Posted to alt.home.repair
Jon Danniken[_7_] Jon Danniken[_7_] is offline

Default Coffeemaker just steams- the fix

On 11/07/2012 08:33 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Speed is not an advantage when making coffee. If the water is not in
contact with the grounds long enough, you won't get as much flavor. Water
temp, filter shape, grounds size, brew time, etc. all have an impact on the
quality of my favorite beverage.

That's why I make my coffee manually, by adding grounds to a pot of
water taken off of the stove just after it comes to a boil.

They (the grounds) sit in that water while I dither for a few minutes,
then it all gets filtered *quickly* through a gold filter.

It does take a bit more work than a coffee make, I will admit, but the
result is something you cannot achieve with a machine.

Jon