Posted to alt.home.repair
Moe DeLoughan[_2_] Moe DeLoughan[_2_] is offline

Default OT neighbor

On 10/15/2012 1:55 PM, Dan Espen wrote:
"Jan Taylor" writes:

Hello everyone. My husband used to post here, before he passed several
years ago. I used to enjoy reading this forum along side of him in the
evenings.

I have a "what would you do" question.

My neighbor has large trees, which overhang our property. During this past
wind storm, several large limbs ended up on my property. I asked him if he
could remove them, so I could cut the lawn. He called me every name in the
book, and told me it's my problem.

I suppose I could hire someone to remove them, but only having a fixed
income, and Arty didn't have life insurance, sure puts a bind on things
around here. I'd move them myself, but at 73, I'm afraid I don't have the
strength to, as it already takes me several days to cut the grass on a city
lot.

What would you do?

Your homeowners insurance covers it.
They'll pay to bring professionals on-site and remove the branches correctly.

Her homeowners insurance _might_ cover it. Some policies only cover
removal if the tree or limb falls on a structure. The OP should pull
her policy and read it. She also has to look at her deductible. Even
if the policy covers it, her deductible might be so high as to render
the point moot.