home Repair 63 December 1st 12 05:53 PM
Stormin Mormon is a TROLL [email protected] Home Repair 17 November 28th 11 04:31 AM
Ethanol Ate my Stormin Mormon! Bob F Home Repair 30 November 1st 11 09:45 PM
PING: Stormin Mormon DanG Home Repair 2 May 29th 05 04:26 PM
Hey, Stormin' Mormon Injun-ear Home Repair 7 May 13th 05 07:05 PM