Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT neighbor

On Mon, 15 Oct 2012 18:23:25 -0400, Norminn
wrote:

I see you already have many nice and helpful answers. Mine is a
little different.
Your neighbor is a jerk. Keep in mind, everything overhanging your
yard is allowed to be cut. I'd get someone with a chain saw to lop
every branch on your side of the properly line so he has a hideous
looking tree. Maybe it will fall onto his house.

Good luck with your problem.

Bad advice! The neighbor is already unfriendly, so provoking him is
bad. Cutting the branches as you suggest is a code violation where I
lived in Florida!

Some branches already fell so it is proven to be a danger. Cut away.
Not a code violation where I live. May even be required if a hazard.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message ...

On 10/15/2012 10:41 AM, Jan Taylor wrote:
Hello everyone. My husband used to post here, before he passed several
years ago. I used to enjoy reading this forum along side of him in the
evenings.

I have a "what would you do" question.

My neighbor has large trees, which overhang our property. During this past
wind storm, several large limbs ended up on my property. I asked him if he
could remove them, so I could cut the lawn. He called me every name in the
book, and told me it's my problem.

I suppose I could hire someone to remove them, but only having a fixed
income, and Arty didn't have life insurance, sure puts a bind on things
around here. I'd move them myself, but at 73, I'm afraid I don't have the
strength to, as it already takes me several days to cut the grass on a
city
lot.

What would you do?

Thank you.

OK you guys, lets find out where the nice lady lives and someone here
may be in the same town. If she lived around here, it wouldn't be a
problem for me to make a phone call or two and me and my friends would
get rid of the limbs tomorrow. Jan what city do you live in? If you were
in the Birmingham area, I can guarantee the limbs would be gone in no
time. Me and my friends are disabled, we're not rich but we help our
neighbors no matter how far away they live. When my friend RB, a Vietnam
vet died of cancer, me and his other friends adopted his elderly mother
and took care of her home repairs until she passed a few years ago.
There are good people everywhere who are willing to help out those in
need. Jan, you don't have to post your address but there could be
someone here who lives in the same city and if they're a righteous human
being they will get in touch with you and help you out. ^_^

TDD

Good man. I do things for friends and neighbors also. Help people that
cannot do things due to physical problems. I am a WWll vet and thankful I
can help people. WW

Posted to alt.home.repair

The Daring Dufas wrote:
[...]

As a side to that, she could call the fire department. Most
firefighterss work side jobs when off duty.
Here in DFW they have a website to lookup Of duty firemen.
And like you said, they'd probably would do it for nothing
knowing the circumstances.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 15 Oct 2012 17:25:47 -0400, wrote:

I hate these neighbor dispute questions. It usually winds up with
getting revenge as the only solution.
Revenge - Everything that hangs over your property is yours, including
tree branches from other properties. The neighbor is usually not
required to remove his fallen branches from your property.
So, you get a tree person to cut up the fallen branches on your property
and then have them cut all the branches on your neighbor's trees that
hang over your property so they don't fall on your property any more.

Perhaps if you told him that beforehand, he'll remove the branches.

MOST places the tree is his, the damage is his - or his liability
insurance - and if you shave everything off your side of his tree, you
are liable for the damage to his tree.

I don't think so. Everything I've ever heard is that one may trim
overhanging branches to the property line. (make sure you know where
the property line really is,or at least don't go beyond where it might
be..) Mrs. Taylor might want to post to misc.legal.moderated
where they will answer the legal questions. This is common issue and
well known.

My condolences to you, Mrs. Taylor. It sounds so pleasant, you and
Art reading a newsgroup or anything togeher.

Be sure to tell them what state you live in, and as many details as
possible. If the limbs in question were not healthy, and the owner
knew or should have known, if the lack of health showed from the
outside, that would make a difference, but I forget the details. Tell
them your details and they will you.

Trimming to the property line may make the tree ugly for your eyes and
his, but I agree, the threat might be enough to get him to remove
what's fallen rather than have you call someone to do that and the
trimmming too.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 16 Oct 2012 04:15:06 -0400, micky
wrote:

[...]

I forgot to say that misc.legal;moderated only releases posts every
few days. And they moderate every post, so yours won't appear right
away and the replies will take a few days even if they are posted
immediately. But unlike some questions, I dont' think they'll be
any doubt on any aspect of this one.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jan Taylor" wrote in message

My neighbor has large trees, which overhang our property. During this

past
wind storm, several large limbs ended up on my property. I asked him if

he
could remove them, so I could cut the lawn. He called me every name in

the
book, and told me it's my problem.

"Stormin Mormon" wrote

. . . Then, have them pitch the pieces over the fence into his yard.

Extremely bad advice!! Whatever you do Jan, DON'T have anyone throw
anything into your neighbor's yard at your request.

If your twitchy neighbor has a video camera, you could leave yourself open
to a charge of malicious mischief or littering and be responsible for any
damage done during the "repatriation" of the wood. That may seem strange
but it was an act of God that put those broken branches in your yard.
Having someone put the branches back in his yard is not. It's your
deliberate act and it's wrongful in many (most?) states, AFAIK.

About the only way I know of to get the offender to remove the branches is
for you to prove that they were already dead and represented a hazard that
the tree's owner was aware of. I just spent $3000+ removing such a tree
because I knew limbs were dead. It's a double-boled tree with a fence
running through it. Each year, I would inspect it for dead limbs (no leaf
growth) and this year, two very large branches (about 10" in diameter) did
not flower. Since my neighbor has a beautiful yard and two grandchildren
that often play there, I thought I'd rather pay the $ now to do it right
than worry that my tree could kill one of those kids. The tree had already
dropped a huge branch that dented my metal shed on a clear, calm day with no
winds. I didn't want a situation that money could fix to become one no
amount of money could.

My advice, in addition to the mostly useful advice received here, is to get
photographs of the branches in question (are there leaves on them or were
they dead?) and do it very obviously. That could induce your grumpy
neighbor to accept responsibility for removal of the limbs, especially if
other limbs are dead and need pruning. Some jurisdictions, like mine, have
an official arborist who can inspect you neighbor's tree and determine if
those limbs should have been removed BEFORE they were brought down by wind.
This step is often necessary to force the offending neighbor to properly
care for his trees (many homeowners fail in this area). I suspect the
branches now in your yard won't be the last ones, particularly if your
neighbor doesn't properly care for his trees.

--
Bobby G.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I see you already have many nice and helpful answers. Mine is a
little different.
Your neighbor is a jerk. Keep in mind, everything overhanging your
yard is allowed to be cut. I'd get someone with a chain saw to lop
every branch on your side of the properly line so he has a hideous
looking tree. Maybe it will fall onto his house.

Good luck with your problem.

Bad advice! The neighbor is already unfriendly, so provoking him is
bad. Cutting the branches as you suggest is a code violation where I
lived in Florida!

Some branches already fell so it is proven to be a danger. Cut away.
Not a code violation where I live. May even be required if a hazard.

No, big difference. Apparently slicing off a neighbor's branches along
the property line has been tried too many times...it specifically is
cited in the city code where I lived in Florida. In general, that code
leaves a property owner to care for trees on their own property as they
wish, but for "hazardous" trees....if a tree might drop limbs or fall,
it doesn't have to be on the right of way to have removal ordered. Also
not supposed to remove trees of certain size without permit.

The towns/cities I've lived at in last 10 years have very pro-tree
policies....some programs to provide free (young) trees, or reduced cost
for planting larger trees. They certainly make a better looking
community, IMO.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 15 Oct 2012 16:46:32 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I see you already have many nice and helpful answers. Mine is a
little different.
Your neighbor is a jerk. Keep in mind, everything overhanging your
yard is allowed to be cut. I'd get someone with a chain saw to lop
every branch on your side of the properly line so he has a hideous
looking tree. Maybe it will fall onto his house.

Good luck with your problem.

Thats what I was thinking. That neighbor sounds like a real asshole.
By law, since it's his branches, HE must clean them up. Same as if he
dumped his garbage in your yard. I'd call the police and file a
complaint. They may refer you to a building inspector, or just threaten
the neighbor themselves. He could get a fine for refusing to clean up
his mess.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/16/2012 12:08 AM, ChairMan wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote:
[...]

Newsflash! I would suggest calling a tree removal company, give info
about the size and number of limbs needing removal...there is probably
someone nearby with a heart! Probably take a crew 30 seconds to stop by
a grab a few limbs (how many could there be from one neighbor?). I'd
bake a pie and have it ready )

We had a friend in Florida who was disabled, had received home repair
from a local sen. citizen support agency but the money ran out. He had
a terrible roof leak, with water streaming down through a bedroom light
fixture. He asked hubby to look at it, but we couldn't fix it. We had
gotten to know a good roofer through the problems we had with our condo
roof, so made a deal with him....asked him to take a look, give owner a
real lowball estimate but give us the real estimate and we would take
care of it. Bob, the roofer, just took care of it, no $. Bob was a
decent musician, too...working on a country CD.

As for grouchy neighbors, they are usually much worse off than me in
some respect....hope he gets over it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Dan Espen wrote:
"Jan Taylor" writes:

Hello everyone. My husband used to post here, before he passed
several years ago. I used to enjoy reading this forum along side of
him in the evenings.

I have a "what would you do" question.

My neighbor has large trees, which overhang our property. During
this past wind storm, several large limbs ended up on my property. I
asked him if he could remove them, so I could cut the lawn. He
called me every name in the book, and told me it's my problem.

I suppose I could hire someone to remove them, but only having a
fixed income, and Arty didn't have life insurance, sure puts a bind
on things around here. I'd move them myself, but at 73, I'm afraid
I don't have the strength to, as it already takes me several days to
cut the grass on a city lot.

What would you do?

Your homeowners insurance covers it.

Really? Then why did I spend days and days sawing, gathering and burning
100s of tons of tree trash after a hurricane in 2004? The answer is,
insurance did not cover that.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

Maybe just ready for a change? Check it out...
http://www.floridaloghouse.net

Posted to alt.home.repair

Dan Espen wrote in :

Okay, what's the problem with putting a claim in?

You risk getting your rates raised, or your policy cancelled altogether.

I did last year after the October Snows here in the North East.
Part of it included branch removal.

I haven't encountered the downside yet.

Post here again, *after* the policy renews.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/15/2012 1:26 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Oct 15, 1:23 pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
Walk to the corner store. Approach a few strong teenagers, and ask if they
want to make a couple bucks. Have them cut the branches into small enough
pieces to lift. Then, have them pitch the pieces over the fence into his
yard.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

"Jan Taylor" wrote in message

[...]

Really? This nice lady comes here asking for advice and you suggest
that she tell some teenagers to throw the limbs back over the fence?
Are you going to be there when the police show up?

Oh I see, that explains the part where the members of your church do a
lot of "free work"

After all, in another post you said: "I'm partial to the Church of
Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. They (we) do a lot of free work."

So the "free work" would be you being there when the police show up
after she follows your suggestion and has the teenagers throw the wood
over the fence, right? That's very nice of you.

I agree. That's the most half-assed suggestion I've read here in a
long while.

I hate to bring this up, but nowadays you have to: OP, whoever you
have doing the work, understand you'll be liable for any injuries
they sustain while helping you out. Your homeowner's insurance will
cover it, but that's the reason why hiring a licensed and insured pro
is preferable when you can afford to do so. It sounds like you can't
afford that, so just make sure that whoever helps you isn't careless
or goofing around - which, alas, is something teenagers are prone to
without supervision.

I'll second/third the suggestions already made to post a 'free
firewood' sign, or ask the local church or community group if any
members would like to come get it. When I had a major limb come down
in my yard, I had quite a few strangers knocking at the door asking
for permission to cut and remove the wood for their own use.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/15/2012 1:55 PM, Dan Espen wrote:
"Jan Taylor" writes:

[...]

They'll pay to bring professionals on-site and remove the branches correctly.

Her homeowners insurance _might_ cover it. Some policies only cover
removal if the tree or limb falls on a structure. The OP should pull
her policy and read it. She also has to look at her deductible. Even
if the policy covers it, her deductible might be so high as to render
the point moot.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Thank you for your service. I'd hate to have lost
world war two, we'd all be speaking German.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"WW" wrote in message

Good man. I do things for friends and neighbors also.
Help people that cannot do things due to physical
problems. I am a WWll vet and thankful I
can help people. WW

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/15/2012 3:46 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I see you already have many nice and helpful answers. Mine is a
little different.
Your neighbor is a jerk. Keep in mind, everything overhanging your
yard is allowed to be cut. I'd get someone with a chain saw to lop
every branch on your side of the properly line so he has a hideous
looking tree. Maybe it will fall onto his house.

The law usually permits people to trim overhanging branches, but not
do anything that would actually cause injury to the tree. If you have
to trim to the point where significant damage is likely to occur, you
may have a legal issue. It's hard to offer blanket advice in these
circumstances, except to say that with a neighbor like that, it's best
not to unduly provoke him, since he appears to be younger, more
aggressive and more likely to retaliate on this older woman.

Sometimes your next door neighbor is simply nuts. If that's the case
here, it's best to have as little contact as possible, especially if
you're old and vulnerable.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Norminn wrote:

Normally, branches over my property are MY responsibility. If the
trees on the neighbor's property are in poor condition, then it can
be a code violation and the city can require removal.

Glad you qualified your observation with "normally." While the branches
overhanging your property are "yours" if, in dealing with them, you kill
"his" tree, a whole new set of liabilities come up.

Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

Since that is like you asking me how the weather is going to be tomorrow,
I'd have to say, that depends on where you live.

I, me, personally, would call a zoning code enforcement officer, and have
them come out and look at the situation. They will then tell you the
choices you have so that when your neighbor is ranting and raving, you can
say, "Just check with zoning. I'm doing what they said to do."

All this advice is free on Internet, and worth thrice what you pay for it.
It's just that it may not apply to you in your locale, and actually get you
into trouble instead of solving your problem.

Start with your local officials, because, believe me, there is some little
official whose job it is to handle just such matters, and they like it when
people take care of their problems within the legal system, and they get to
justify their little cubicle for one more year.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

Might be the best answer yet. Free wood sign out front.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Moe DeLoughan"
wrote in message ...

I'll second/third the suggestions already made to post a 'free
firewood' sign, or ask the local church or community group if any
members would like to come get it. When I had a major limb come down
in my yard, I had quite a few strangers knocking at the door asking
for permission to cut and remove the wood for their own use.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"WW" wrote:
[...]

I would be willing to bring over my chain saw 3 o'clock in the morning.

Greg
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 16 Oct 2012 07:50:45 -0500, Moe DeLoughan
wrote:

[...]

Put the house up for sale and sell it to a REALLY miserable
character. Mabee a Hell's Angels member. It would give grouchy a taste
of his own.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, October 15, 2012 11:41:40 AM UTC-4, Jan Taylor wrote:
Hello everyone. My husband used to post here, before he passed several
years ago. I used to enjoy reading this forum along side of him in the
evenings.

Y'all are a bunch of suckers that fell for a clever troll.

No elderly woman would claim to enjoy reading THIS "forum." It's a dead giveaway.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Jan Taylor wrote:
[...]

Do you have grown kids or grandkids in the area that can help you.
Posted to alt.home.repair

slaps head

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

wrote in message
On Monday, October 15, 2012 11:41:40 AM UTC-4, Jan Taylor wrote:
Hello everyone. My husband used to post here, before he passed several
years ago. I used to enjoy reading this forum along side of him in the
evenings.

Y'all are a bunch of suckers that fell for a clever troll.

No elderly woman would claim to enjoy reading THIS "forum." It's a dead
giveaway.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"WW" wrote in message ...

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message ...

On 10/15/2012 10:41 AM, Jan Taylor wrote:
Hello everyone. My husband used to post here, before he passed several
years ago. I used to enjoy reading this forum along side of him in the
evenings.

I have a "what would you do" question.

My neighbor has large trees, which overhang our property. During this past
wind storm, several large limbs ended up on my property. I asked him if he
could remove them, so I could cut the lawn. He called me every name in the
book, and told me it's my problem.

If you can afford pay some one to remove it, then call SOB to court on front
of Judge JUDY,I am pretty sure that she will see that he pays.

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Doug Miller" wrote in message . ..
wrote in :

On Mon, 15 Oct 2012 16:46:32 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I see you already have many nice and helpful answers. Mine is a
little different.
Your neighbor is a jerk. Keep in mind, everything overhanging your
yard is allowed to be cut. I'd get someone with a chain saw to lop
every branch on your side of the properly line so he has a hideous
looking tree. Maybe it will fall onto his house.

Good luck with your problem.

Thats what I was thinking. That neighbor sounds like a real asshole.
By law, since it's his branches, HE must clean them up.

Wrong.

Do you imagine that the neighbor is required to rake his leaves out of her yard, too?

Same as if he
dumped his garbage in your yard.

Wrong.

Branches dropping off a tree is an act of God. Dumping garbage in someone else's yard is
a deliberate act of littering.

I'd call the police and file a
complaint. They may refer you to a building inspector, or just threaten
the neighbor themselves.

No, they won't. They'll tell the homeowner it's her responsibility to clean up her own yard.

He could get a fine for refusing to clean up
his mess.

No, he wouldn't. It's not his mess.

In the future, please constrain yourself to offering advice on subjects you actually know
something about.

If there are any.

Well Doug you could be right up to point, however person as Mrs. Miller
can go to lawyer explain situation, Lawyer send the letter to defender,
that his property causing problems to your property and if any damage accurse
because he/she did not took care of it to limit problem hi/she will be held liable
in court of law for everything that may results of his/hers arrogance.
Trick here is that advise was made and you have proof of that.
This can be applied to anything including structures.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jan Taylor" wrote

I'm afraid I just moved here this year, I don't drive, and have mobile
meals deliver what I need to eat. I suppose I could ask the delivery
person where to contact. I definately will look into the Red Cross &
Salvation Army.

It's just so depressing, I should have stayed in Arizona and not moved
north.

Sorry, I don't mean to be mean or anything, but what on earth are you doing
with your life? Do you just sit at home all day and watch TV? You're 73.
There are plenty of things you can do to earn money to pay for things you
need. Heck, I know a guy who is 87 and writes books about labor organizing
in the 1940s and 50s. I know a woman who is 90 who prunes her own trees and
teaches people how to use computers.

You're lucky in that you have a small income and your health. This is more
than a lot of people have, so count your blessings and use what you have and
run with it. You're bringing the depression on yourself when you have tools
that can help you enjoy life.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote

Y'all are a bunch of suckers that fell for a clever troll.

No elderly woman would claim to enjoy reading THIS "forum." It's a dead
giveaway.

I was wondering how she would have found this forum, given that Usenet is
all but extinct and Google Groups is not easily found by most people. On
the other hand, what if she is legit? Does it pain anyone to offer helpful
advice?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, October 15, 2012 11:41:40 AM UTC-4, Jan Taylor wrote:

My neighbor has large trees, which overhang our property. During this past

wind storm, several large limbs ended up on my property. I asked him if he

could remove them, so I could cut the lawn. He called me every name in the

book, and told me it's my problem.

I suppose I could hire someone to remove them, but only having a fixed

income, and Arty didn't have life insurance, sure puts a bind on things

around here. I'd move them myself, but at 73, I'm afraid I don't have the

strength to, as it already takes me several days to cut the grass on a city

lot.

What would you do?

I would talk to my homeowner's insurance agent. Cleanup may be covered, but having a claim on your record for what sounds like a fairly small cost may not be economical. I don't believe cleanup would be your neighbor's obligation because it doesn't sound like he breached any legal duty that would have prevented or diminished the mess. Your state's or city's law may say otherwise, though. Although the trees grow on his property, the storm -- a classic act of God for insurance purposes -- caused the damage (the mess).

To put the analysis in perspective, could your neighbor legitimately expect you to rake leaves out of his yard that fell off your tree? The only difference in the two situations is one of degree.

I hope another neighbor or charitable organization is willing to help you out. Good luck.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 16 Oct 2012 14:31:37 -0700, "David Kaye"
wrote:

"Stormin Mormon" wrote

Y'all are a bunch of suckers that fell for a clever troll.

No elderly woman would claim to enjoy reading THIS "forum." It's a dead
giveaway.

I was wondering how she would have found this forum, given that Usenet is
all but extinct and Google Groups is not easily found by most people. On
the other hand, what if she is legit? Does it pain anyone to offer helpful
advice?

She has her hubby's computer - and if he used a reader like Agent, the
group could very well have been one of his subscribed groups - so VERY
easy to find.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Grumpy" wrote in
:

Well Doug you could be right up to point, however person as Mrs. Miller
can go to lawyer explain situation, Lawyer send the letter to defender,
that his property causing problems to your property and if any damage accurse

*occurs

WHAT "damage"? The OP has deadfall branches in her yard, that's all. No mention of
anything being damaged anywhere.

because he/she did not took care of it to limit problem hi/she will be held liable
in court of law for everything that may results of his/hers arrogance.

You really think you can sue your neighbor to hold him liable for cleanup of branches that
fell from his trees into your yard and didn't damage anything?

You're just as nuts as the goof I replied to.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
On Tue, 16 Oct 2012 14:31:37 -0700, "David Kaye"
wrote:

"Stormin Mormon" wrote

Y'all are a bunch of suckers that fell for a clever troll.

No elderly woman would claim to enjoy reading THIS "forum." It's a dead
giveaway.

I was wondering how she would have found this forum, given that Usenet is
all but extinct and Google Groups is not easily found by most people. On
the other hand, what if she is legit? Does it pain anyone to offer helpful
advice?

She has her hubby's computer - and if he used a reader like Agent, the
group could very well have been one of his subscribed groups - so VERY
easy to find.

I can't see it, what is her server?

Greg
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 16 Oct 2012 08:58:12 -0500, "HeyBub" wrote:

Norminn wrote:

Normally, branches over my property are MY responsibility. If the
trees on the neighbor's property are in poor condition, then it can
be a code violation and the city can require removal.

Glad you qualified your observation with "normally." While the branches
overhanging your property are "yours" if, in dealing with them, you kill
"his" tree, a whole new set of liabilities come up.

Right, but the branches that fall are yours to deal with. You can trim the
tree but you'd better not kill it doing so.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 17 Oct 2012 00:32:14 +0000 (UTC), gregz

On Tue, 16 Oct 2012 14:31:37 -0700, "David Kaye"
wrote:

"Stormin Mormon" wrote

Y'all are a bunch of suckers that fell for a clever troll.

No elderly woman would claim to enjoy reading THIS "forum." It's a dead
giveaway.

I was wondering how she would have found this forum, given that Usenet is
all but extinct and Google Groups is not easily found by most people. On
the other hand, what if she is legit? Does it pain anyone to offer helpful
advice?

She has her hubby's computer - and if he used a reader like Agent, the
group could very well have been one of his subscribed groups - so VERY
easy to find.

I can't see it, what is her server?

Greg

I don't KNOW either - but just saying it is very possible.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"David Kaye" wrote:
"Stormin Mormon" wrote

Y'all are a bunch of suckers that fell for a clever troll.

No elderly woman would claim to enjoy reading THIS "forum." It's a dead
giveaway.

I was wondering how she would have found this forum, given that Usenet is
all but extinct and Google Groups is not easily found by most people. On
the other hand, what if she is legit? Does it pain anyone to offer helpful
advice?

Did you is the first line of her original post?