Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bad neighbor solution

Well, maybe not a "solution," but another arrow in the quiver:

"Just outside his sealed bedroom window, beyond the chain-link fence that
surrounds his next-door neighbor's yard, sit the reasons David Adams says he
can't sleep: two bushy-tailed dogs that bark and howl all night.

"Finally he discovered a Web site seemingly tailor-made for such suburban
woes: www.RottenNeighbor.com

If this site gives folks a place to vent, maybe they won't come here?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Call the police. That's why there are noise ordinances and police to
enforce them.

Mike
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 28, 10:02*am, wrote:
Call the police. *That's why there are noise ordinances and police to
enforce them.

Mike

Supersonic sound generator? Drives dogs off their heads! Hard on the
dogs but 'might' work?
Then there was the neighour who made recordings of the dogs and played
them back all day while out at work.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
Well, maybe not a "solution," but another arrow in the quiver:

"Just outside his sealed bedroom window, beyond the chain-link fence that
surrounds his next-door neighbor's yard, sit the reasons David Adams says
he can't sleep: two bushy-tailed dogs that bark and howl all night.

This is why we have anti-freeze.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
.. .
"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
Well, maybe not a "solution," but another arrow in the quiver:

"Just outside his sealed bedroom window, beyond the chain-link fence that
surrounds his next-door neighbor's yard, sit the reasons David Adams says
he can't sleep: two bushy-tailed dogs that bark and howl all night.

This is why we have anti-freeze.

broken clock springs in hamburger meat (Kurt Vonnegut)

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
Call the police. That's why there are noise ordinances and police to
enforce them.

Mike

Some people don't live in cities/towns and some have almost no noise
ordinances. Austin TX is one of them. Nothing until after 10:00pm.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"jthread" wrote in message

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
.. .
"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
Well, maybe not a "solution," but another arrow in the quiver:

"Just outside his sealed bedroom window, beyond the chain-link fence
that surrounds his next-door neighbor's yard, sit the reasons David
Adams says he can't sleep: two bushy-tailed dogs that bark and howl all
night.

This is why we have anti-freeze.

broken clock springs in hamburger meat (Kurt Vonnegut)

Oooh...nice. I'll keep that one in mind.

Posted to alt.home.repair

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
Well, maybe not a "solution," but another arrow in the quiver:

"Just outside his sealed bedroom window, beyond the chain-link fence that
surrounds his next-door neighbor's yard, sit the reasons David Adams says
he can't sleep: two bushy-tailed dogs that bark and howl all night.

This is why we have anti-freeze.

How do you feed that to the owners (who are the real problem)?
Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
Well, maybe not a "solution," but another arrow in the quiver:

"Just outside his sealed bedroom window, beyond the chain-link fence that
surrounds his next-door neighbor's yard, sit the reasons David Adams says
he can't sleep: two bushy-tailed dogs that bark and howl all night.

"Finally he discovered a Web site seemingly tailor-made for such suburban
woes: www.RottenNeighbor.com

If this site gives folks a place to vent, maybe they won't come here?

I don't know if it's just me but that site seems to have a very slow server.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"George" wrote in message
. ..
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
Well, maybe not a "solution," but another arrow in the quiver:

"Just outside his sealed bedroom window, beyond the chain-link fence
that surrounds his next-door neighbor's yard, sit the reasons David
Adams says he can't sleep: two bushy-tailed dogs that bark and howl all
night.

This is why we have anti-freeze.

How do you feed that to the owners (who are the real problem)?

If you can't make the owners behave like humans, and the law won't help you,
you have no choice but to kill the dog(s). Everyone knows this.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"jthread" wrote in message

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
.. .
"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
Well, maybe not a "solution," but another arrow in the quiver:

"Just outside his sealed bedroom window, beyond the chain-link fence
that surrounds his next-door neighbor's yard, sit the reasons David
Adams says he can't sleep: two bushy-tailed dogs that bark and howl all
night.

This is why we have anti-freeze.

broken clock springs in hamburger meat (Kurt Vonnegut)

Oooh...nice. I'll keep that one in mind.

"Now Lazzaro's eyes twinkled. 'Blood started coming out fo his mouth. He
started crying, and he rolled on the ground, as though the knives were on
the outside of him instead of on the inside of him. Then he tried to bite
out his own insides. I laughed, and I said to him, "You got the right idea
now. Tear your own guts out, boy. That's me in there with all those knives."'
So it goes." (Slaughterhouse Five)

I would never do that but it always comes to mind.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 11:22:00 -0400, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote Re Bad neighbor solution:

"George" wrote in message
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
Well, maybe not a "solution," but another arrow in the quiver:

"Just outside his sealed bedroom window, beyond the chain-link fence
that surrounds his next-door neighbor's yard, sit the reasons David
Adams says he can't sleep: two bushy-tailed dogs that bark and howl all
night.

This is why we have anti-freeze.

How do you feed that to the owners (who are the real problem)?

If you can't make the owners behave like humans, and the law won't help you,
you have no choice but to kill the dog(s). Everyone knows this.

This is true. However the OP made the strategic mistake of complaining
about the dogs. This should never be done because:

1) Dogs barking for a long time and the owner does nothing about it,
ergo the owner is not a reasonable neighorbor and will not solve the
problem.

2) Multiple complaints to dog owner result in no improvement.

3) Dogs are found in the "big sleep". Guess who is the first suspect?

Again: never complain about dogs if there is even a remote possibility
that you will have to take corrective action.

P.S. I live in a rural area and have several dogs.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Caesar Romano" wrote in message
On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 11:22:00 -0400, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote Re Bad neighbor solution:

"George" wrote in message
m...
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
[...]

Unless you skip 1, 2 and go directly to 3.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Caesar Romano" wrote in message
On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 11:22:00 -0400, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote Re Bad neighbor solution:

"George" wrote in message
m...
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
[...]

Good strategy.

Another kind works, assuming you can be fairly sure you'll get an
intelligent cop when the neighbor dials 911 on you: Clearly tell the
neighbor "If your doesn't stop doing (whatever), I will kill the dog." You
have to have an "if" in there. I did that with a neighbor, and she knew
exactly where I live because I pointed to my property and said "That's mine.
If your dog keeps crapping in my flower beds, I will kill it."

A cop came to the door and asked "Did you tell your neighbor you were going
to kill her?" I corrected him and explained the situation and what I really
said to her. He said "I understand. I'll take care of it." He went back to
the neighbor's house. Never saw the dog again. I'm guessing he told her "How
about you obey the law and you won't have crazy neighbors threatening your
dog?"

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 10:54:38 -0800, "SteveB" toquerville@zionvistas
wrote Re Bad neighbor solution:

bought one of these and mounted it on a pole on my truck

Bought one of what?
Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron Ron is offline

On Jun 28, 8:02*am, wrote:
Call the police. *That's why there are noise ordinances and police to
enforce them.

Mike

Not if it is zoned agricultural. (at least where I used to live)

Been there, done that. They would come out and talk to the people but
also told me there was nothing they could do. Told me to call animal
control to see if the dogs were being abused.

I also had a damn rooster next door that would start crowing at 6am on
the dot until 7am, the time I had to get up for work.

Needless to say I got little sleep when I lived in that house.

Thank god it was a rental!
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Ron says...

On Jun 28, 8:02=A0am, wrote:
Call the police. =A0That's why there are noise ordinances and police to
enforce them.

Mike

Not if it is zoned agricultural. (at least where I used to live)

Been there, done that. They would come out and talk to the people but
also told me there was nothing they could do. Told me to call animal
control to see if the dogs were being abused.

I also had a damn rooster next door that would start crowing at 6am on
the dot until 7am, the time I had to get up for work.

Needless to say I got little sleep when I lived in that house.

Thank god it was a rental!

So, you lived in an agricultural zone, and complained about this rooster...

Um- humm.

Next you'll move to a city, and complain about the traffic. Or maybe next to
train tracks...

Not that there aren't problems. But sometimes you got to take what you got
yourself into.

Banty

Posted to alt.home.repair

Caesar Romano wrote:

This is true. However the OP made the strategic mistake of complaining
about the dogs. This should never be done because:

1) Dogs barking for a long time and the owner does nothing about it,
ergo the owner is not a reasonable neighorbor and will not solve the
problem.

2) Multiple complaints to dog owner result in no improvement.

3) Dogs are found in the "big sleep". Guess who is the first suspect?

Again: never complain about dogs if there is even a remote possibility
that you will have to take corrective action.

Very good. Very, very good advice.

I actually told my neighbor I APPROVE of his barking dogs (I really do). I
can't hear them from the bedroom side of the house and they tend - I hope -
to discourage burglars.

Posted to alt.home.repair

SteveB wrote:
"Just outside his sealed bedroom window, beyond the chain-link
fence that surrounds his next-door neighbor's yard, sit the reasons
David Adams says he can't sleep: two bushy-tailed dogs that bark
and howl all night.

One of these will work.

I had a neighbor that I went round and round for a year. He was a
retired policeman, so thought rules were for other people. "Animal
Control" was a joke. The police referred us to Animal Control.

I bought one of these and mounted it on a pole on my truck, and
parked it on the street facing his house. The barking ended in one
night. I left it on for a few more nights, and the dogs barked once
in a while, but only a couple of barks instead of the 12 hour woof
woof woof of a pedigree Lab.
As stated, owners are the problems, not the pets.

If you're commenting on "The Invisible Dog Trainer (pat. pend.)," it works
here, too.

Posted to alt.home.repair

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"George" wrote in message
. ..
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
Well, maybe not a "solution," but another arrow in the quiver:

"Just outside his sealed bedroom window, beyond the chain-link fence
that surrounds his next-door neighbor's yard, sit the reasons David
Adams says he can't sleep: two bushy-tailed dogs that bark and howl all
night.

This is why we have anti-freeze.

How do you feed that to the owners (who are the real problem)?

If you can't make the owners behave like humans, and the law won't help you,
you have no choice but to kill the dog(s). Everyone knows this.

Hmmm,
Slice of bread soaked in anti-freeze?
Works all the time. sorry for the dog having an owner like that.
I am a dog owner.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron Ron is offline

On Jun 28, 1:27*pm, Banty wrote:
In article ,
Ron says...

On Jun 28, 8:02=A0am, wrote:
Call the police. =A0That's why there are noise ordinances and police to
enforce them.

Mike

Not if it is zoned agricultural. *(at least where I used to live)

Been there, done that. They would come out and talk to the people but
also told me there was nothing they could do. Told me to call animal
control to see if the dogs were being abused.

I also had a damn rooster next door that would start crowing at 6am on
the dot until 7am, the time I had to get up for work.

Needless to say I got little sleep when I lived in that house.

Thank god it was a rental!

So, you lived in an agricultural zone, and complained about this rooster....

Um- humm.

Where does it say I complained about the rooster?
Posted to alt.home.repair

"TD" wrote in message
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in
:

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
Well, maybe not a "solution," but another arrow in the quiver:

"Just outside his sealed bedroom window, beyond the chain-link fence
that surrounds his next-door neighbor's yard, sit the reasons David
Adams says he can't sleep: two bushy-tailed dogs that bark and howl
all night.

This is why we have anti-freeze.

It's the owner's fault for not training the dogs better.
You are abusive.

So, if the owner won't fix the problem, animal control people are useless
and the police won't deal with it, what do you suggest, Einstein?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"TD" wrote in message
"jthread" wrote in
:

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
.. .
"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
Well, maybe not a "solution," but another arrow in the quiver:

"Just outside his sealed bedroom window, beyond the chain-link fence
that surrounds his next-door neighbor's yard, sit the reasons David
Adams says he can't sleep: two bushy-tailed dogs that bark and howl
all night.

This is why we have anti-freeze.

broken clock springs in hamburger meat (Kurt Vonnegut)

It's the owner's fault for not training the dogs better.
You are abusive.

Oh lighten up. I wouldn't do it. It's from "Slaughterhouse Five".

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Noahbuddy" wrote in message
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in
:

"George" wrote in message
. ..
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
Well, maybe not a "solution," but another arrow in the quiver:

"Just outside his sealed bedroom window, beyond the chain-link
fence that surrounds his next-door neighbor's yard, sit the reasons
David Adams says he can't sleep: two bushy-tailed dogs that bark
and howl all night.

This is why we have anti-freeze.
How do you feed that to the owners (who are the real problem)?

If you can't make the owners behave like humans, and the law won't
help you, you have no choice but to kill the dog(s). Everyone knows
this.

Go drink it yourself.

What would be your solution if you exhausted absolutely all legal
possibilities and a neighbor's dog was still making life miserable for you?

Oh...you don't have one. Just as I thought.

Posted to alt.home.repair

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

What would be your solution if you exhausted absolutely all legal
possibilities and a neighbor's dog was still making life miserable
for you?

Kidnap the dog.
Enroll it in a two-week obedience camp.
Return the dog.

Sure, it'll cost a significant amount, but shouldn't you pay for your
problem?

Posted to alt.home.repair

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"Noahbuddy" wrote in message
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in
:

"George" wrote in message
. ..
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
Well, maybe not a "solution," but another arrow in the quiver:

"Just outside his sealed bedroom window, beyond the chain-link
fence that surrounds his next-door neighbor's yard, sit the reasons
David Adams says he can't sleep: two bushy-tailed dogs that bark
and howl all night.

This is why we have anti-freeze.
How do you feed that to the owners (who are the real problem)?

If you can't make the owners behave like humans, and the law won't
help you, you have no choice but to kill the dog(s). Everyone knows
this.

Go drink it yourself.

What would be your solution if you exhausted absolutely all legal
possibilities and a neighbor's dog was still making life miserable for you?

Oh...you don't have one. Just as I thought.

Put on some gloves, slip over in the dead of night, undo their chains,
and open the gate. They are barking because they are BORED. Better a
life as a stray, than a life in a cell with no pack to interact with.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

What would be your solution if you exhausted absolutely all legal
possibilities and a neighbor's dog was still making life miserable
for you?

Kidnap the dog.
Enroll it in a two-week obedience camp.
Return the dog.

Sure, it'll cost a significant amount, but shouldn't you pay for your
problem?

If a neighbor's dog barks all night, it's MY problem?

I knew you were stupid, but lately, you're raising stupid to an art form.

Posted to alt.home.repair

That's what he just said.....

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"jthread" wrote in message

This is true. However the OP made the strategic mistake of complaining
about the dogs. This should never be done because:

1) Dogs barking for a long time and the owner does nothing about it,
ergo the owner is not a reasonable neighorbor and will not solve the
problem.

2) Multiple complaints to dog owner result in no improvement.

3) Dogs are found in the "big sleep". Guess who is the first suspect?

Again: never complain about dogs if there is even a remote possibility
that you will have to take corrective action.

P.S. I live in a rural area and have several dogs.

Unless you skip 1, 2 and go directly to 3.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Wouldn't some meat help make it appetizing?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Tony Hwang" wrote in message

If you can't make the owners behave like humans, and the law won't help
you,
you have no choice but to kill the dog(s). Everyone knows this.

Hmmm,
Slice of bread soaked in anti-freeze?
Works all the time. sorry for the dog having an owner like that.
I am a dog owner.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Like that's gonna help?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...

Kidnap the dog.
Enroll it in a two-week obedience camp.
Return the dog.

Sure, it'll cost a significant amount, but shouldn't you pay for your
problem?

Posted to alt.home.repair

says he can't sleep: two bushy-tailed dogs that bark and howl all night.

One neighbor decided to leave town for a long weekend and put the dog in the
backyard to fend for itself. I presume someone was to come over and feed
it. After the first night and most of the next day of BARK BARK BARK, I
went over into the yard and grabbed the dog..took it over to their "dog
door" which had been blocked by something inside..rammed it OPEN and shoved
the dog INSIDE and blocked it from the outside.

I hope the AH had a lot of dog crap in there to clean up when he got home.
He never tried that again.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Ron says...

On Jun 28, 1:27=A0pm, Banty wrote:
In article =

.com,
Ron says...

On Jun 28, 8:02=3DA0am, wrote:
Call the police. =3DA0That's why there are noise ordinances and police=

enforce them.

Mike

Not if it is zoned agricultural. =A0(at least where I used to live)

Been there, done that. They would come out and talk to the people but
also told me there was nothing they could do. Told me to call animal
control to see if the dogs were being abused.

I also had a damn rooster next door that would start crowing at 6am on
the dot until 7am, the time I had to get up for work.

Needless to say I got little sleep when I lived in that house.

Thank god it was a rental!

So, you lived in an agricultural zone, and complained about this rooster.=

..

Um- humm.

Where does it say I complained about the rooster?

You just did!

Banty

Posted to alt.home.repair

"TD" wrote in message
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in
:

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
Well, maybe not a "solution," but another arrow in the quiver:

"Just outside his sealed bedroom window, beyond the chain-link fence
that surrounds his next-door neighbor's yard, sit the reasons David
Adams says he can't sleep: two bushy-tailed dogs that bark and howl
all night.

This is why we have anti-freeze.

It's the owner's fault for not training the dogs better.
You are abusive.

Abusive is when an owner lets the dog bark for 24 hours and does nothing
about it. That's abusive to the dog and to the neighbors. Sometimes
antifreeze is a plausible alternative to end the abuse of several parties.

The owner's fault? How do you reason with an idiot? (Not you, the owner.)

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Kidnap the dog.
Enroll it in a two-week obedience camp.
Return the dog.

Sure, it'll cost a significant amount, but shouldn't you pay for your
problem?

If a neighbor's dog barks all night, it's MY problem?

Well, yeah. The problem belongs to (usually) he who dislikes the situation.
If I'm allergic to cats and start dating a gal who has a fluffy, what should
I do? Off the cat? Make her choose? Get the shots? Find another woman? My
personal sense of morality says "Get the shots." Your sense of right/wrong
may, of course, differ.

I knew you were stupid, but lately, you're raising stupid to an art
form.

I know, I know. But what's art without suffering.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
That's what he just said.....

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"jthread" wrote in message

This is true. However the OP made the strategic mistake of complaining
about the dogs. This should never be done because:

1) Dogs barking for a long time and the owner does nothing about it,
ergo the owner is not a reasonable neighorbor and will not solve the
problem.

2) Multiple complaints to dog owner result in no improvement.

3) Dogs are found in the "big sleep". Guess who is the first suspect?

Again: never complain about dogs if there is even a remote possibility
that you will have to take corrective action.

P.S. I live in a rural area and have several dogs.

Unless you skip 1, 2 and go directly to 3.

I know. I didn't read it all the way.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron Ron is offline

On Jun 28, 8:02=3DA0am, wrote:
[...]