Knothead

Default Project for a neighbor

My neighbor has asked if I could help build a schnitzelbank. I DAGS and came
up with most German pages referring to cuisine or a restaurant. What am I
looking for, anybody?

Thomas Kendrick

A "Schnitzelbank" is a drawing-horse, a bench that you can sit
on while holding a drawknife or spokeshave while using your foot to
operate a pedal to alternately clamp and release the workpiece. It is
NOT a "hot-dog-bank".

On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 19:39:47 -0500, "Knothead"
wrote:

My neighbor has asked if I could help build a schnitzelbank. I DAGS and came
up with most German pages referring to cuisine or a restaurant. What am I
looking for, anybody?

Thomas Kendrick

See http://www2.mcdaniel.edu/Chemistry/WOOD/cgwkshps.htm
which has pictures of various shaving horses. It also uses the term
schnitzelbank on this site.

There are also references to a schnitzelbank as a sausage board, but
it is more likely that some sort of fixture for use with a drawknife
is what he has in mind.

wrote:

My neighbor has asked if I could help build a schnitzelbank. I DAGS and came
up with most German pages referring to cuisine or a restaurant. What am I
looking for, anybody?

Unquestionably Confused

wrote:

My neighbor has asked if I could help build a schnitzelbank. I DAGS and came
up with most German pages referring to cuisine or a restaurant. What am I
looking for, anybody?

Well, there you have it. Suggest you ask your neighbor how big a
sausage he wants on his schnitzelbank. If he looks at you funnier than
usual, grab the plans for the shaving horse and get busyg

Old Nick

In article , says...
My neighbor has asked if I could help build a schnitzelbank. I DAGS and came
up with most German pages referring to cuisine or a restaurant. What am I
looking for, anybody?

http://www.fuzzy.com/tooninfo/animan...nitzelbank.htm
"... Yes, "Schnitzelbank" is an old German folk song, and it's fairly
.... Ist das nicht dein schnitzelbank? (Isn't that your carving bench?)
...."

Knothead

Thanks guys, I was really starting to wonder if I needed to butcher
something to complete a materials list.
Knothead

"Knothead" wrote in message
My neighbor has asked if I could help build a schnitzelbank. I DAGS and
came up with most German pages referring to cuisine or a restaurant. What
am I looking for, anybody?

Dave in Fairfax

"Knothead" wrote in message
My neighbor has asked if I could help build a schnitzelbank. I DAGS and
came up with most German pages referring to cuisine or a restaurant. What
am I looking for, anybody?

You're prolly looking for a dumbhead style shavehorse. Really.
OTOH, you'd better make him an extra long chest board too, just in
case...

Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader