Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Coffeemaker just steams- the fix

This is one of those 'so simple I can't believe I didn't think of it
myself' stories.

Wife picked up a Mr. Coffee at a thrift shop- tried to run a pot of
coffee through it and it just spit and sputtered for 1/2 hour and the
12 cups we put in dropped 2 cups into the pot. The rest was steam.

It was a nice looking pot, so I tried cleaning it-- then dismantled
it. I didn't see anything obvious- so I Googled and found this
page-
http://nepacrossroads.com/about18852.html

I already had the bottom off, so in less than 5 minutes, I popped off
the rubber hose with the check valve in it- blew the wad of paper out
of the check valve- and reassembled.

Works perfect now.

I wonder how many pots I've tossed that could have been fixed so
easily.

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 07 Nov 2012 08:05:09 -0500, Jim Elbrecht
wrote:

This is one of those 'so simple I can't believe I didn't think of it
myself' stories.

Wife picked up a Mr. Coffee at a thrift shop- tried to run a pot of
coffee through it and it just spit and sputtered for 1/2 hour and the
12 cups we put in dropped 2 cups into the pot. The rest was steam.

It was a nice looking pot, so I tried cleaning it-- then dismantled
it. I didn't see anything obvious- so I Googled and found this
page-
http://nepacrossroads.com/about18852.html

I already had the bottom off, so in less than 5 minutes, I popped off
the rubber hose with the check valve in it- blew the wad of paper out
of the check valve- and reassembled.

Works perfect now.

I wonder how many pots I've tossed that could have been fixed so
easily.

Jim

Jim, you remind me of a funny story a few days ago. I also had a
cheap coffee maker not dripping right even tho I ran vinegar thru it.
I was ready to toss it but my wife said let me clean it. Guess what,
now it works fine as before. I also think it had to do with the
check valve for the water going into the pot. I was humbled.

I guess we both did good g
Posted to alt.home.repair

Doug wrote:

-snip-

Jim, you remind me of a funny story a few days ago. I also had a
cheap coffee maker not dripping right even tho I ran vinegar thru it.
I was ready to toss it but my wife said let me clean it. Guess what,
now it works fine as before. I also think it had to do with the
check valve for the water going into the pot. I was humbled.

I guess we both did good g

Well, the good news is- you have a working coffee pot. OTOH, for the
rest of your life you'll be hearing- 'I could have fixed that. . .
Remember the time. . . "G

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

This is one of those 'so simple I can't believe I didn't think of it
myself' stories.

Wife picked up a Mr. Coffee at a thrift shop- tried to run a pot of
coffee through it and it just spit and sputtered for 1/2 hour and the
12 cups we put in dropped 2 cups into the pot. The rest was steam.

It was a nice looking pot, so I tried cleaning it-- then dismantled
it. I didn't see anything obvious- so I Googled and found this
page-
http://nepacrossroads.com/about18852.html

I already had the bottom off, so in less than 5 minutes, I popped off
the rubber hose with the check valve in it- blew the wad of paper out
of the check valve- and reassembled.

Works perfect now.

Plainly the problem was the use of paper cups for coffee. Res ipsa
loquitur. You should try using styrofoam cups and see if it clogs
again with styrofoam.

I wonder how many pots I've tossed that could have been fixed so
easily.

Jim

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 07 Nov 2012 11:58:27 -0500, Jim Elbrecht
wrote:

Doug wrote:

-snip-

Jim, you remind me of a funny story a few days ago. I also had a
cheap coffee maker not dripping right even tho I ran vinegar thru it.
I was ready to toss it but my wife said let me clean it. Guess what,
now it works fine as before. I also think it had to do with the
check valve for the water going into the pot. I was humbled.

I guess we both did good g

Well, the good news is- you have a working coffee pot. OTOH, for the
rest of your life you'll be hearing- 'I could have fixed that. . .
Remember the time. . . "G

Jim

Boy are you right. Wife has a memory like an elephant when it comes
to stuff like this. :-(

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 07 Nov 2012 08:05:09 -0500, Jim Elbrecht
wrote in Re Coffeemaker
just steams- the fix:

I already had the bottom off, so in less than 5 minutes, I popped off
the rubber hose with the check valve in it- blew the wad of paper out
of the check valve- and reassembled.

Works perfect now.

I wonder how many pots I've tossed that could have been fixed so
easily.

Well done.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 7, 8:05*am, Jim Elbrecht wrote:
This is one of those 'so simple I can't believe I didn't think of it
myself' stories.

Wife picked up a Mr. Coffee at a thrift shop- * tried to run a pot of
coffee through it and it just spit and sputtered for 1/2 hour and the
12 cups we put in dropped 2 cups into the pot. * The rest was steam.

It was a nice looking pot, so I tried cleaning it-- then dismantled
it. * * I didn't see anything obvious- so I Googled and found this
page-http://nepacrossroads.com/about18852.html

I already had the bottom off, so in less than 5 minutes, I popped off
the rubber hose with the check valve in it- blew the wad of paper out
of the check valve- and reassembled.

Works perfect now.

I wonder how many pots I've tossed that could have been fixed so
easily.

Jim

Thread Hijack Alert!

Does any one know of a reasonably priced coffee maker that can be
plumbed into the house water system?

I'm not looking for a single serving Keurig type nor am I looking to
spend high 3 to low 4 digits for an auto-fill coffee maker. Something
under $150 would be nice but I just can't seem to find one in that
price range.

Of course, it has to have the rest of the desirable features:
Programmable, auto-off, correct brewing temp, decent holding temp,
etc.

I tossed my B&D Saver Saver coffee maker last week. It never kept the
coffee hot enough, it was impossible to fill without spilling water on
the counter and it dripped even more water on the counter while
brewing. It's called a "space saver" because it hung from the bottom
of the upper cabinets. The ironic part was that you couldn't put
anything under it - except a towel - because it dripped constantly.
The final straw was when they recalled the carafe (send the old one
in, wait 10 days for a "safer" one) and the new one added a new
leakage point between the glass and the plastic top. Now it drips when
you fill the coffee maker, it drips while it's brewing, and it drips
when you are pouring yourself a cup of joe. Well, actually, it doesn't
leak anymore unless someone at the landfill is using it.

Currently, we're using our spare coffee maker, which I like (an older
Gevalia thermal carafe type) but I'd like to put that back on the
shelf as a spare and get a new, larger capacity one that I can plumb
so I don't have to fill it each time. Any ideas?
Posted to alt.home.repair

DerbyDad03 wrote:
-snip-

Thread Hijack Alert!

Let's call it thread *drift*.g

Does any one know of a reasonably priced coffee maker that can be
plumbed into the house water system?

I haven't seen a plumbed in one-- but my current setup has the pot
close enough to the sink to reach with my pull-out faucet. I *like*
that a lot-- much simpler than filling the pot and dumping water
everywhere.

If you were willing to do the plumbing, anyway, I'd look at plumbing a
faucet in near the pot-- and if it reaches the stove, too, all the
better.
http://www.houzz.com/pot-filler

-snip-
Of course, it has to have the rest of the desirable features:
Programmable, auto-off, correct brewing temp, decent holding temp,
etc.

I quit buying programmable pots and now I buy the $10 pot and plug it
into a $5 timer that will turn it on and off.

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

Jim Elbrecht wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:
-snip-

Thread Hijack Alert!

Let's call it thread *drift*.g

[...]

The pot filler idea has merit, but the timer would be more of a hassle than
it would be worth the savings.

We make coffee at different times of the morning depending on what is
planned for the day. Work days, play days, travel days, etc. If we're going
to have to "program" the timer - assuming we could plug it into an
accessible location - for different times on different days, I'd rather
just program the coffee maker.
Posted to alt.home.repair

So, when 19 Muslim males between age 18 and 35 threaten the stews with box
cutters, that's plane drift?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Jim Elbrecht" wrote in message
DerbyDad03 wrote:
-snip-

Thread Hijack Alert!

Let's call it thread *drift*.g

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 07 Nov 2012 18:46:58 -0500, Jim Elbrecht
wrote:

DerbyDad03 wrote:
-snip-

Thread Hijack Alert!

Let's call it thread *drift*.g

[...]

Inadvertently I have the same setup Jim and it works fine. I bought a
cheap coffee maker for my daughter who ended up giving it back to me.
When mine failed, I substituted hers which was a simple maker with a
on/off switch and added my timer at the outlet to it. Nothing fancy
but works good.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Roomba (was: Coffeemaker just steams- the fix)

On 11-07-2012 08:05, Jim Elbrecht wrote:
This is one of those 'so simple I can't believe I didn't think of it
myself' stories.

[snip nice story].

Works perfect now.

I wonder how many pots I've tossed that could have been fixed so
easily.

On impulse, I paid $35 for an "as-is" Roomba¹ at Goodwill. Turns out
all it needed was a $55 battery.

Used it twice. Very entertaining, but if I'm going to waste time
watching it, I might as well push my upright that does a better job.
Plus, it had a peculiar talent for getting into places it couldn't
get out of.

The silver lining is that only two weeks later I met a woman whose
medical condition had made her too weak to use her upright.

¹robot vacuum cleaner originally about $300

--
Wes Groleau

You're all individuals!
Yes, we're all individuals!
You're all different!
Yes, we are all different!
I'm not!
("Life of Brian")

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/07/2012 01:35 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Does any one know of a reasonably priced coffee maker that can be
plumbed into the house water system?

Yeah, go to a place that sells used restaurant equipment and get an old
Bunn unit.

Of course, it has to have the rest of the desirable features:
Programmable, auto-off, correct brewing temp, decent holding temp,
etc.

Picky, picky!

Jon

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Used supply? I'd like to check out your
old Bunns, and maybe see them up close?
Yeah, I want to get hooked up, and I want
it hot and fresh."

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Jon Danniken" wrote in message
On 11/07/2012 01:35 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Does any one know of a reasonably priced coffee maker that can be
plumbed into the house water system?

Yeah, go to a place that sells used restaurant equipment and get an old
Bunn unit.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 7 Nov 2012 13:35:32 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03
wrote:

[...]

Not for a plumbed coffee maker. Too extreme for me.
You might look for a maker with a removable tank.
Takes away the water pouring part.
I had an under cabinet B&D with a tank. Very good, never leaked.
Easy to fill at the sink.
The thermal carafe was crap though, and that's why I finally tossed
after about 5 years. They don't make that model any more.
You're on you own I think. And it seems half the brands I've had have
had a poorly formed spout on the carafe, and drip.
The rummage store Mr Coffee we use now might be the best we've had.
Big opening to pour water and a good spout on the carafe.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Currently, we're using our spare coffee maker, which I like (an older
Gevalia thermal carafe type) but I'd like to put that back on the
shelf as a spare and get a new, larger capacity one that I can plumb
so I don't have to fill it each time. Any ideas?

Look for a Bunn commercial model. A-10 is about $325 or so.

Not plumbed in, but my wife would not part with our Technivorm
Moccamaster for good coffee. She never has spills with a good pouring
container. It has a wide receptacle for the water.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 8 Nov 2012 00:09:24 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03
wrote:

We make coffee at different times of the morning depending on what is
planned for the day. Work days, play days, travel days, etc. If we're going
to have to "program" the timer - assuming we could plug it into an
accessible location - for different times on different days, I'd rather
just program the coffee maker.

Our pot makes coffee in 6 minutes. You flip the switch, take a leak,
put your socks on and the coffee is ready.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

We make coffee at different times of the morning depending on what is
planned for the day. Work days, play days, travel days, etc. If we're going
to have to "program" the timer - assuming we could plug it into an
accessible location - for different times on different days, I'd rather
just program the coffee maker.

Our pot makes coffee in 6 minutes. You flip the switch, take a leak,
put your socks on and the coffee is ready.

Speed is not an advantage when making coffee. If the water is not in
contact with the grounds long enough, you won't get as much flavor. Water
temp, filter shape, grounds size, brew time, etc. all have an impact on the
quality of my favorite beverage.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

The B&D I just tossed has a removable tank. Unfortunately is was a bad
design - long and flat. When you filled it for 10 - 12 cups, the water
sloshed out of the large fill hole when you inserted the tank into the
machine. The water then dripped out the sides of the tank holder onto
the counter.

http://infiniteelectronix.com/images...er/SDC740B.jpg

The thermal carafe was crap though, and that's why I finally tossed
after about 5 years. They don't make that model any more.
You're on you own I think. And it seems half the brands I've had have
had a poorly formed spout on the carafe, and drip.

The original carafe was fine. No drips. Then we got a recall notice
about the danger of the handle falling off and traded it in. The new
carafe leaked from the seam between the plastic rim and the glass. You
could actually lift the plastic rim up a bit. Don't know if it's
supposed the glued on or just tightly form fitted, but the new (safer)
carafe was not water tight between the glass and the plastic rim.

The other PITA thing with that coffee maker was that the buttons for
setting the clock and programming the unit were backwards. Minutes on
the left, hours on the right. What were they thinking?

Oh yeah, it never kept the coffee hot enough for us either.

The rummage store Mr Coffee we use now might be the best we've had.
Big opening to pour water and a good spout on the carafe.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/07/2012 08:33 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Speed is not an advantage when making coffee. If the water is not in
contact with the grounds long enough, you won't get as much flavor. Water
temp, filter shape, grounds size, brew time, etc. all have an impact on the
quality of my favorite beverage.

That's why I make my coffee manually, by adding grounds to a pot of
water taken off of the stove just after it comes to a boil.

They (the grounds) sit in that water while I dither for a few minutes,
then it all gets filtered *quickly* through a gold filter.

It does take a bit more work than a coffee make, I will admit, but the
result is something you cannot achieve with a machine.

Jon

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

We make coffee at different times of the morning depending on what is
planned for the day. Work days, play days, travel days, etc. If we're going
to have to "program" the timer - assuming we could plug it into an
accessible location - for different times on different days, I'd rather
just program the coffee maker.

Our pot makes coffee in 6 minutes. You flip the switch, take a leak,
put your socks on and the coffee is ready.

Speed is not an advantage when making coffee. If the water is not in
contact with the grounds long enough, you won't get as much flavor. Water
temp, filter shape, grounds size, brew time, etc. all have an impact on the
quality of my favorite beverage.

Exactly, that is why we bought a Technivorm Moccasmaster. Takes 6
Minutes. It is one of only a few units approved by SCAE
http://www.technivorm.com/

We also grind coffee fresh and buy good coffee to start with.
www.armeno.com and www.smithfarms.com
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Speed is not an advantage when making coffee. If the water is not in
contact with the grounds long enough, you won't get as much flavor. Water
temp, filter shape, grounds size, brew time, etc. all have an impact on the
quality of my favorite beverage.

Well, espresso brews fast. Talking about "best" coffee is like
talking about "best" beer.
After going through many coffee brewing permutations, I've come to
only 4 personal conclusions. Drip is best. Fresh brewed is best,
whatever the coffee. Heating after brewing is bad. And I prefer paper
filtering.
So sometimes I brew one big cup.
Usually I don't. I do 8-12 cups, drink one "best" cup, then drink the
rest either lukewarm, cold, or nuked. I'm an "all day" drinker.
Hasn't killed me yet.
In the big drip coffeemakers I've used, haven't noticed a quality
difference in the brew, whether I brewed a single big cup or a full
carafe. I tried a couple little 2-4 cup drip makers, and they didn't
make coffee I liked. Probably the basket size/water flow isn't right.
So what you say is all true.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 07 Nov 2012 23:56:32 -0500, DerbyDad03
wrote:

The B&D I just tossed has a removable tank. Unfortunately is was a bad
design - long and flat. When you filled it for 10 - 12 cups, the water
sloshed out of the large fill hole when you inserted the tank into the
machine. The water then dripped out the sides of the tank holder onto
the counter.

http://infiniteelectronix.com/images...er/SDC740B.jpg

Yeah, you can tell by looking it's not a good tank design for
transport/insertion. Mine was tall,deep, and narrow. Easy to hold,
no sloshing, easy insert, and never leaked.
Of course it didn't really "save space" with everything hanging down
far enough that a toaster or something would slide under it.
More like a fixed object getting in the way.
Wife wanted it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

The B&D I just tossed has a removable tank. Unfortunately is was a bad
design - long and flat. When you filled it for 10 - 12 cups, the water
sloshed out of the large fill hole when you inserted the tank into the
machine. The water then dripped out the sides of the tank holder onto
the counter.

http://infiniteelectronix.com/images...er/SDC740B.jpg

Yeah, you can tell by looking it's not a good tank design for
transport/insertion. *Mine was tall,deep, and narrow. *Easy to hold,
no sloshing, easy insert, and never leaked.
Of course it didn't really "save space" with everything hanging down
far enough that a toaster or something would slide under it.
More like a fixed object getting in the way.
Wife wanted it.

My previous "space maker" was probably just like yours with a square
tank. I forget why I replaced it, but it was old and something went
bad on it that I couldn't fix. The replacement was the style I
recently tossed and at first I thought the resulting extra space under
the tank would be nice. Unfortunately, with all the dripping, the only
thing we kept underneath it was a cloth placemat to absorb the water.

I like the Gevalia with the thermal carafe that we're using now (we
got it free many years ago with a order of coffee) but it only does 8
cups. It makes good coffee and the thermal carafe keeps it fresh, but
it doesn't have a timer. I also want to keep it as a spare and as a
"travel pot" when we go cabin camping, etc.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

One permutation you didn't mention was filter style. Some say (and I
agree) that cone filters are better than decanter (flat bottom)
filters. With the grounds concentrated at the bottom of the cone, more
flavor is extracted.

Then there's paper vs. metal, white vs. natural, bleached white vs.
natural white, etc.

Here's a pretty good write-up on filter choices:

http://www.melitta.com/faq_brewing,174.html

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 8 Nov 2012 06:08:24 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03
wrote:

One permutation you didn't mention was filter style. Some say (and I
agree) that cone filters are better than decanter (flat bottom)
filters. With the grounds concentrated at the bottom of the cone, more
flavor is extracted.

Then there's paper vs. metal, white vs. natural, bleached white vs.
natural white, etc.

Here's a pretty good write-up on filter choices:

http://www.melitta.com/faq_brewing,174.html

Yeah, I've tried all I've heard of. Used cone and decanter, bleached,
unbleached. They all made good coffee - to me.
A lot is just psychology. If you think natural is better than a
white, it will be if you know about it. The fact will be in your head
when you take the first sip.
Only thing I'm sure about is a paper filter absorbs something that I
don't care for in my coffee. Because my dad uses a gold filter and
I've tried them myself, and there's a bitterness or acidity in the
brewed coffee that I don't care for. Personal taste.
Coke, no Pepsi. Vernors Ginger Ale, not Canada Dry. etc.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I'm not sure if you read the section on paper vs. permanent filters at
that site, but everything you say about paper being the better filter
is true.

Finer grounds can be used, therefore more flavor.
Bitter sediments are filtered out.
Cholesterol raising oils are filtered out.

Not to mention how much of a PITA it is to clean the metal filters. We
rented a house in the Outer Banks this summer. The coffee maker had a
metal filter and the house was on septic. How the heck do you clean
the metal filter without letting some grounds go down the drain?

When we went to the store I picked up paper filters to use for the
week.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 08 Nov 2012 02:16:49 -0800, Jon Danniken
wrote:

On 11/07/2012 08:33 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Speed is not an advantage when making coffee. If the water is not in
contact with the grounds long enough, you won't get as much flavor. Water
temp, filter shape, grounds size, brew time, etc. all have an impact on the
quality of my favorite beverage.

That's why I make my coffee manually, by adding grounds to a pot of
water taken off of the stove just after it comes to a boil.

They (the grounds) sit in that water while I dither for a few minutes,
then it all gets filtered *quickly* through a gold filter.

It does take a bit more work than a coffee make, I will admit, but the
result is something you cannot achieve with a machine.

Jon

This almost sounds like the old Perculator method of making coffee.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
On 11/07/2012 08:33 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Speed is not an advantage when making coffee. If the water is not in
contact with the grounds long enough, you won't get as much flavor. Water
temp, filter shape, grounds size, brew time, etc. all have an impact on the
quality of my favorite beverage.

That's why I make my coffee manually, by adding grounds to a pot of
water taken off of the stove just after it comes to a boil.

They (the grounds) sit in that water while I dither for a few minutes,
then it all gets filtered *quickly* through a gold filter.

It does take a bit more work than a coffee make, I will admit, but the
result is something you cannot achieve with a machine.

Jon

This almost sounds like the old Perculator method of making coffee.- Hide quoted text -

Actually, Jon's method is closer to the French Press method than
percolated (not perc-u-lated) coffee.

Percolated coffee still uses a basket and strainer, sort of like a
drip coffee maker, but the difference is that a drip maker drips plain
water through the grounds while a percolator drips (recycles?) coffee
through the grounds as it boils up through the stem.

A French Press forces water through the grounds with no filter used.
See he

http://whatscookingamerica.net/Beverage/FrenchPress.htm

Both Jon's method and the French Press method is known as "steeped"
coffee. Jon filters his grounds out, while a French Press simply
pushes them to the bottom of the pot.

See here for more ways to make coffee:

http://www.coffeeteawarehouse.com/coffee-brew.html
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 8 Nov 2012 13:25:11 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03
wrote:

See here for more ways to make coffee:

http://www.coffeeteawarehouse.com/coffee-brew.html

What that site calls "Cowboy coffee", we called _John Wayne_ coffee
when hunting in the swamps.

Just strain it through your teeth. G

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 11/07/2012 08:33 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Speed is not an advantage when making coffee. If the water is not in
contact with the grounds long enough, you won't get as much flavor. Water
temp, filter shape, grounds size, brew time, etc. all have an impact on the
quality of my favorite beverage.

That's why I make my coffee manually, by adding grounds to a pot of
water taken off of the stove just after it comes to a boil.

They (the grounds) sit in that water while I dither for a few minutes,
then it all gets filtered *quickly* through a gold filter.

It does take a bit more work than a coffee make, I will admit, but the
result is something you cannot achieve with a machine.

Jon

I tried this tonite and while it did taste a little smoother, I
probably won't do it again. But it was interesting because it taught
me that should my coffee maker go kaput, I can still enjoy my coffee
doing it this way and not go into coffee withdrawals. Thanks for
this info.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11-08-2012 09:34, Vic Smith wrote:
A lot is just psychology. If you think natural is better than a
white, it will be if you know about it. The fact will be in your head

When I was in San Diego, I brought into the office a can of coffee I had
bought in Mexico. Coworkers kept telling me how bad it tasted.

I found an empty Folgers can, dumped it all into that and a miracle
happened. It became great coffee.

--
Wes Groleau

€œThere are more people worthy of blame
than there is blame to go around."

Posted to alt.home.repair

Thanks for posting this! Just fixed my coffee maker. I was ready to go buy a new one this morning. No need now.

--

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: Any email from River View Local School District &
attached documents may contain confidential information. All information is

--
Â* https://goo.gl/2061Vshttps://goo.gl/2061Vs https://goo.gl/2061VsÂ* Â* Â*
Â*Â*Â*Please follow us on our Social Media Pages Â* Â* Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*

Â*
Posted to alt.home.repair

He found a meat thermometer with a battery problem in the drawer.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 26 Jun 2020 17:11:51 -0400, Fred McKenzie posted for
all of us to digest...

In article ,
wrote:

On Wed, 24 Jun 2020 11:15:08 -0400, Fred McKenzie
wrote:

In article ,
wrote:

Thanks for posting this! Just fixed my coffee maker. I was ready to go buy
new one this morning. No need now.

What kind of coffee maker? What was the problem, and how did you fix it?
Fred

Maybe related to this 2012 thread in google groups ?
.. or maybe not - who knows ... ?

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!to...ir/LCm5E-DCP5o

John T.

I found the same Google posting. It started 11/7/12 and ends with our
postings here. I wonder if Jim Elbrecht is still around?

Fred

Haven't seen him here in a long time.
--
Tekkie