Posted to alt.home.repair
Moe DeLoughan[_2_] Moe DeLoughan[_2_] is offline

Default OT neighbor

On 10/15/2012 3:46 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I see you already have many nice and helpful answers. Mine is a
little different.
Your neighbor is a jerk. Keep in mind, everything overhanging your
yard is allowed to be cut. I'd get someone with a chain saw to lop
every branch on your side of the properly line so he has a hideous
looking tree. Maybe it will fall onto his house.

The law usually permits people to trim overhanging branches, but not
do anything that would actually cause injury to the tree. If you have
to trim to the point where significant damage is likely to occur, you
may have a legal issue. It's hard to offer blanket advice in these
circumstances, except to say that with a neighbor like that, it's best
not to unduly provoke him, since he appears to be younger, more
aggressive and more likely to retaliate on this older woman.

Sometimes your next door neighbor is simply nuts. If that's the case
here, it's best to have as little contact as possible, especially if
you're old and vulnerable.