Posted to alt.home.repair
David Kaye David Kaye is offline

Default OT neighbor

"Jan Taylor" wrote

I'm afraid I just moved here this year, I don't drive, and have mobile
meals deliver what I need to eat. I suppose I could ask the delivery
person where to contact. I definately will look into the Red Cross &
Salvation Army.

It's just so depressing, I should have stayed in Arizona and not moved
north.

Sorry, I don't mean to be mean or anything, but what on earth are you doing
with your life? Do you just sit at home all day and watch TV? You're 73.
There are plenty of things you can do to earn money to pay for things you
need. Heck, I know a guy who is 87 and writes books about labor organizing
in the 1940s and 50s. I know a woman who is 90 who prunes her own trees and
teaches people how to use computers.

You're lucky in that you have a small income and your health. This is more
than a lot of people have, so count your blessings and use what you have and
run with it. You're bringing the depression on yourself when you have tools
that can help you enjoy life.