Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected][_2_] norminn@earthlink.net[_2_] is offline

Default Cuisinart Food Processor

John wrote:
No. The shaft of the motor is covered with a rigid plastic sheath. I
misstated the official name of the part. It is called a "sheath" not a
shaft. The blade housing fits over the sheath which is molded to
accept the shape of the blade housing. I suspect the sheath is pressed
on. I just found a replacement part and the supplier tells me it comes
with instructions. So I'll see. Cuisinart went bankrupt years ago and
of course the warranty went with it. So much for the "27 Year Warranty".

I just ordered a replacement part for my Cuisinart food processor;
arrived yesterday. From Cuisinart.

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news In article ,
"John F. F." wrote:

Does anyone know how to remove the shaft from the base of a Cuisinart
food
processor. The part is officially called a "shaft" and is the stem
to which
the bowl and cutting blade sit on.
Thanks.

Wouldn't that just be the shaft of the motor?