Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bad neighbor solution

jthread wrote in message

I don't know if it's just me but that site seems to have a very slow

server.

Very slow.

Cheri

Posted to alt.home.repair

Cheri gserviceatinreachdotcom wrote in message
. ..
jthread wrote in message

I don't know if it's just me but that site seems to
have a very slow server.

Very slow.

Glacial.

The Ranger

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat 28 Jun 2008 10:48:30a, TD told us...

"jthread" wrote in
:

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
.. .
"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
Well, maybe not a "solution," but another arrow in the quiver:

"Just outside his sealed bedroom window, beyond the chain-link fence
that surrounds his next-door neighbor's yard, sit the reasons David
Adams says he can't sleep: two bushy-tailed dogs that bark and howl
all night.

This is why we have anti-freeze.

broken clock springs in hamburger meat (Kurt Vonnegut)

It's the owner's fault for not training the dogs better.
You are abusive.

Maybe he could get the owners to eat the hamburger.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Saturday, 06(VI)/28(XXVIII)/08(MMVIII)

Posted to alt.home.repair

Exactly wrong. I'd tell the gal, 'me or the cat'. Let her decide.

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
If I'm allergic to cats and start dating a gal who has a fluffy, what
should I do? Off the cat? Make her choose? Get the shots? Find another
woman? My personal sense of morality says "Get the shots." Your sense of
right/wrong may, of course, differ.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Kidnap the dog.
Enroll it in a two-week obedience camp.
Return the dog.

Sure, it'll cost a significant amount, but shouldn't you pay for your
problem?

If a neighbor's dog barks all night, it's MY problem?

Well, yeah. The problem belongs to (usually) he who dislikes the
situation. If I'm allergic to cats and start dating a gal who has a
fluffy, what should I do? Off the cat? Make her choose? Get the shots?
Find another woman? My personal sense of morality says "Get the shots."
Your sense of right/wrong may, of course, differ.

I knew you were stupid, but lately, you're raising stupid to an art
form.

I know, I know. But what's art without suffering.

Based on your logic, it's OK for someone to pull up in front of your house
and send a few bullets through your living room window while your kids are
playing in there. The shooter's not the problem. It's your problem. You're
really fussy about the safety of your kids, so you should install
bullet-resistant windows.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , HeyBub says...

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Kidnap the dog.
Enroll it in a two-week obedience camp.
Return the dog.

Sure, it'll cost a significant amount, but shouldn't you pay for your
problem?

If a neighbor's dog barks all night, it's MY problem?

Well, yeah. The problem belongs to (usually) he who dislikes the situation.
If I'm allergic to cats and start dating a gal who has a fluffy, what should
I do? Off the cat? Make her choose? Get the shots? Find another woman? My
personal sense of morality says "Get the shots." Your sense of right/wrong
may, of course, differ.

You're correct in that senses of right/wrong differ. Furthermore, there are
differing interests to be balanced.

That's why things that affect the community as a whole, are decided by the
community as a whole.

Otherwise known as noise ordinances.

Banty

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Banty" wrote in message
In article , HeyBub
says...

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

[...]

I'd like to talk for 5 minutes with any ***LIAR*** who says they love it
when the neighbor's dog wakes them up 2 hours earlier than the alarm clock
is set for, and does this every night for two weeks. Anyone who says they'd
be OK with this is a ***LIAR***. There are no exceptions.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Here are 2 methods I don't recommend:

One real estate agent (in CA I think) got mad at another and ran an ad on
Craigslist. It gave an address and said they were remodelling the house and
needed to gut it. Come by and remove anything you want, but don't destroy
anything.

It was the address of an empty house the other realtor owned. Many showed up and
picked the house empty.

Another in Miami posted an ad pretending to be a hooker. He included the phone
number of a competing agent.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"RandyCorona" wrote in message
Here are 2 methods I don't recommend:

One real estate agent (in CA I think) got mad at another and ran an ad on
Craigslist. It gave an address and said they were remodelling the house
and
needed to gut it. Come by and remove anything you want, but don't destroy
anything.

It was the address of an empty house the other realtor owned. Many showed
up and
picked the house empty.

That was on national news. The person who ran the ad was prosecuted I
believe.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 29 Jun 2008 10:30:49 -0400, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

I'd like to talk for 5 minutes with any ***LIAR*** who says they love it
when the neighbor's dog wakes them up 2 hours earlier than the alarm clock
is set for, and does this every night for two weeks. Anyone who says they'd
be OK with this is a ***LIAR***. There are no exceptions.

It's ok with me. I like cats better than dogs though...FEED the
animals and don't be cruel to them. READ my tag line below whiner.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

'With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.'
HVAC/R program for Palm PDA's
Free demo now available online http://pmilligan.net/palm/

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Ron says...

On Jun 28, 6:46=A0pm, Banty wrote:
In article .=

com,
Ron says...

On Jun 28, 1:27=3DA0pm, Banty wrote:
In article =

ups=3D
.com,
Ron says...

On Jun 28, 8:02=3D3DA0am, wrote:
Call the police. =3D3DA0That's why there are noise ordinances and p=

olice=3D
enforce them.

Mike

Not if it is zoned agricultural. =3DA0(at least where I used to live)

Been there, done that. They would come out and talk to the people but
also told me there was nothing they could do. Told me to call animal
control to see if the dogs were being abused.

I also had a damn rooster next door that would start crowing at 6am o=

the dot until 7am, the time I had to get up for work.

Needless to say I got little sleep when I lived in that house.

Thank god it was a rental!

So, you lived in an agricultural zone, and complained about this roost=

er.=3D
..

Um- humm.

Where does it say I complained about the rooster?

You just did!

Banty

I said DOG - DOG - DOG.....got it now?

I mean that you just complained about the rooster HERE - HERE - HERE.

Even if you didn't complain about it to the owner (or authorities), still, come
on! There has been for awhile increasing numbers of people moving to rural
environments who aren't used to it, then complain about rural realities like
roosters and fertilizer and pesticide smells, and road use by agricultural
implements.

Banty

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I'd like to talk for 5 minutes with any ***LIAR*** who says they love it
when the neighbor's dog wakes them up 2 hours earlier than the alarm clock
is set for, and does this every night for two weeks. Anyone who says
they'd
be OK with this is a ***LIAR***. There are no exceptions.

It's ok with me. I like cats better than dogs though...FEED the
animals and don't be cruel to them. READ my tag line below whiner.

You're a liar. Nobody is OK with being awakened 2 hours early every day by
unnecessary noise.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron Ron is offline

On Jun 28, 8:02=3D3DA0am, wrote:
[...]

Nice try. Always paint yourself into a corner?

You wrote: So, you lived in an agricultural zone, and complained about
this rooster" insinuating that I complained about it to the LE, when
in fact I clearly wrote that I called LE on the dogs.

Now, **** off.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Ron says...

On Jun 29, 1:31=A0pm, Banty wrote:
In article .=

com,
Ron says...

On Jun 28, 6:46=3DA0pm, Banty wrote:
In article =

s.=3D
com,
Ron says...

On Jun 28, 1:27=3D3DA0pm, Banty wrote:
In article =

ro=3D
ups=3D3D
.com,
Ron says...

On Jun 28, 8:02=3D3D3DA0am, wrote:
Call the police. =3D3D3DA0That's why there are noise ordinances a=

nd p=3D
olice=3D3D
enforce them.

Mike

Not if it is zoned agricultural. =3D3DA0(at least where I used to l=

ive)

Been there, done that. They would come out and talk to the people b=

ut
also told me there was nothing they could do. Told me to call anima=

control to see if the dogs were being abused.

I also had a damn rooster next door that would start crowing at 6am=

o=3D
the dot until 7am, the time I had to get up for work.

Needless to say I got little sleep when I lived in that house.

Thank god it was a rental!

So, you lived in an agricultural zone, and complained about this roo=

st=3D
er.=3D3D
..

Um- humm.

Where does it say I complained about the rooster?

You just did!

Banty

I said DOG - DOG - DOG.....got it now?

I mean that you just complained about the rooster HERE - HERE - HERE.

Even if you didn't complain about it to the owner (or authorities), still,=

come
on! =A0

Nice try. Always paint yourself into a corner?

You wrote: So, you lived in an agricultural zone, and complained about
this rooster" insinuating that I complained about it to the LE, when
in fact I clearly wrote that I called LE on the dogs.

Now, **** off.

Who's squirming out of a corner here?
ai
The *point* is, it's silly to compln - officially or otherwise - about things
like roosters when you've moved to a rural area.

It's no surprise you're reacting like this, frankly. Always the *other* guy's
issue heh.

Banty

Posted to alt.home.repair

S. Barker wrote:
Exactly wrong. I'd tell the gal, 'me or the cat'. Let her decide.

Easy to say, harder to do. 99% of the time, they will pick the damn cat.
The cats are surrogate children for most women, IMHO. Hope you like
living alone....

--
aem sends...

Posted to alt.home.repair

I'm not alone. and i'm not allergic to cats. Or anythin else for that
matter. AND if they'd pick the cat, then they'd always pick the cat. you'd
always be second in line behind the cat. Phuck that.

"aemeijers" wrote in message

Easy to say, harder to do. 99% of the time, they will pick the damn cat.
The cats are surrogate children for most women, IMHO. Hope you like living
alone....

--
aem sends...

Posted to alt.home.repair

RandyCorona wrote:
Here are 2 methods I don't recommend:

One real estate agent (in CA I think) got mad at another and ran an
ad on Craigslist. It gave an address and said they were remodelling
the house and needed to gut it. Come by and remove anything you want,
but don't destroy anything.

It was the address of an empty house the other realtor owned. Many
showed up and picked the house empty.

Another in Miami posted an ad pretending to be a hooker. He included
the phone number of a competing agent.

I think they teach that stuff in Realtor School.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Banty wrote:

Who's squirming out of a corner here?
ai
The *point* is, it's silly to compln - officially or otherwise -
about things like roosters when you've moved to a rural area.

It's no surprise you're reacting like this, frankly. Always the
*other* guy's issue heh.

Banty

But that sort of thing is common. People move next to a firing range and
complain about the noise and safety issues. People move next to a railroad
track and complain about the trains.

Many years ago, a group at the end of an LAX runway complained about the
increased traffic, especially at night. They got vocal. Then they got
demonstrative. Then they went to the county board and state legislature.

But they forgot something.

LAX is an autonomous state agency. LAX condemned all the homes in the
subdivision under imminent domain, bulldozed the houses, and extended the
runway. Plus they announced the same thing would happen to any other
wisenheimers who dared mess with them.

Case over.

Posted to alt.home.repair

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
If a neighbor's dog barks all night, it's MY problem?

Well, yeah. The problem belongs to (usually) he who dislikes the
situation. If I'm allergic to cats and start dating a gal who has a
fluffy, what should I do? Off the cat? Make her choose? Get the
shots? Find another woman? My personal sense of morality says "Get
the shots." Your sense of right/wrong may, of course, differ.

I knew you were stupid, but lately, you're raising stupid to an art
form.

I know, I know. But what's art without suffering.

Based on your logic, it's OK for someone to pull up in front of your
house and send a few bullets through your living room window while
your kids are playing in there. The shooter's not the problem. It's
your problem. You're really fussy about the safety of your kids, so
you should install bullet-resistant windows.

Your point's well taken. Fortunately, there's a solution: The bathtub.

Usually the tub's made of cast iron and will stop a bullet. This little
trick is well known to the mothers who live in the 'hood.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I'd like to talk for 5 minutes with any ***LIAR*** who says they
love it when the neighbor's dog wakes them up 2 hours earlier than
the alarm clock is set for, and does this every night for two
weeks. Anyone who says they'd
be OK with this is a ***LIAR***. There are no exceptions.

It's ok with me. I like cats better than dogs though...FEED the
animals and don't be cruel to them. READ my tag line below whiner.

You're a liar. Nobody is OK with being awakened 2 hours early every
day by unnecessary noise.

I agree. It's a crying shame the government doesn't provide fifty-cent
earplugs, either to everybody, or to anybody who applies (like the digital
TV converters).

They really should. Maybe we could write a letter to somebody...

Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
wrote:

I'd like to talk for 5 minutes with any ***LIAR*** who says they
love it when the neighbor's dog wakes them up 2 hours earlier than
the alarm clock is set for, and does this every night for two
weeks. Anyone who says they'd
be OK with this is a ***LIAR***. There are no exceptions.

It's ok with me. I like cats better than dogs though...FEED the
animals and don't be cruel to them. READ my tag line below whiner.

You're a liar. Nobody is OK with being awakened 2 hours early every
day by unnecessary noise.

I agree. It's a crying shame the government doesn't provide fifty-cent
earplugs, either to everybody, or to anybody who applies (like the digital
TV converters).

They really should. Maybe we could write a letter to somebody...

Again, you expect the victim to adjust to the crime. Wrong. The barking dog
needs to go, and the definition of "go" is to be determined by the victim of
the crime.

Posted to alt.home.repair

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
You're a liar. Nobody is OK with being awakened 2 hours early every
day by unnecessary noise.

I agree. It's a crying shame the government doesn't provide
fifty-cent earplugs, either to everybody, or to anybody who applies
(like the digital TV converters).

They really should. Maybe we could write a letter to somebody...

Again, you expect the victim to adjust to the crime. Wrong. The
barking dog needs to go, and the definition of "go" is to be
determined by the victim of the crime.

Remember "Tail Hook?"

Some women got groped by a bunch of drunken sailors who invited them to a
party in a Las Vegas hotel.

Anybody who moves into a house next door to a barking dog is similar to the
tarts who claimed "victimhood." 'Course the Secretary of the Navy, the
press, and all the feminists took the side of the innocent maidens, so who
am I to offer a contrary explanation? I yield to your superior, and morally
more potent, position.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
[...]

So rape is a woman's fault for going outdoors. Got it. I'll mention that to
our town judge next time I see him.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , HeyBub wrote:
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
You're a liar. Nobody is OK with being awakened 2 hours early every
day by unnecessary noise.

I agree. It's a crying shame the government doesn't provide
fifty-cent earplugs, either to everybody, or to anybody who applies
(like the digital TV converters).

They really should. Maybe we could write a letter to somebody...

Again, you expect the victim to adjust to the crime. Wrong. The
barking dog needs to go, and the definition of "go" is to be
determined by the victim of the crime.

Remember "Tail Hook?"

Some women got groped by a bunch of drunken sailors who invited them to a
party in a Las Vegas hotel.

Anybody who moves into a house next door to a barking dog is similar to the
tarts who claimed "victimhood."

If your neighbor deploys a barking dog outdoors after you move in, how
is that your fault?

What if a neighbor moves in after you move in and he has a dog that he
likes to put out for the night? (Putting a dog out for the night [or
any other long period] is wrong to do to pack animals that have a genetic
psychological need to be with "their people" - whether 4-legged or
2-legged. I think there should be laws against putting dogs out for the
night, especially against putting a dog out alone for the night.)

Meanwhile, groping women like what occurred at the Tailhook incident is
wrong. Sailors who uncontrollably grope women when drunk need to drink
less at high profile parties or to not attend high profile parties.
Sailors that can control themselves better need to do so or else not
attend high profile parties.

- Don Klipstein )
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , "HeyBub" wrote:

Remember "Tail Hook?"

Apparently you don't.

Some women got groped by a bunch of drunken sailors who invited them to a
party in a Las Vegas hotel.

A number of female *officers* were treated so by their fellow officers. That
was the *real* scandal.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , HeyBub says...

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
[...]

Wow - what an outstandingly moronic jerk you are.

Not only do you think going to a party opens one up to being groped, but you
just described Naval officers as "tarts". Way to go, Bub!!

Banty

Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
[...]

Ever hit a tub with a sledge hammer? Maybe it'll stop the first bullet, but I
wouldn't count on anything after that.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
[...]

And how about when the dog abusers move in next door to you.

When it happened to me, it was wake up time at 5AM for the first summer. Every
day. Animal control got a lot of calls, but did little to help.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Bob F wrote:

Based on your logic, it's OK for someone to pull up in front of your
house and send a few bullets through your living room window while
your kids are playing in there. The shooter's not the problem. It's
your problem. You're really fussy about the safety of your kids, so
you should install bullet-resistant windows.

Your point's well taken. Fortunately, there's a solution: The
bathtub. Usually the tub's made of cast iron and will stop a bullet. This
little trick is well known to the mothers who live in the 'hood.

Ever hit a tub with a sledge hammer? Maybe it'll stop the first
bullet, but I wouldn't count on anything after that.

Usually stopping one bullet is sufficient: most gang-bangers aren't too good
a shot.

I don't mean to start a new thread based on a contrary example, but if
somebody puts a shot through my window, I shoot back. You can't go wrong
following the rule: "He who puts the most metal in the air usually wins."

Posted to alt.home.repair

Bob F wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
[...]

Well, yeah. That is the flaw in my otherwise buttoned-down theory. But I
wouldn't condemn a whole program because of one little slip-up.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote in message
Bob F wrote:

[...]

Then I'll just throw my anvil.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
.. .

This is why we have anti-freeze.

That's why we have jails
Tony

Posted to alt.home.repair

"aemeijers" wrote in message
S. Barker wrote:
Exactly wrong. I'd tell the gal, 'me or the cat'. Let her decide.

Easy to say, harder to do. 99% of the time, they will pick the damn cat.
The cats are surrogate children for most women, IMHO. Hope you like living
alone....

--
aem sends...

I'd pick the cat too.
Tony

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Rudy" wrote in message
says he can't sleep: two bushy-tailed dogs that bark and howl all night.

One neighbor decided to leave town for a long weekend and put the dog in
the backyard to fend for itself. I presume someone was to come over and
feed it. After the first night and most of the next day of BARK BARK
BARK, I went over into the yard and grabbed the dog..took it over to their
"dog door" which had been blocked by something inside..rammed it OPEN and
shoved the dog INSIDE and blocked it from the outside.

I hope the AH had a lot of dog crap in there to clean up when he got home.
He never tried that again.

LOL
Now that's a good one
Tony

Posted to alt.home.repair

Jail the bad neighbor. Send the dog with someone who will take care of it.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Anthony Diodati" mrbreezeet1NO wrote in message

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
.. .

This is why we have anti-freeze.

That's why we have jails
Tony

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bad neighbor solution=Rap...

Assuming animal control is no longer an option. I recommend the OP
explore the world of rap music. If the neighbor is as red neckish as
they sound, you should be able to get very far under their skin with the
proper rap tunes cranked up very loud at strategic hours.

I'd say get to know the neighbor's hot buttons. We know yours- losing
sleep at the hands of barking dogs.

If you think rap music will work I recommend you try Foxy Brown. She has
some filthy stuff out there. But you've got to get the uncensored stuff.
On track 14 of the album I've used at times the reprise is "I'm a mothua
****ing bitch.." I can't tell you how many nosey neighbors I've 'fixed'
with this track..

If that wont work, check out where the prevailing wind is coming from.
Is the wind blowing from your property to theirs?
I had a home where the wind came from one direction most of the time
(the ocean).

So, I used to park my 2 stroke scooter (a lawn mower may also work just
as well) next to the property line, lined up with their big sliding
glass doors of their patio. I'd leave that sucker running as long as
necessary to drive home my point.. No matter what, people have to
breathe..

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
[...]

You're evil. I want you for a neighbor.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 10:23:38 -0700 (PDT), Ron
wrote:

On Jun 28, 8:02*am, wrote:
Call the police. *That's why there are noise ordinances and police to
enforce them.

Mike

Not if it is zoned agricultural. (at least where I used to live)

Been there, done that. They would come out and talk to the people but
also told me there was nothing they could do. Told me to call animal
control to see if the dogs were being abused.

I also had a damn rooster next door that would start crowing at 6am on
the dot until 7am, the time I had to get up for work.

Needless to say I got little sleep when I lived in that house.

Thank god it was a rental!

YOU could adapt to the situation. Get up at 6. This also has the
benefit of giving YOU some REAL morning.