Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cuisinart Food Processor

Does anyone know how to remove the shaft from the base of a Cuisinart food processor. The part is officially called a "shaft" and is the stem to which the bowl and cutting blade sit on.
Thanks.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"John F. F." wrote:

Does anyone know how to remove the shaft from the base of a Cuisinart food
processor. The part is officially called a "shaft" and is the stem to which
the bowl and cutting blade sit on.
Thanks.

Wouldn't that just be the shaft of the motor?
Posted to alt.home.repair

No. The shaft of the motor is covered with a rigid plastic sheath. I
misstated the official name of the part. It is called a "sheath" not a
shaft. The blade housing fits over the sheath which is molded to accept
the shape of the blade housing. I suspect the sheath is pressed on. I just
found a replacement part and the supplier tells me it comes with
instructions. So I'll see. Cuisinart went bankrupt years ago and of course
the warranty went with it. So much for the "27 Year Warranty".

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news In article ,
"John F. F." wrote:

Does anyone know how to remove the shaft from the base of a Cuisinart food
processor. The part is officially called a "shaft" and is the stem to
which
the bowl and cutting blade sit on.
Thanks.

Wouldn't that just be the shaft of the motor?

Posted to alt.home.repair

John wrote:
No. The shaft of the motor is covered with a rigid plastic sheath. I
misstated the official name of the part. It is called a "sheath" not a
shaft. The blade housing fits over the sheath which is molded to
accept the shape of the blade housing. I suspect the sheath is pressed
on. I just found a replacement part and the supplier tells me it comes
with instructions. So I'll see. Cuisinart went bankrupt years ago and
of course the warranty went with it. So much for the "27 Year Warranty".

I just ordered a replacement part for my Cuisinart food processor;
arrived yesterday. From Cuisinart.

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news In article ,
"John F. F." wrote:

Does anyone know how to remove the shaft from the base of a Cuisinart
food
processor. The part is officially called a "shaft" and is the stem
to which
the bowl and cutting blade sit on.
Thanks.

Wouldn't that just be the shaft of the motor?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message ...
John wrote:
No. The shaft of the motor is covered with a rigid plastic sheath. I
misstated the official name of the part. It is called a "sheath" not a
shaft. The blade housing fits over the sheath which is molded to
accept the shape of the blade housing. I suspect the sheath is pressed
on. I just found a replacement part and the supplier tells me it comes
with instructions. So I'll see. Cuisinart went bankrupt years ago and
of course the warranty went with it. So much for the "27 Year Warranty".

I just ordered a replacement part for my Cuisinart food processor;
arrived yesterday. From Cuisinart.

Cuisinart filed Chapter 11 in August 1989. In Dec.1989 Conair (maker of hair dryers) bought the Cuisinart name, food processor and cookware inventory, parts, patents etc. and continued to market under the name Cuisinart. What Conair didn't buy was the Warranty liability which was just wiped out under Bankruptcy law. Fortunately they have not changed most of the accessory parts.

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news In article ,
"John F. F." wrote:

Does anyone know how to remove the shaft from the base of a Cuisinart
food
processor. The part is officially called a "shaft" and is the stem
to which
the bowl and cutting blade sit on.
Thanks.

Wouldn't that just be the shaft of the motor?

How to make cutter discs for a food processor? peter Metalworking 3 January 4th 09 10:50 PM
Food shortage ethanol follies, I've planted a food garden. [email protected] Home Repair 106 May 8th 08 09:43 PM
Cuisinart Improveyourlife Home Repair 0 February 5th 08 06:40 PM
Braun food processor gerard hilgenberg Home Repair 2 August 25th 03 03:32 AM