Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Coffeemaker just steams- the fix

Jim Elbrecht wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:
-snip-

Thread Hijack Alert!

Let's call it thread *drift*.g

Does any one know of a reasonably priced coffee maker that can be
plumbed into the house water system?

I haven't seen a plumbed in one-- but my current setup has the pot
close enough to the sink to reach with my pull-out faucet. I *like*
that a lot-- much simpler than filling the pot and dumping water
everywhere.

If you were willing to do the plumbing, anyway, I'd look at plumbing a
faucet in near the pot-- and if it reaches the stove, too, all the
better.
http://www.houzz.com/pot-filler

-snip-
Of course, it has to have the rest of the desirable features:
Programmable, auto-off, correct brewing temp, decent holding temp,
etc.

I quit buying programmable pots and now I buy the $10 pot and plug it
into a $5 timer that will turn it on and off.

Jim

The pot filler idea has merit, but the timer would be more of a hassle than
it would be worth the savings.

We make coffee at different times of the morning depending on what is
planned for the day. Work days, play days, travel days, etc. If we're going
to have to "program" the timer - assuming we could plug it into an
accessible location - for different times on different days, I'd rather
just program the coffee maker.