Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug[_16_] Doug[_16_] is offline

Default Coffeemaker just steams- the fix

On Wed, 07 Nov 2012 18:46:58 -0500, Jim Elbrecht
wrote:

DerbyDad03 wrote:
-snip-

Thread Hijack Alert!

Let's call it thread *drift*.g

Does any one know of a reasonably priced coffee maker that can be
plumbed into the house water system?

I haven't seen a plumbed in one-- but my current setup has the pot
close enough to the sink to reach with my pull-out faucet. I *like*
that a lot-- much simpler than filling the pot and dumping water
everywhere.

If you were willing to do the plumbing, anyway, I'd look at plumbing a
faucet in near the pot-- and if it reaches the stove, too, all the
better.
http://www.houzz.com/pot-filler

-snip-
Of course, it has to have the rest of the desirable features:
Programmable, auto-off, correct brewing temp, decent holding temp,
etc.

I quit buying programmable pots and now I buy the $10 pot and plug it
into a $5 timer that will turn it on and off.

Jim

Inadvertently I have the same setup Jim and it works fine. I bought a
cheap coffee maker for my daughter who ended up giving it back to me.
When mine failed, I substituted hers which was a simple maker with a
on/off switch and added my timer at the outlet to it. Nothing fancy
but works good.