Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Cuisinart TTG-500 Two-to-Go Coffeemaker

List Price:$75.00
Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B00005M1VF
Best price found: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B00005M1VF

I don't know what the deal is with this coffee maker, but I can't seem to get a good cup of coffee out of it. It comes out sour! No matter how much I clean it. I've tried it with numerous brands of coffee... That and you have to be on a perfectly level surface to get 2 even cups out of it. Otherwise one cup will overflow and the other will only be half full. Not that impressed.
This is the third one of these I have bought. It makes one or two cups of coffee better than any other I have tried. They hold up well. Only problem was on my second one the "On" buttom was a problem to work. This one works perfectly.
I hated the cup of coffee made by this product.I spent hours reviewing various coffeemakers online at many many sites with products and reviews from users and experts. It is difficult for me to get out to stores and then to walk through those giant stores and then still be able to think clearly due to exhaustion and pain from Lyme disease. So I do alot of shopping online with great success. This online shopping adventure had no success. Because I was seeking a machine that made only 16-24 oz of coffee and did not want a programmable one, that limited choices. I wanted to put in the water, put coffee in the filter, hit a button and come back in a few minutes to a wonderful cup of coffee. This machine doesn't make decent coffee. I think it is because the water isn't hot enough when it goes through the coffee filter. I tried all the tricks, preheating the thermal cups, making only one cup (all I needed) instead of two, and even using hotter water directly from the faucet (not the water I want to use regularly as it has that chlorine tang)instead of the water from my Brita filter. The cup of coffee always tasted flat and wasn't very hot even at the first sip and before half finished was tepid. So I finally did a direct comparison using exactly the same water and coffee with the machine and with water heated on the stove and poured through my two-cup Melitta plastic filter that sits atop a thermal cup. I did everything the same. The coffee from the machine was barely hot enough and tasted terrible. The coffee from my pour through manual filter was excellent. Verdict: the machine doesn't make good coffee probably because it doesn't heat the water hot enough. Whatever the cause, I don't need a coffee machine that saves me a bit of effort but produces a cup of coffee I don't want to drink. For those who read this review and wonder if it relates to their expectations, I am very fussy about my coffee and have a particular coffee roaster (Peets) that I've used for decades. I've tried other coffees when it wasn't convenient to buy from Peets, but always found the other brands duller tasting. I never buy coffee from places like donut shops, Star$, or drive-thrus. If I want to buy a cup of coffee I go to Peets or I make it at home. If I am somewhere Peets isn't available, I'll try the local coffee roaster's shop and it is often acceptable. But nothing so far has come up to the level of quality I get from using a manual filter and Peets coffee. Even if I am making a large amount of coffee for guests, I prefer using the larger filter cone and my thermal carafe. Another level of disappointment is that I paid $9 for it to be shipped to me, then $12 to ship it back, insured, according to the fussy requirements of the supplier (J&R Electronics or something like that). They were fine with me returning it, but I spent $20 just to try it out, plus the effort of repacking and going to the local UPS, which is difficult as I am disabled. Whole process was worthless and an added difficulty to a life that is already difficult to manage.
We got the coffee maker in about 2 days, which was a pleasant surprise. It is easy to use, makes a good cup of coffee and stays warm for a good part of the commute. In our experience, we get equal cups of coffee from both sides. The only thing I wish this had was a timer, so we could autostart for the morning. It does take a few minutes to get 2 cups done, so you need to give yourself time in the morning. We are also using more coffee than with our larger coffee maker, which may be why we are getting good tasting coffee!
This coffeemaker was ordered for a gift. It was exactly what my son wanted. It arrived on time and was well packed.
Cuisinart TTG500 Two to Go Coffeemaker - Though we'd love to sit back, relax, and enjoy a delicious cup of coffee, life has a tendency to keep us active and on-the-go. This device is designed to make coffee for the active individual, ready to kick-up and start the day with sips of this tasty warm beverage. The Cuisinart Two to Go brews directly into two travel mugs that hold 14 ounces of coffee each. The attractive black housing and high quality stainless steel mugs look great in any kitchen. Convenient, travel-ready mugs have tight fitting lids and are ergonomically designed for a comfortable, slip-free grip. They fit most car cup holders, and their extra-deep sipping wells prevents spills. Indicator light Auto shut-off #2 coffee filter starter kit
Perfect for preparing coffee at home before dashing out the door, this coffeemaker brews through the lids directly into either one or both of the 14-ounce travel mugs accompanying the machine. The stainless-steel mugs have rubber, nonslip grips, fit most vehicle cup holders, and are 6-3/4 inches high, with 2-5/8-inch-diameter rubber bottoms. Lids keep coffee hot in the mugs and are deeply indented and sloped toward the drink hole to contain spills. Both mugs and their lids are dishwasher-safe. The coffeemaker uses disposable paper filters (two included), automatically shuts off after the brewing process, and can also be used to heat water for tea, hot chocolate, and instant foods like oatmeal and soup. Made of gleaming black plastic, the coffeemaker measures 13 inches high, 5-1/4 inches wide, and 8-1/2 inches deep, and carries a three-year warranty against defects. --Fred Brack

SIMILAR PRODUCTS:

Cuisinart GTF-4 Gold Tone Filter for Cuisinart 4-cup Coffeemakers, Gold/Black:http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B000AYH770
Krups 203-70 Fast Touch Coffee Grinder, White:http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B00004SPET
Black & Decker DCM18S Brew 'n Go Personal Coffeemaker with Travel Mug:http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B00005MF9C
Cuisinart TTG-500RM Mug To Go:http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B000063CBO
Cuisinart DCG-20BK Coffee Bar Coffee Grinder, Black:http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B00004S9CY

ACCESSORIES:

Cuisinart DCG-12BC Grind Central Coffee Grinder:http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B0000A1ZN7
Cuisinart Sandwich Grill:http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B00006F2MD
Cuisinart CSB-76 SmartStick 200-Watt Immersion Hand Blender, White:http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B000EGC9SG
Keurig My K-Cup Reusable Coffee Filter:http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B000DLB2FI

Cuisinart Stainless steel pan delamination Buerste Metalworking 9 May 4th 09 11:37 AM
Cuisinart Food Processor John F. F.[_2_] Home Repair 4 February 19th 09 07:23 PM
Cuisinart Improveyourlife Home Repair 0 February 5th 08 06:40 PM
Krups Coffeemaker (repair) Puddin' Man Home Repair 7 September 24th 06 03:17 AM
How do I diagnose problem with Mr Coffee coffeemaker? Al Kondo Home Repair 9 July 7th 05 01:43 AM