Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - To Stormin Mormon

On 11/6/2013 7:33 PM, RobertMacy wrote:

you can also push start an automatic. had it done to me once when no
jumper cables around. First, slightly apply the brake to maintain good
contact else a gap can be devastating and have to start over. put in
drive, not low, get up to around 25 to 30 and STARTS right away, once
dried out the massive flooding that had happened.

I remember the night the clutch cable on my Chevette
snapped about half past midnight. I figured it out
after a while. Shift in neutral. Start the engine.
Push like everything, and got it going about 1 MPH.
jump in, cram the shift into first. Goose the gas, and
put the flashers on. Got me to the repair garage. Walk
home from the garage.

--
..
Christopher A. Young