Posted to alt.home.repair
Wes Groleau Wes Groleau is offline

Default Roomba (was: Coffeemaker just steams- the fix)

On 11-07-2012 08:05, Jim Elbrecht wrote:
This is one of those 'so simple I can't believe I didn't think of it
myself' stories.

[snip nice story].

Works perfect now.

I wonder how many pots I've tossed that could have been fixed so
easily.

On impulse, I paid $35 for an "as-is" Roomba¹ at Goodwill. Turns out
all it needed was a $55 battery.

Used it twice. Very entertaining, but if I'm going to waste time
watching it, I might as well push my upright that does a better job.
Plus, it had a peculiar talent for getting into places it couldn't
get out of.

The silver lining is that only two weeks later I met a woman whose
medical condition had made her too weak to use her upright.

¹robot vacuum cleaner originally about $300

--
Wes Groleau

You're all individuals!
Yes, we're all individuals!