Posted to alt.home.repair
RobertMacy RobertMacy is offline

Default OT - To Stormin Mormon

On Sun, 10 Nov 2013 07:10:19 -0700, DerbyDad03
wrote:

...snip...

I sincerely apologize for trying to help by letting you know that the
link
worked fine in certain browsers. I just realized that being aware that a
link works fine some browsers in no way helps differentiate between a bad
link link and a problem with some browser's handling of that link.

As we all know, we've never, ever had a bad link posted in this ng, so it
was a complete waste of your time and mine for me to have let you know
that
the link was valid and that you should eliminate the link as the root
cause
of the issue.

Thanks for taking my whining in the 'proper' vein. However, two things are
evident. Your new 'whiz-band' high speed systems worked! My lo-tech, dial
up kept failing, until...Perhaps, the key is that high speed 'gets in'
gets out' and done. Whereas, everybody seemed to go there after that
posting, and a slow dial-up got 'easily' interrupted and failed, until
everybody quit bothering the link, then I got download completed. Has to
be related to some of those 'invisible' java sripts timing out, failing,
and never telling me.

Anyway, I did finally get the full image. Don't know who Greg Olsen is,
nor am I familiar with his other works, but he has great skill at
'illustrative' art. Admit to being jealous of those skills. My art
instructor at university asked for my works and kept them. Now they're
probably lost for ever. Darn. One was of a building demolished shortly
after I sketched it, too. No, it wasn't demolished because I sketched it.
Just an old delapidated, but visually interesting, building.