Posted to alt.home.repair
ChairMan[_6_] ChairMan[_6_] is offline

Default OT neighbor

The Daring Dufas wrote:
On 10/15/2012 10:41 AM, Jan Taylor wrote:
Hello everyone. My husband used to post here, before he
passed
several years ago. I used to enjoy reading this forum
along side of
him in the evenings.

I have a "what would you do" question.

My neighbor has large trees, which overhang our property.
During
this past wind storm, several large limbs ended up on my
property. I
asked him if he could remove them, so I could cut the
lawn. He
called me every name in the book, and told me it's my
problem.

I suppose I could hire someone to remove them, but only
having a
fixed income, and Arty didn't have life insurance, sure
puts a bind
on things around here. I'd move them myself, but at 73,
I'm afraid
I don't have the strength to, as it already takes me
several days to
cut the grass on a city lot.

What would you do?

Thank you.

OK you guys, lets find out where the nice lady lives and
someone here
may be in the same town. If she lived around here, it
wouldn't be a
problem for me to make a phone call or two and me and my
friends would
get rid of the limbs tomorrow. Jan what city do you live
in? If you
were in the Birmingham area, I can guarantee the limbs
would be gone
in no time. Me and my friends are disabled, we're not rich
but we
help our neighbors no matter how far away they live. When
my friend
RB, a Vietnam vet died of cancer, me and his other friends
adopted
his elderly mother and took care of her home repairs until
she passed
a few years ago. There are good people everywhere who are
willing to
help out those in need. Jan, you don't have to post your
address but
there could be someone here who lives in the same city and
if they're
a righteous human being they will get in touch with you
and help you
out. ^_^
TDD

As a side to that, she could call the fire department. Most
firefighterss work side jobs when off duty.
Here in DFW they have a website to lookup Of duty firemen.
And like you said, they'd probably would do it for nothing
knowing the circumstances.