Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Craigslist murderers

On May 12, 8:06�pm, (Doug Miller) wrote:
In article , harry wrote:

On May 12, 7:28=EF=BF=BDpm, (Doug Miller) wrote:
In article =

..com, harry wrote:

Guns in Ireland are there as a result of US exported terrorism.

Wrong again, harry.

It's the *guns* that are US-exported.

The *terrorists* are all home grown in the UK.

You do seem to find it very difficult to admit to yourself the scope of the
violence problem in the UK. Your violence problem isn't our fault. Hint: you
didn't have much of a violence problem when your laws allowed your subjects
the right of self-defense, and your courts put malefactors in prison where
they belong. Now, if a subject uses force to defend himself against an attack,
*he's* the one in trouble with the law, not the attacker. We don't do it that
way here in the U.S., and that's why we don't have anywhere near the violence
problem that you do.

The IRA was largely funded by the good citzens of Philadephia.

�Obviously the UK collectively did not learn any lessons from 1776. Your
problem with Irish terrorists was created by the insane policies of *your*
government.

Stop trying to blame us for a problem that you created.- Hide quoted text -

The problems with Ireland originate from the times of Henry VII and
Oliver Cromwell. Who, come to think, behaved exactly as the US is
behaving in Afghanistan.

The problem is most USAians have no knowledge of foreign lands. They
pick up disinformation from Hollywood musicals (also the source of
disinformation about their own history). Well complete lies actually,
as bad as anything in the USSR. But it's voluntary! Amazing
brainwashing.
There is an assumption that foreign parts are the same as America and
if not they ought to be.
The American population has been ignorant/ kept ingnorance of the
activities of it's own government for decades. This was fine as you
were geographically isolated.
Now you are not, terrorist can come and "gitcha", hence 11/9.
You are going to have to learn better behaviour or they will gitcha
again.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 13, 4:18�am, The Daring Dufas
wrote:
aemeijers wrote:
harry wrote:
On May 12, 1:23 pm, The Daring Dufas
wrote:
harry wrote:
On May 11, 8:43 pm, (Doug Miller) wrote:
In article
,
harry wrote:
Nasty violent place the USA.
Not as nasty, or as violent, as the UK:
UK is violent crime capital of Europe
The United Kingdom is the violent crime capital of Europe and has
one of the
highest rates of violence in the world, worse even than America,
according to
new research.
By Richard Edwards, Crime Correspondent
Published: 7:00AM BST 02 Jul 2009
Analysis of figures from the European Commission showed a 77 per
cent increase
in murders, robberies, assaults and sexual offences in the UK since
Labour
came to power.
The total number of violent offences recorded compared to
population is higher
than any other country in Europe, as well as America, Canada,
Australia and
South Africa.
http://www.telegraph.co.
uk/news/newstopics/politics/lawandorder/5712573/UK-is-violent-crime-capital�
-of
-Europe.html
Comparative statistics here USA/Rest of the world:-
http://library.med.utah.edu/WebPath/...S/GUNSTAT.html
As I say nasty violent place. Also world leader in exporting
terrorism.
A side by side comparison with automobile related deaths would be
interesting. I think there are fewer vehicles than firearms but
more deaths and injuries due to vehicles. Automobiles should be
banned because, like guns, vehicles will jump up and hurt you by
themselves. I should know, I saw the movie Christine.

TDD- Hide quoted text -

Christine. Ah yes I have the video. �Stephen King. And there's me
thinking it to be fiction.
Handguns have no other function but to kill people.

Funny, I thought they were to keep the other fellow with a handgun (or
whatever) from killing ME.

You can crack nuts with one or, blow them off.

TDD- Hide quoted text -

Oh, and before we get on to the inevitable topic of how John Wayne won
WWII, the Russians did that.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/13/2010 3:54 AM, harry wrote:

Rather sad on the news tonight was the school children in China being
killed. �They have strong gun laws so the murderers are using knives,
hammers, and cleavers instead.- Hide quoted text -

Yep very sad. If they'd had guns instead of knives they could have
killed SO many more. Maybe even got all the little perishers. Maybe
a few of the police. Maybe even escaped.

The other side of the coin is that had one visitor, teacher, or
administrator been armed, maybe a lot fewer of them would have been killed.

What if, what if, what if I win the lottery?

Jay
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/13/2010 3:51 AM, harry wrote:

If no-one has a gun, no-one gets killed with a gun.
It's this scumbag gun culture that results in these numerous school
massacres in the US. I bet the parents of these kids wished they had
lived somewhere else at the time,

Like China?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-sto...5875-22254789/

Your supposition is a waste of time as the cows long ago left the barn.
You will never get that genie back in the bottle. Guns are with us to
stay. Do you prefer only the bad guys have them?

Don't blame the tool; blame the person with the deadly intent. HE'S THE
PROBLEM.

Jay

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , harry wrote:
On May 12, 8:00=EF=BF=BDpm, (Doug Miller) wrote:
In article =

..com, harry wrote:

On May 12, 1:57=3DEF=3DBF=3DBDpm, (Doug Miller) wrot=

e:
In article =

ups=3D
..com, harry wrote:

On May 11, 8:43=3D3DEF=3D3DBF=3D3DBDpm, (Doug Mil=

ler) wrot=3D
e:
In article =

rou=3D
ps.=3D3D
com, harry wrote:

[...]

-capital=EF=BF=BD-of
-Europe.html

Comparative statistics here USA/Rest of the world:-
http://library.med.utah.edu/WebPath/...S/GUNSTAT.html

Doesn't change the fact that the UK is in truth *much* more violent th=

an the
US. We haven't banned guns here, so our bad guys use guns. You banned =

guns, so
your bad guys used knives instead. Then you banned knives, and your ba=

d guys
switched to clubs. When you ban clubs, they'll switch to garrotes.

At least *here* the law allows our citizens to defend themselves again=

st bad
guys, unlike citizens of the UK.

Oh, wait, I forgot.

You aren't citizens. You're *subjects*. We used to be, too, but thank =

God and
Thomas Jefferson, we aren't anymore.

As I say nasty violent place.

An odd comment, coming from a resident of a nation with such a severe =

violence
problem that you found it necessary to ban glass bottles in your pubs.=

We
don't need to do that.

The UK is the most violent nation in Europe, demonstrably more violent=

than
anywhere else in the English-speaking world. The statistics show clear=

ly that
the UK is a *far* more violent place than the US.

Also world leader in exporting terrorism.

Ummm, no, you apparently have us confused with Iran. Were you born thi=

stupid, or did you train?- Hide quoted text -

Let's see these statistics you refer to.

Cited in the article I excerpted above. Apparently you couldn't trouble
yourself to read it.

The USA has exported terrorism to virtually every country in South and
Central America.

False. You don't seem able to distinguish between exporting firearms and
exporting terrorism.

It has invaded and occupied places in the Carribean
and Pacific

True

without reason.

False.

It still occupies Hawaii

Hawaii is not "occupied", you ass. It's one of the 50 states. It's no mor=

"occupied" by the U.S. than Ohio is -- or Scotland is "occupied" by Engla=

nd.

Harry, you're an idiot. You know nothing of what you speak, yet that does=

n't
slow you down at all. Perhaps if you pulled your head out of your arse lo=

ng
enough to actually read a few facts, you wouldn't seem such a dolt.- Hide=

quoted text -

The link didn't work..

That's because your newsreader munged it in your followups. If you had
bothered to read it the first time I posted, you wouldn't have had any
trouble.

Not my fault you're stupid.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , harry wrote:
On May 12, 8:06=EF=BF=BDpm, (Doug Miller) wrote:
In article =

..com, harry wrote:

On May 12, 7:28=3DEF=3DBF=3DBDpm, (Doug Miller) wrot=

e:
In article =

ups=3D
..com, harry wrote:

[...]

=EF=BF=BDObviously the UK collectively did not learn any lessons from 177=

*

-

The problems with Ireland originate from the times of Henry VII and
Oliver Cromwell.

Like I said: a problem that you created. Not us. Stop blaming us for your
problems.
Posted to alt.home.repair

aemeijers wrote in
:

harry wrote:

Handguns have no other function but to kill people.

Funny, I thought they were to keep the other fellow with a handgun (or
whatever) from killing ME.

all any gun does is to propel a projectile;
the projectile's goal is determined by a HUMAN.
Many guns are only for target practice.

or flare guns,nail guns,heat guns....

Besides,sometimes,it's a good thing to kill,like when another person (or a
4 legged animal)is trying to kill or harm you.

"To ban guns because criminals use them is to tell the innocent and
law-abiding that their rights and liberties depend not on their own
conduct, but on the conduct of the guilty and the lawless, and that the
law will permit them to have only such rights and liberties as the
lawless will allow... For society does not control crime, ever, by
forcing the law-abiding to accommodate themselves to the expected
behavior of criminals. Society controls crime by forcing the criminals
to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of the law-abiding."
---------- Jeff Snyder

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Posted to alt.home.repair

Jay Hanig wrote in
:

On 5/13/2010 3:54 AM, harry wrote:

Rather sad on the news tonight was the school children in China
being killed. �They have strong gun laws so the murderers are
using knives, hammers, and cleavers instead.- Hide quoted text -

Yep very sad. If they'd had guns instead of knives they could have
killed SO many more. Maybe even got all the little perishers. Maybe
a few of the police. Maybe even escaped.

The other side of the coin is that had one visitor, teacher, or
administrator been armed, maybe a lot fewer of them would have been
killed.

that's happened at Pearl,MS High School,Appalachian Law School,VA,and a
church in Boulder CO. All three incidents were where an armed citizen
stopped a mass murderer.

But you don't hear much about THOSE incidents from the liberal media.

"To ban guns because criminals use them is to tell the innocent and
law-abiding that their rights and liberties depend not on their own
conduct, but on the conduct of the guilty and the lawless, and that the
law will permit them to have only such rights and liberties as the
lawless will allow... For society does not control crime, ever, by
forcing the law-abiding to accommodate themselves to the expected
behavior of criminals. Society controls crime by forcing the criminals
to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of the law-abiding."
---------- Jeff Snyder

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
at
localnet
dot com
Posted to alt.home.repair

Jay Hanig wrote in
:

On 5/13/2010 3:51 AM, harry wrote:

If no-one has a gun, no-one gets killed with a gun.

there's no such place anywhere on Earth.
in EVERY nation,criminals have guns.

BTW,police and government often "LOSE" guns.
The US FEDGOV is missing over 1000 of their guns(circa 2003),some full auto
machine guns. Police have them stolen from their patrol cars.

Also,guns are the great equalizer;
they permit the weak,elderly,handicapped or outnumbered to defend
themselves against bigger,stronger or more numerous attackers,with the best
chances of success,and with the least harm to themselves.

Would you expect a 100 lb woman to fight off a 200+ lb man attacking her?
Or your grandmother?

It's this scumbag gun culture that results in these numerous school
massacres in the US. I bet the parents of these kids wished they had
lived somewhere else at the time,

Like China?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-sto...cred-by-meat-c
leaver-115875-22254789/

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , harry wrote:
[...]

"God made man, but Samuel Colt made them equal."

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

harry wrote:
[...]

Given what you say is true (it's not), who supplied the Russians. Did
the Russians also win the war in the Pacific? ...or doesn't that part
of the world concern your Europeon-centric world view?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 13, 2:47*am, harry wrote:
On May 12, 8:00 pm, (Doug Miller) wrote:

In article , harry wrote:

On May 12, 1:57=EF=BF=BDpm, (Doug Miller) wrote:
In article =
..com, harry wrote:

On May 11, 8:43=3DEF=3DBF=3DBDpm, (Doug Miller) wrot=
e:
In article =
ps.=3D
com, harry wrote:

[...]

Hawaii is not "occupied", you ass. It's one of the 50 states. It's no more
"occupied" by the U.S. than Ohio is -- or Scotland is "occupied" by England.

Harry, you're an idiot. You know nothing of what you speak, yet that doesn't
slow you down at all. Perhaps if you pulled your head out of your arse long
enough to actually read a few facts, you wouldn't seem such a dolt.- Hide quoted text -

The link didn't work..
Hawaii.
Was forced into the USA by a vote that included thousands of US
servicemen stationed there at the time. They far outnumbered the
native Hawaiians. It was admitted in congress (Clintons era, 1993)
that the incorporation of Hawaii was illegal.
*If you aren't aware of it, the state flag of Hawaii incorporates the
british flag "union jack". This is because the Hawaiians wanted to
join the British empire. *They wanted our monarchy having experienced
republicanism first hand.

Fine, you can have Hawaii. ...but you have to take everyone who was
"born in" Hawaii, too.

Many Kings and Queens of Hawaii have been illegally detained by the
USA, one quite recently.
The Hawaiians want their islands back. Hadn't you heard?
Bit on the topic he-http://www.freehawaii.org/
Like most Americans you're very ignorant of your own history.
I expect you watch Fox News. Why not try Aljazeera or the BBC?
Or better just get yourself down to the library and read a non-fiction
book or two.

And you further reveal your ignorance, many Scots, Irish and Welsh do
consider themselves to be occupied by the English.

You could start with a history of the Spanish /American war before you
come spouting BS here.
Oh and try something about Cuba too. (Written by a non-American.)

There's nobody got their heads further up theur arses than republicans.

Nah, you've proven that to be a crock lately.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 13, 12:54�pm, Jim Yanik wrote:
Jay Hanig wrote :

[...]

dot com- Hide quoted text -

Equalizer eh? That's the reason why Iran needs nuclear weapons. So
they don't get pushed around by the USA. They equalise. Funny thing
that's not OK.
Equalisers are OK so long as they are in the hands of the strong I
have noticed. They also make the criminal equal to you and make it
more likely they will get a gun to facilitate crime.

I have heard all this drivel from NRA members before. All part of the
American Fear Culture.
Afraid the Brits are coming to gitcha. (I know of no such plan).
Afraid of burglars.
Afraid the Gov. will take over the country.
Afraid of the bogey man under the bed.
This is called paranoia.
I don't worry about any of these things. Nobody does in the UK. We
don't have to. We are not afraid! :-)

Y'all need to get about more. Watch less TV. Watch no Hollywood.
Travel to foreign places, stay in their houses.
If you'd had a holiday in Iraq for example, you'd be less inclined to
drop bombs on them. You'd be better informed to make a judgement as
to when your (republican) government is lying to you.

What you do need to worry about is if your guns fall into the hands of
your children. That their minds are poisoned by Hollywood drivel and
US gov. propaganda.
Posted to alt.home.repair

..com, harry wrote:

[...]

problems.- Hide quoted text -

There was no problem until the IRA got money from "Irish Americans".
And Regan dropped bombs on Libya.

I see you're ignoring the Hawaii issue.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 13, 12:45�pm, Jim Yanik wrote:
aemeijers wrote :

harry wrote:
[...]

When in Australia I had a go with a large handgun at a target. After
15 or 20 minutes I was bored. You need to be not very smart to think
target practice is interesting. But then I suppose large tracts of
the US are not very interesting & target practice is one of few
pastimes.

Anyway, you are talking drivel unless you have experienced a gunfight,
which I have on my travels.
Gunfights are not in the least as portrayed by Hollywood, you can't
imagine.

BTW Gunfight = pre-arranged meeting between armed persons with the
intention of killing one another.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 13, 11:35�am, Jay Hanig wrote:
On 5/13/2010 3:54 AM, harry wrote:

Rather sad on the news tonight was the school children in China being
killed. They have strong gun laws so the murderers are using knives,
hammers, and cleavers instead.- Hide quoted text -

Yep very sad. �If they'd had guns instead of knives they could have
killed SO many more. �Maybe even got all the little perishers. �Maybe
a few of the police. Maybe even escaped.

The other side of the coin is that had one visitor, teacher, or
administrator been armed, maybe a lot fewer of them would have been killed.

What if, what if, what if I win the lottery?

Jay

The police should have a gun.......perhaps. No-one else.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

harry wrote:
[...]

of the world concern your Europeon-centric world view?- Hide quoted text -

Afraid it is true, check the site and do some followups.
You won the war in the Pacifand we helped. We had aircraft carriers
with armoured decks that were impervious to Kamakaze fighters.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Pacific_Fleet

Strangely never mentioned by Hollywood. Which of course is why you
don't know this.
The Russians invaded Northern Japan. They are still there. It was not
a great contribution.
But the biggest battles of WW2 were fought in Russia and the world's
biggest tank battle took place there. Western Russia was completely
destroyed but they fought on, turned the tide and fought into the
heart of Nazi Germany, including the battle for Berlin.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

harry wrote:
[...]

heart of Nazi Germany, including the battle for Berlin.- Hide quoted text -

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

harry wrote:
[...]

The Normandy landings would have failed had the Germans not had to
fight the Russians on the Eastern front simultaneously.
Posted to alt.home.repair

harry wrote:

wrote:
harry wrote:
[...]

My Russian cousins lost so many people in the war and they have
every right to be paranoid. Hitler should have paid attention to
history. The Russians are very pragmatic and will grind anyone
into the ground who is foolish enough to attack them on their
home turf, Ruskies don't play. Boris, have you hugged a terrorist
today? Da! Hugged him like bear till eyeballs pop out!

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 13, 9:59*am, harry wrote:
On May 13, 11:35 am, Jay Hanig wrote:

On 5/13/2010 3:54 AM, harry wrote:

Rather sad on the news tonight was the school children in China being
killed. They have strong gun laws so the murderers are using knives,
hammers, and cleavers instead.- Hide quoted text -

Yep very sad. If they'd had guns instead of knives they could have
killed SO many more. Maybe even got all the little perishers. Maybe
a few of the police. Maybe even escaped.

The other side of the coin is that had one visitor, teacher, or
administrator been armed, maybe a lot fewer of them would have been killed.

What if, what if, what if I win the lottery?

Jay

The police should have a gun.......perhaps. No-one else.

The police are not responsible for your protection. Their job is to
fill out the necessary paperwork and if possible catch the perp, after
he's killed you and raped your daughter.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

harry wrote:
[...]

Is your first language Russian?
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , harry wrote:
On May 13, 12:21=EF=BF=BDpm, (Doug Miller) wrote:
In article .=

com, harry wrote:

On May 12, 8:06=3DEF=3DBF=3DBDpm, (Doug Miller) wrot=

e:
In article =

ups=3D
..com, harry wrote:

On May 12, 7:28=3D3DEF=3D3DBF=3D3DBDpm, (Doug Mil=

ler) wrot=3D
e:
In article =

gro=3D
ups=3D3D
..com, harry wrote:

Guns in Ireland are there as a result of US exported terrorism.

Wrong again, harry.

It's the *guns* that are US-exported.

The *terrorists* are all home grown in the UK.

You do seem to find it very difficult to admit to yourself the scop=

e o=3D
f the
violence problem in the UK. Your violence problem isn't our fault. =

Hin=3D
t: you
didn't have much of a violence problem when your laws allowed your =

sub=3D
jects
the right of self-defense, and your courts put malefactors in priso=

n w=3D
here
they belong. Now, if a subject uses force to defend himself against=

an=3D
attack,
*he's* the one in trouble with the law, not the attacker. We don't =

do =3D
it that
way here in the U.S., and that's why we don't have anywhere near th=

e v=3D
iolence
problem that you do.

The IRA was largely funded by the good citzens of Philadephia.

=3DEF=3DBF=3DBDObviously the UK collectively did not learn any lessons=

from 177=3D
6. Your
problem with Irish terrorists was created by the insane policies of *y=

our=3D
*
government.

Stop trying to blame us for a problem that you created.- Hide quoted t=

ext=3D
-

The problems with Ireland originate from the times of Henry VII and
Oliver Cromwell.

Like I said: a problem that you created. Not us. Stop blaming us for your
problems.- Hide quoted text -

There was no problem until the IRA got money from "Irish Americans".

Absolute nonsense. Your government's repression of the Irish created the
problem. Stop blaming us for problems that *you* created.

And Regan dropped bombs on Libya.

Complete non-sequitur. Nothing at all to do with the fact that policies of
*your* government are responsible for Irish terrorism.

I see you're ignoring the Hawaii issue.

The only "issue" is in your mind.

I'm done. You're not worth responding to. You're a fool.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , keith wrote:
On May 13, 10:19=A0am, harry wrote:
On May 13, 1:40 pm, keith wrote:

On May 13, 3:10 am, harry wrote:

On May 13, 4:18 am, The Daring Dufas =

wrote:

aemeijers wrote:
harry wrote:
On May 12, 1:23 pm, The Daring Dufas the-daring-du...@peckerhea=

d.net
wrote:
harry wrote:
On May 11, 8:43 pm, (Doug Miller) wrote:
In article
=

..com,
harry wrote:
[...]

No, his first langauge is Dumbass. Plonk him and be done with it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 13, 5:10�pm, keith wrote:
On May 13, 10:19�am, harry wrote:

wrote:

harry wrote:
[...]

Is your first language Russian?- Hide quoted text -

Nope. I speak a little German, French, Spanish and a few words of
Arabic.
But I know fact from (Hollywood) fiction.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

harry wrote:
[...]

No, his first langauge is Dumbass. Plonk him and be done with it.- Hide quoted text -

Lost the argument on all fronts eh! You need to get yourself an
education. Well, you may as well take your bat home.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 13, 5:09�pm, keith wrote:
On May 13, 9:59�am, harry wrote:

On May 13, 11:35 am, Jay Hanig wrote:

On 5/13/2010 3:54 AM, harry wrote:

Rather sad on the news tonight was the school children in China being
killed. They have strong gun laws so the murderers are using knives,
hammers, and cleavers instead.- Hide quoted text -

Yep very sad. If they'd had guns instead of knives they could have
killed SO many more. Maybe even got all the little perishers. Maybe
a few of the police. Maybe even escaped.

The other side of the coin is that had one visitor, teacher, or
administrator been armed, maybe a lot fewer of them would have been killed.

What if, what if, what if I win the lottery?

Jay

The police should have a gun.......perhaps. No-one else.

The police are not responsible for your protection. �Their job is to
fill out the necessary paperwork and if possible catch the perp, after
he's killed you and raped your daughter.- Hide quoted text -

Strange way to run a police force. Oh, I see you're taking the
**** :-)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 13, 11:50*am, harry wrote:
On May 13, 5:09 pm, keith wrote:

On May 13, 9:59 am, harry wrote:

[...]

**** *:-)

No, you're just clueless. ...but again, this isn't news to anyone
here.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

harry wrote:
[...]

Irrelevant.

You won the war in the Pacifand we helped.

Ah, so you lied. No surprise to anyone here.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 13, 11:44*am, harry wrote:
On May 13, 5:10 pm, keith wrote:

On May 13, 10:19 am, harry wrote:

wrote:

harry wrote:
[...]

But the fact is that your fist language isn't Russian, as it would be
if the Russians had "won" WWII.

But I know fact from (Hollywood) fiction.

You don't know squat. ...but that's no surprise to anyone in this
thread.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 12, 9:20*am, "Jon Danniken"
wrote:
harry wrote:

Comparative statistics here USA/Rest of the world:-
http://library.med.utah.edu/WebPath/...S/GUNSTAT.html

As I say nasty violent place. *Also world leader in exporting
terrorism.

The higher number of gun-related deaths in the US is mainly due to two
causes: suicide, and inner-city gangs shooting each other. *Law abiding
American citizens with guns are not the problem.

Jon

Bull... PERIOD... Most of the "law abiding" gun owners are accidents
waiting to happen... Why do you think there are now very specific
laws
on how and where you can store unattended fire arms... Why do you
think
trigger locks are mandatory ?

Too many "law abiding" citizens have guns which were involved in
terrible
accidents -- i.e. children found the gun and bullets and played,
children
knew where mom or dad kept the key to the lock box the gun was kept
in,
or a gun safe with an easy to guess combination...

Seriously...

You are more likely to get killed in public in the United States by a
car
accident than gun fire, even in those dreadful inner cities plagued by
gang violence...

~~ Evan
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , Evan wrote:
On May 12, 9:20=A0am, "Jon Danniken"
wrote:
harry wrote:

Comparative statistics here USA/Rest of the world:-
http://library.med.utah.edu/WebPath/...S/GUNSTAT.html

As I say nasty violent place. =A0Also world leader in exporting
terrorism.

The higher number of gun-related deaths in the US is mainly due to two
causes: suicide, and inner-city gangs shooting each other. =A0Law abiding
American citizens with guns are not the problem.

Jon

Bull... PERIOD... Most of the "law abiding" gun owners are accidents
waiting to happen... Why do you think there are now very specific
laws on how and where you can store unattended fire arms...

Mostly because of a small number of fools that can't figure out how to store a
gun safely, and a larger number of fools who believe that the act of passing a
law prohibiting something will magically prevent that something from ever
happening again.

Why do you think trigger locks are mandatory ?

Beats me. They aren't mandatory where I live.

Too many "law abiding" citizens have guns which were involved in
terrible accidents -- i.e. children found the gun and bullets and played,
children knew where mom or dad kept the key to the lock box the gun was kept
in, or a gun safe with an easy to guess combination...

There are over 300 million people in the United States. In 2006 (the most
recent year for which I could find statistics) the total number of deaths due
to accidental discharge of a firearm was 642.[*]

Sixty percent of these were adults over the age of 24. Only 54 were children
under the age of 15.[*] Of course, that's 54 too many, but it's still a very
small number: forty times as many kids died in automobile accidents.

Seriously...

You are more likely to get killed in public in the United States by a
car accident than gun fire, even in those dreadful inner cities plagued by
gang violence...

Absolutely true. The ratio is about eighty to one.

In addition to motor vehicle accidents, each of the following kills more
people every year in the U.S. than firearm accidents: (not an exhaustive list)
- falls (over 20K people!)
- drowning
- fire/smoke inhalation
- accidental poisoning
- complications of medical and surgical care
- hernias
- bronchitis
- pregnancy and childbirth
- kidney infections
- influenza
- asthma
[*] Source for all statistics cited: U.S. Centers for Disease Control
http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr57/nvsr57_14.pdf
Posted to alt.home.repair

keith wrote:

But the fact is that your fist language isn't Russian, as it would be
if the Russians had "won" WWII.

They were one of the winners. Actually, the Soviets. Who captured Berlin? In
what country was the Yalta conference held? Name the six largest countries of
the Allies. -- Doug
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/10/2010 8:19 PM, TheHack wrote:
wrote in
:

"May 7) -- It seemed like a good idea -- make some extra cash by
selling a diamond ring on Craigslist. But a Washington state man who
opened his door to what he thought was a prospective buyer found a
band of murderous thieves instead, police said.

Jim Sanders, 43, spoke on the phone to a man who responded to his
website ad. He gave the man his address in Edgewood, a Tacoma suburb,
and set up a meeting time so the buyer could inspect the ring, police
said. But when Sanders answered the door on April 28, three men and a
woman stood on the doorstep. One of the strangers pulled a gun and the
gang forced its way inside, police said."

http://www.aolnews.com/crime/article...rs-killed-by-r
obbers-who-saw-his-craigslist-ad-for-diamond-ring/19469483

Much better to be robbed by the pawn shop

Chances are the guy would have walked out alive. Unfortunately there are
way too many folks who think if they think good thoughts everything will
be OK.

An excellent example is our current president thinking that if he
apologized to everyone we would all be holding hands and singing songs
together instead of realizing that there are nasty people in the world.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 13 May 2010 07:56:58 -0700 (PDT), harry
wrote:

When in Australia I had a go with a large handgun at a target. After
15 or 20 minutes I was bored. You need to be not very smart to think
target practice is interesting. But then I suppose large tracts of
the US are not very interesting & target practice is one of few
pastimes.

Um, I will be sending money to a politician. Yep! I already made up my
mind about her. She is 130#, petite and carries (concealed) a .44 cal
Smith & Wesson hawg leg.

Oh, her concept of relaxation? Target practice! She was recently in
Washington (named after the Father of our Country) D.C., she stated
she usually has Smith and Wesson with her on trips, so when she goes
to the Senate, well whatever.

I understand that your past shooting Olympic Teams, had to practice in
Ireland. Is that true?

Where I live in the Mohave Desert you would be more likely to die
from dehydration than from a gun - one mile off the road.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , Douglas Johnson wrote:
keith wrote:

But the fact is that your fist language isn't Russian, as it would be
if the Russians had "won" WWII.

They were one of the winners. Actually, the Soviets. Who captured Berlin?

The Sovs.

In what country was the Yalta conference held?

Crimea, Ukraine, which at that time was part of the USSR.

Name the six largest countries of the Allies.

USSR, Canada, USA, China, Australia, Brazil
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 13 May 2010 08:19:33 -0700 (PDT), harry
wrote:

The Normandy landings would have failed had the Germans not had to
fight the Russians on the Eastern front simultaneously.

It might have failed without Winston Churchill. But again, our
fightin' boys killed and later made babies all over Europe :-/

Wars are fought with multiple fronts.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 13 May 2010 09:44:46 -0700 (PDT), harry
wrote:

On May 13, 5:10?pm, keith wrote:
On May 13, 10:19?am, harry wrote:

snip

The Normandy landings would have failed had the Germans not had to
fight the Russians on the Eastern front simultaneously.

Is your first language Russian?- Hide quoted text -

Nope. I speak a little German, French, Spanish and a few words of
Arabic.

There is a reason you don't speak Russian - think about that!

You missed the point of the question.

But I know fact from (Hollywood) fiction.

So do I.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 13 May 2010 09:50:14 -0700 (PDT), harry
wrote:

The police are not responsible for your protection. ?Their job is to
fill out the necessary paperwork and if possible catch the perp, after
he's killed you and raped your daughter.- Hide quoted text -

Strange way to run a police force. Oh, I see you're taking the
**** :-)

Strange??! Doesn't a "Bobby" have to call his/her supervisor, that
actually has a gun. That is strange.

Can cops in the UK even have a sharp pencil?

Bridgeport type mill craigslist [email protected] [email protected] Metalworking 0 December 5th 07 06:53 PM
Craigslist Gunner[_2_] Metalworking 20 August 28th 07 01:14 AM
Craigslist Gloat Jon Anderson Metalworking 8 July 23rd 07 12:04 AM
Walnut on Craigslist David Bridgeman Woodworking 11 December 6th 06 07:42 PM
Mill FS on craigslist wayne mak Metalworking 1 January 10th 06 04:24 PM